No announcement yet.

Childs mother delivers a left hook to a skateboarder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    the gifs and video clearly demonstrate that he's on a walkway.

i'm mostly joking about skateboarders being f#ggots, etc, but skiing 10X the activity of skateboarding, especially if you're good. i can't see how anybody who has done both can compare them.
    I wasn't really trying to compare them in that way but were you ever really good at skateboarding? Skateboarding is a workout man and it's really hard. If you're good enough to ollie well, do flip tricks and grind and board slide on shit, you're in for a sweaty workout.

I was more getting at the childish activity aspect that you were getting at. I love to ski and ski my ass off every winter but I don't really think it's really anymore noble or productive than skateboarding. I don't see how it's much different as far as hobbies go. I like to ski because I like going fast and having fun, launching off jumps, bombing through the woods and pounding through moguls. Not because I feel that it's more of a grown up activity than skating. Skaters like ollieing and grinding curbs and doing kickflips on sidewalks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
      I wasn't really trying to compare them in that way but were you ever really good at skateboarding? Skateboarding is a workout man and it's really hard. If you're good enough to ollie well, do flip tricks and grind and board slide on shit, you're in for a sweaty workout.

I was more getting at the childish activity aspect that you were getting at. I love to ski and ski my ass off every winter but I don't really think it's really anymore noble or productive than skateboarding. I don't see how it's much different as far as hobbies go. I like to ski because I like going fast and having fun, launching off jumps, bombing through the woods and pounding through moguls. Not because I feel that it's more of a grown up activity than skating. Skaters like ollieing and grinding curbs and doing kickflips on sidewalks.

i never could do any of the flip tricks consistently, but i was a very good athlete in my youth. i could ollie about waist high. i couldn't ride any handrails or anything, if that's what you're talking about.

i would not have called this guy "unproductive, childish, etc," if he didn't nail a toddler. that kid hit his head on concrete. you gotta be an adult and not contribute to that kind of collision. the way you go about that is by watching where you're going when you're skateboarding in a public park.

skiing is 10X the activity. a great skateboarder might be able to ride a handrail briefly and put some silly variation on how he grinds it. i understand that it's difficult, but that's extremely boring to me. who gives a f#ck? a great skier might as well be flying if he's in deep powder and a steep enough pitch. moguls are arguably the most brutal workout on the planet for your legs. racers go more than 90 mph. i easily hit 70 on my GS skis. when out west i chuck 20-30 foot cliffs. i've been in countless situations where a fall would likely result in my death. one activity is not on a balls-having / fun level like the other.

Comment

i never could do any of the flip tricks consistently, but i was a very good athlete in my youth. i could ollie about waist high. i couldn't ride any handrails or anything, if that's what you're talking about.

i would not have called this guy "unproductive, childish, etc," if he didn't nail a toddler. that kid hit his head on concrete. you gotta be an adult and not contribute to that kind of collision. the way you go about that is by watching where you're going when you're skateboarding in a public park.
        I'm not going to argue that he should have been watching where he was going, he should have. The dumb **** mother also should have been paying attention to her little kid.

Originally posted by New England View Post
        skiing is 10X the activity. a great skateboarder might be able to ride a handrail briefly and put some silly variation on how he grinds it. i understand that it's difficult, but that's extremely boring to me. who gives a f#ck?
        Different strokes man. I haven't skated in years but I used to have a blast doing it. It's fun as hell if you're good at it and there isn't all that wasted time spent waiting in lift lines and riding up the chairlift.

a great skier might as well be flying if he's in deep powder and a steep enough pitch. moguls are arguably the most brutal workout on the planet for your legs. racers go more than 90 mph. i easily hit 70 on my GS skis. when out west i chuck 20-30 foot cliffs.
        Preaching to the choir buddy. I can easily get up to 70 MPH myself. I have ski tracker on my phone that can confirm this. I've launched off some pretty nice cliffs myself out west, though not 30 footers. These are the reasons I love skiing.

i've been in countless situations where a fall would likely result in my death. one activity is not on a balls-having / fun level like the other.
        As have I but have you seen some of the shit these skateboarders are doing on halfpipes and big air jumps? It's crazy man. You've gotta start somewhere and extreme skateboarders have gigantic balls.

Comment

• Feck that she should of kept a better eye on her son. She had no right to hit that guy. I would of crack her over the head with that skateboard.
          Last edited by Trigger unhappy; 08-19-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I'm not going to argue that he should have been watching where he was going, he should have. The dumb **** mother also should have been paying attention to her little kid.

Different strokes man. I haven't skated in years but I used to have a blast doing it. It's fun as hell if you're good at it and there isn't all that wasted time spent waiting in lift lines and riding up the chairlift.

Preaching to the choir buddy. I can easily get up to 70 MPH myself. I have ski tracker on my phone that can confirm this. I've launched off some pretty nice cliffs myself out west, though not 30 footers. These are the reasons I love skiing.

As have I but have you seen some of the shit these skateboarders are doing on halfpipes and big air jumps? It's crazy man. You've gotta start somewhere and extreme skateboarders have gigantic balls.

i saw that competition briefly during the last x games. lots of the competitors were kids, or old men. kids and old men cannot compete with world class skiers, as it's on a different level athletically. they might have had a crosswind, but there were very few spectacular tricks landed. the amount of distance covered over the gap and the amplitude of the quarterpipe were the most remarkable aspects of the event, but nobody seemed to be landing anything off of the quarterpipe. lame sport if you're just launching to bail out on your knees, if you ask me.

you could cover that ramp with snow and cut some jumps and go crazy on skis. you can't say the same about most skiable terrain and a skateboard. you've got the right to think they're sports on the same level. i certainly do not. i consider typical skateboarding activities petty in comparison to a typical day of skiing, especially your standard "street skating."

what set of skis do you hit 70 on?

i am looking into some downhill racings skis this year. it's either that or a metal topsheet stockli. i buy a set of skis a year. my GS are only 170, and combine serious stability [and speed] on the top end with the ability to turn on a dime. i've never been passed on them. insane speed and handling on a sheet of ice. they cut and slash like pacquiao. i have no idea how long i'll go with downhill skis, as i've never even tried one, but they're going to be insanely fast.

Comment

• Give yourself a pat on the back Luigi .

Comment

i saw that competition briefly during the last x games. lots of the competitors were kids, or old men. kids and old men cannot compete with world class skiers, as it's on a different level athletically. they might have had a crosswind, but there were very few spectacular tricks landed. the amount of distance covered over the gap and the amplitude of the quarterpipe were the most remarkable aspects of the event, but nobody seemed to be landing anything off of the quarterpipe. lame sport if you're just launching to bail out on your knees, if you ask me.

you could cover that ramp with snow and cut some jumps and go crazy on skis. you can't say the same about most skiable terrain and a skateboard. you've got the right to think they're sports on the same level. i certainly do not. i consider typical skateboarding activities petty in comparison to a typical day of skiing, especially your standard "street skating."

what set of skis do you hit 70 on?

i am looking into some downhill racings skis this year. it's either that or a metal topsheet stockli. i buy a set of skis a year. my GS are only 170, and combine serious stability [and speed] on the top end with the ability to turn on a dime. i've never been passed on them. insane speed and handling on a sheet of ice. they cut and slash like pacquiao. i have no idea how long i'll go with downhill skis, as i've never even tried one, but they're going to be insanely fast.
                I'm not really disagreeing with you. I guess I just have a little more respect for the difficulty of skateboarding. There is a reason that I have continued to ski and I don't skate. I agree that a typical ski day is way more grueling than a typical street skater day. Especially if you're hiking at all. As I'm sure you know, hiking in ski boots with skis over your shoulder is an absolute bitch.

The BMX guys rip that big air comp up way more than the skaters do but it's harder to land on a skateboard.

I can hit 70 on my fat ass peace pipes if I tuck down a steep ass groomer! LOL. I don't buy a pair each year like you do and mostly ski on the peace pipes but I have an older pair of racing skis, Head Monsters. They are stiff and fast as hell. After this year, I'll probably get a new pair but the peace pipes have served me well.

Comment

• If we're talking about fault here then its the kids fault for running into the skater. The video shows the skater going in a straight line and at 4 seconds of video he's in the process of making a stunt with his board and mid air the kid collides with the skater. The video shows the kid running into the skater diagonally. To bad this happened but tough lesson to learn for everyone involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by bose View Post
                    If we're talking about fault here then its the kids fault for running into the skater. The video shows the skater going in a straight line and at 4 seconds of video he's in the process of making a stunt with his board and mid air the kid collides with the skater. The video shows the kid running into the skater diagonally. To bad this happened but tough lesson to learn for everyone involved.
                    both are travelling in "straight lines." a "diagonal line" is a straight line, and that's how both are traveling. you're merely watching the skateboarder. it's a public park, and both have the right to space. both have the right to move in "straight lines." one is a child, the other a grown man on a skateboard.

the kid's fault? what? a kid that age isn't at fault for anything. at that age they don't have the capacity to understand enough of the world around them and stay safe. that's where adults come in.

have you ever been around a kid that age? they will run in front of stuff much more dangerous than adult skateboarders. the skateboarder has to watch where he's going, and the mother has to watch her kids. end of.

it's not the f#cking toddler's fault, rofl.

"f#ck that toddler, man. that's what you get for messing up nigel's line!"

Comment

I'm not really disagreeing with you. I guess I just have a little more respect for the difficulty of skateboarding. There is a reason that I have continued to ski and I don't skate. I agree that a typical ski day is way more grueling than a typical street skater day. Especially if you're hiking at all. As I'm sure you know, hiking in ski boots with skis over your shoulder is an absolute bitch.

The BMX guys rip that big air comp up way more than the skaters do but it's harder to land on a skateboard.

I can hit 70 on my fat ass peace pipes if I tuck down a steep ass groomer! LOL. I don't buy a pair each year like you do and mostly ski on the peace pipes but I have an older pair of racing skis, Head Monsters. They are stiff and fast as hell. After this year, I'll probably get a new pair but the peace pipes have served me well.

what length are your heads? they're probably not much different from modern race skis. race technology is moving at a snail's pace compared to recreational and powder skis.

no ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X