Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest United States President of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    LOL..no way, not from an American perspective.
    Well yes. From my European perspective.

I am aware of his 'reagagomics' BTW. But its of a lesser importance than the Berlin wall both from my vantage point and in a historical perspective. Reagan wasn't exactly popular among the western European population back then. He was perceived as a war horny actor, but history proced him right and history has been and will be kind to him and rightly so IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Well yes. From my European perspective.

I am aware of his 'reagagomics' BTW. But its of a lesser importance than the Berlin wall both from my vantage point and in a historical perspective. Reagan wasn't exactly popular among the western European population back then. He was perceived as a war horny actor, but history proced him right and history has been and will be kind to him and rightly so IMO.
      Again, I think Reagan gets a lot of credit for work that a long line of presidents did before him.

He cut taxes for the rich, and increased them on the middle class.

He also tripled the national debt.

He attacked the unions relentlessly.

He never addressed aids, which at that time was hitting the world scene for the first time.

He also sold weapons and lied about it to our enemies. Iran Contra scandal?

Savings and loan scandal

Raised taxes like 12 times if I remember correctly.

He also gave Iraq the chemical weapons that most think was later used against Iran. Some even say he helped to create Al-Qaeda because of his policies. He ran from confrontation in Libya...

I can go on if you would like. I mean he was a great speaker, great actor in the White House (obviously) and was a hero to conservatives, even though he wouldn't be considered very conservative now.

Basically, FUK Reagan

Comment

Again, I think Reagan gets a lot of credit for work that a long line of presidents did before him.

He never addressed aids, which at that time was hitting the world scene for the first time.

Savings and loan scandal

He also gave Iraq the chemical weapons that most think was later used against Iran. Some even say he helped to create Al-Qaeda because of his policies. He ran from confrontation in Libya...

I can go on if you would like. I mean he was a great speaker, great actor in the White House (obviously) and was a hero to conservatives, even though he wouldn't be considered very conservative now.

Basically, FUK Reagan
        Again. I look at it from a european perspective. What he did or didn't do on the domestic front is of lesser importance to me. I know that he (and Gorbachev) ensured the Fall of the iron curtain. That is one of the greatest political achievements in the 20th century.

Comment

Lincoln.

Big shout out to Andrew Jackson for beating the shit out of a would be assassin with his hickory stick.

Comment

lincoln is overrated.

he trampled on states rights and plunged the u.s. into a costly civil war.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Again. I look at it from a european perspective. What he did or didn't do on the domestic front is of lesser importance to me. I know that he (and Gorbachev) ensured the Fall of the iron curtain. That is one of the greatest political achievements in the 20th century.
              I respect your opinion, but I was living here in the U.S and felt the impact of Reaganomics.

It's kind of like the way Margaret Thatcher is seen. In England, she was hated by many because of her strict conservative policies. Outside of England, she was seen completely different.

I'm just saying that if you want to name the greatest American president, no offense but Reagan isn't the one factually. You would have to go with Lincoln for what he did, I mean you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation? Freeing the slaves?

Or even Thomas Jefferson who I think was a pure genius who along side Adams wrote the Declaration of Independence. He founded the university of Virginia, was an incredible horticulturists, but his greatest accomplishment was the fact he wanted a clear separation of church and state and even wrote the Jefferson Bible.

Where he took all the divinity out of the Bible. Oh and he also fuked mad black chicks and had babies with them..that in itself is awesome.

Comment

Savings and loan scandal

Basically, FUK Reagan
                you don't really know what you're talking about huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  you don't really know what you're talking about huh?
                  So he didn't do those things? Or your just going to rewrite history?

Are you even old enough to remember reagan?

Comment

I respect your opinion, but I was living here in the U.S and felt the impact
                    how old are you?

Comment

So he didn't do those things? Or your just going to rewrite history?

Are you even old enough to remember reagan?
                      describe iran-contra.

Comment

Working...
                      X