The Midwest can potentially hit arctic temperatures this Sunday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Midwest can potentially hit arctic temperatures this Sunday

The Midwest Is About To Face The Coldest Arctic Outbreak In Decades

Dangerously cold temperatures are expected Sunday through Tuesday, with wind chills potentially plunging to -70 degrees.

One of the coldest Arctic outbreaks in 20 years is expected to plunge the Midwest into sub zero temperatures. The freezing cold will also spread to the east and south.

According to the Associated Press, the frigid temperatures are due to a “polar vortex.”

Winter is normally cold, but starting Sunday tundra-like temperatures are poised to deliver a rare and potentially dangerous sledgehammer blow to much of the Midwest, driving temperatures so far below zero that records will shatter.
    One reason? A “polar vortex,” as one meteorologist calls it, which will send cold air piled up at the North Pole down to the U.S., funneling it as far south as the Gulf Coast.
    Wind chills are predicted to hit 50, 60 or even 70 degrees below zero.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashr...ic-outbreak-in

I do not know about the -50 to -70 degree weather with the wind chill, but it looks like folks in the midwest should stay in the next couple of days.

Comment

I watch Montana weather during the winter (I have my reasons).

It's hit -30 or worse more then once. Sunday it will get that cold again. Eastern Montana that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hustler *LS View Post
        I watch Montana weather during the winter (I have my reasons).

It's hit -30 or worse more then once. Sunday it will get that cold again. Eastern Montana that is.
        Haha yeah I watch Wyoming weather here. I lived up there for a couple of years for work and got to know their brutal winters quite well. Mornings driving into the mountains to go to a gas plant when the actual temp was minus 25 with a windchill of negative 45...**** was cray, bro. Felt like I was in Siberia.

Comment

And they said global warming was real! HAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Luckily this won't affect me but I feel for those in the north mid-west.

Comment

Da fuck Niners win 12 games and have to face the Packers at Lambeau field.

Comment

That's cute.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

That's cute.
                  joe strong is probably walking backwards, uphill, on ice skates.

We need to stop bitching, bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    And they said global warming was real! HAHAHAHAHA
                    Global warming results in more extreme weather so this weather in the mid-west could be an indication of 'global warming'

Comment

Working...
                    X