Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pearl Harbour in relative terms was nothing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baya View Post
    go home, you're drunk and ornery.
    Not at all.

But I'm guilty of trying to get a real debate going on here instead of discussing "recent twerks", or "top 5 list of babes" etc...

Comment

I believe the best way to start an intelligent discussion and debate is by categorically anointing a nation as a "stupid country full of idiots and cowards."

Thought-provoking introduction imo.

Comment

So are you trying to tell me that life isn't fair?

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
          Not at all.

But I'm guilty of trying to get a real debate going on here instead of discussing "recent twerks", or "top 5 list of babes" etc...
          as a 'murican ... i find it hard to disagree with you.

the point you conveyed is one that isn't lost on me, the degree at which the rest of the world suffers from social injustice / terrorist attacks and just death on a more impressive scale dwarfs our own past sufferings.

however, out of respect to all the service men and women, disrespecting them upon return is not okay regardless of how wretched the mission. they're there to do a job and you know what happens if they don't - they're fuked. at the end of the day it is ALL about watching your brothers / sisters back.

it's a media thing and we ARE big man on campus so the world cares and hypes this type of thing when it happens to us. for my country, personally, everything i can within my rational power. also yeah, we also have those idiot mid-westerners (speaking in general terms) hating the rest of the world and thinking they're inherently better than the rest of the world doesn't help us on the world stage.

Comment

Some put that star wars its a trap gif. Anyways ashole keep trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
              I believe the best way to start an intelligent discussion and debate is by categorically anointing a nation as a "stupid country full of idiots and cowards."

Thought-provoking introduction imo.
              I actually agreed quite a bit until he had to call an entire country idiots and cowards.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                as a 'murican ... i find it hard to disagree with you.

the point you conveyed is one that isn't lost on me, the degree at which the rest of the world suffers from social injustice / terrorist attacks and just death on a more impressive scale dwarfs our own past sufferings.

however, out of respect to all the service men and women, disrespecting them upon return is not okay regardless of how wretched the mission. they're there to do a job and you know what happens if they don't - they're fuked. at the end of the day it is ALL about watching your brothers / sisters back.

it's a media thing and we ARE big man on campus so the world cares and hypes this type of thing when it happens to us. for my country, personally, everything i can within my rational power. also yeah, we also have those idiot mid-westerners (speaking in general terms) hating the rest of the world and thinking they're inherently better than the rest of the world doesn't help us on the world stage.
                Good post, thanks for actually using sense

But do you see my issue with the fact that "Nam" vets a retreated like heroes when in reality they were no different to the AlQaeda nowadays?

Can you treat someone as a hero for fighting an unjust war which had no purpose?

Is it a cop out to just shout "but they were a vet" regardless of the cause...?

(And yes I know the US soldiers over there weren't religious nutjobs and were largely forced to fight through conscription)

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
                  Good post, thanks for actually using sense

But do you see my issue with the fact that "Nam" vets a retreated like heroes when in reality they were no different to the AlQaeda nowadays?

Can you treat someone as a hero for fighting an unjust war which had no purpose?

Is it a cop out to just shout "but they were a vet" regardless of the cause...?

(And yes I know the US soldiers over there weren't religious nutjobs and were largely forced to fight through conscription)
                  Alot of our fathers (or grandparents) served in that war. What do you want us to do, spit on our Vietnam vets when we randomly run into them? It happened when they returned from the war by a bunch of liberal hippies. I refuse to do the same.

Comment

Comment

You got two guys kissing on your avatar. Gtfo ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X