Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This lady at my job reported me to my boss for giving away food.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir Trigger View Post
    Ok, so I talked to my boss and he's says my heart is in the right place but he wants me to stop boxing up the food to give away. He said that the kitchen lady is a betch and I should stop so she doesn't start any trouble with my department. From now on I will never do her any favors at work. She is now my enemy and I going to tell everyone in town what kind of monster she is.

this is how the workplace actually operates. that's how i expected it to go. your boss is not a computer. he's a man, baby.

well done, trig. you did what you were supposed to do.

it's a shame that the food will go to waste, but you didn't lose your job or make any trouble for yourself.

Comment

Ok, so I talked to my boss and he's says my heart is in the right place but he wants me to stop boxing up the food to give away. He said that the kitchen lady is a betch and I should stop so she doesn't start any trouble with my department. From now on I will never do her any favors at work. She is now my enemy and I going to tell everyone in town what kind of monster she is.
      You were lucky. I would advise against seeking revenge on her. If you really want to do something to help suggest a soup kitchen to your boss and let him know that you would be happy to take the food over there. If he says no, that's the end of it.

Originally posted by New England View Post
      generally i'd agree with you. if somebody snooped through the waste at the printing company i work with they'd be privy to most of our business. printing is an inherently wasteful process, and for every million labels that are successfully printed, several thousand will be thrown away. printing companies go out of their way to keep the business they do a secret from competitors. you'd know exactly what we were printing if you knew where to look, and what you were looking at. you'd have a lot of information about the company.
      I used to sell substrate to the printing industry. Lithography is the best because it wastes so much!

Digital printing sucks for people who sell substrate and ink.

Comment

Don't be childish bro, no need for that ^^^

Comment

I never thought I would actually be giving you praise trigger, but respect for what you've been doing, and that women is a ***** but don't let her get to you.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            You were lucky. I would advise against seeking revenge on her. If you really want to do something to help suggest a soup kitchen to your boss and let him know that you would be happy to take the food over there. If he says no, that's the end of it.

I used to sell substrate to the printing industry. Lithography is the best because it wastes so much!

Digital printing sucks for people who sell substrate and ink.

now we're f#Cking talking!
            a salesman and involved in printing?!?? we might as well be brothers.

sh#TTTT

we print flexographically. none of our presses are digital.

these are the labels we print most frequently. great looking label, if i do say so. if you've ever had olivia's organics, northeast fresh, or any of the generic brands (wegmans, etc,) the labels have been on a truck that i own. i'm honestly not sure if they sell to canada. it's produce, so i tend to doubt it, but i really don't know. many of our american posters have probably at least seen olivia's organics in their supermarkets.

we print mostly for food companies (shellfish and produce are two biggies locally,) as they need a quality label to get stuff off of shelves in a retail setting, and the packages are thrown away as soon as the food is consumed. nobody is keeping a clamshell package filled with lettuce in his fridge for more than a week.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
              Don't be childish bro, no need for that ^^^

rofl, i straight up didnt' read that part of the post. you're right, joe. sorry triggdogg. i almost always read the full posts before replying to them.

trigg, you gotta let this thing go immediately. nothing so petty is worth compromising your situation at work.

act like none of this ever happened.

Comment

Good on you Trigg, some people are just whiny little snitches and try and make themselves look good by running to their boss at every opportunity. Clearly, what you're doing is a good thing and the right thing to do.

Comment

It's sad that they would rather let food go to waste than see it given to needy people.

Comment

At the end of the school day all left over food must be thrown out into the garbage. Since I'm in charge of taking about the trash I box all the food up and give it away to a few homeless people I know. Today she caught me boxing up the food and I told her I was giving it away to the homeless. She said that I had no right to do that and I was stealing from the school and those homeless people deserve the schools food. I called her a cold hearted fool and she went straight to my bosses office. I can't wait to hear what my boss has to say.

You did a good thing givin that food to people who need it. A friend of ours, Johnny Sack...a guy who is accused of being apart of a certain Italian American sub culture could help us friendo. . .

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      Stealing garbage is still stealing. There's a right way and a wrong way to approach this, and if I was the employer I would look at the sneaking around as evidence of basic dishonesty. If he wanted to truly do the most good he could suggest donating the leftover food to a soup kitchen and offer to take it there himself.

Don't forget that he's telling us that he's giving food to "homeless people" that he knows. He could just be keeping it himself. He could be selling it. The boss is now going to have to take his word for it that he's acting in good faith, after he was clearly sneaking around and was caught by a coworker.
                      Originally posted by New England View Post
                      generally i'd agree with you. if somebody snooped through the waste at the printing company i work with they'd be privy to most of our business. printing is an inherently wasteful process, and for every million labels that are successfully printed, several thousand will be thrown away. printing companies go out of their way to keep the business they do a secret from competitors. you'd know exactly what we were printing if you knew where to look, and what you were looking at. you'd have a lot of information about the company.

this is different. he's a janitor "stealing" unused food from his own company, by the sound of it .

it doesn't appear as though he was "sneaking around." he's a nightime janitor. i'm guessing that he was tasked with throwing the stuff away, and kept it.

stealing a pen is stealing. printing out items for personal use is stealing (most offices will obviously let you do both.)
                      loafing off for five minutes (that should be spent working,) is stealing.

we've all done it. it is not going to get you fired.

there are degrees of infractions at work, and most won't get you fired, especially if you're hard to replace.

his boss will use his / her discretion. if you can determine that he's telling the truth about what he's been taking, and what his intentions are, it's almost certainly not something that will get him fired. the boss will also factor in trigger happy's value to the company / school, his history of discipline within the company, etc.

i'd be shocked if he's fired.

i don't think he's going to be allowed to continue this, though. i wouldn't let him continue to take the thrown away food. what if he give some bad food to a homeless person, and he gets sick? what if homeless people start hanging around the school for the food?
                      Originally posted by -Jay- View Post
                      Good on you Trigg, some people are just whiny little snitches and try and make themselves look good by running to their boss at every opportunity. Clearly, what you're doing is a good thing and the right thing to do.
                      Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      It's sad that they would rather let food go to waste than see it given to needy people.
                      trigg, instead of taking the food, you could wrap it up in plastic or put the box in the dumpster and tell the homeless people where it is, dumpster diving isn't stealing, and you can tell your boss, "i put the food in the garbage like you told me to."
                      what you did is really awesome, even though people who wear vibram five fingers are all douchebags

Comment

Working...
                      X