Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why kobe didnt win finals mvp back in 2000, 2001 and 2002?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    kobe got 2 finals mvp 09 and 10.

as far as mvp media didn't like him at the time, they're the ones who vote. plus the rape case hurt too.

he didn't get bj's from media til 5th title.
    Oh damn, I forgot about that. My bad. Maybe I forgot because Kobe didn't even play all that great in one of those, it was really just no one else to give it to if I remember.

Comment

I love when people act like Kobe was just along for the ride. It's like not giving Kareem credit for his titles in the 80's because he played with Magic. It's dumb.

Comment

i never said shaq shouldn't have gotten finals mvp.

just pointing out a lot of times kobe was carrying them in west playoffs.

kobe playoff stats 2000-2002 titles

2000 - 21 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg

OK sidekick. damn good sidekick at worst.

2001 - 30 ppg, 7 rpg, 6 apg
        2002 - 27 ppg, 6 rpg, 5 apg

take those number out and the 3peat becomes a single title

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
          In their Portland, San Antonio, Sacramento run Shaq was still the more efficient player. His +/- numbers were better than those of Kobe. The ball was still going through Shaq late in games first until the hack-a-shaq came about in around 99-00.
          We can thank Don Nelson for that but to say this wasn't Shaq's team during the 3-peat is comical.

This limited Shaq's touches at the end of games by a big majority. Add whatever number you want or don't. But Shaq was the man LA til he and his injuries became more noticeable. When he started coming into training camp over weight and had his toe problems that would keep him out of a lot of regular season games.

Even with that, Shaq was still top 3 in player efficiency ratings. he didn't fall out of the top 5 till he went to Miami. And he was#1 for 5 seasons in a row in LA. LA was Shaq's squad.
          yeah.... i'm only been a lakers fan for 20+ years and lived in l.a. my whole life.

thank you for informing me who was the man on my team.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            I love when people act like Kobe was just along for the ride. It's like not giving Kareem credit for his titles in the 80's because he played with Magic. It's dumb.
            kobe and shaq was suppose to be like magic and kareem.

the young guard supports the older big man first then takes over later years.

kobe accepted his role, shaq didn't. but it's kobe's fault?

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              take those number out and the 3peat becomes a single title
              if shaq was so dominant... why did he have to wait for kobe to get older/better to win one in l.a.?

he had all star perimeter players from the start. nick van exel, eddie jones, rick fox, etc.

ask them that, mr. pau gasol #1 fan.

Comment

yeah.... i'm only been a lakers fan for 20+ years and lived in l.a. my whole life.

thank you for informing me who was the man on my team.
                No problem, I was in the antelope valley from 97-04. Went back to sylmar from 08-11 but hey, I'll let you be the only knowledgeable one with all things Lakers, your majesty

Comment

ONe reason-Shaq.

Comment

if shaq was so dominant... why did he have to wait for kobe to get older/better to win one in l.a.?

he had all star perimeter players from the start. nick van exel, eddie jones, rick fox, etc.

ask them that, mr. pau gasol #1 fan.

they wont reply to my 'amnesty the softy' emails...****ing jim buss

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                      No problem, I was in the antelope valley from 97-04. Went back to sylmar from 08-11 but hey, I'll let you be the only knowledgeable one with all things Lakers, your majesty

ahem....i'm the authority on Laker matters...Tua is my substitute when im busy in NSB

Comment

Working...
                      X