Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with (rich) black people always wearing gold chains?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That silver my n**ga... please don't pass that shyt to me!

Comment

I used to wear a 5mm thick platinum rope chain that was 36" long with a silver (rhodium plated) gun pendant. Only wore it because I thought it was badass. I've got black in me but everyone thinks I look Mexican so I guess rosary beads with the cross will do lol

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
        I am not black and I am not american. I am from europe and I follow boxing and I also listen to rap music since over a decade. And I just noticed that I see so many black guys with gold chains and rings and stuff like that, and I never really quite understood it. Can somebody (black people) explain that to me? Is it to show that you are rich?
        Because for me and people in europe in general it is considered somewhat "unmanly" if a man wears jewellery.
        I don't want to diss anybody, I just want to understand it.

Thanks

It's not exclusively a black thing. Ostentatious displays of wealth tend to be related to class. A lower class individual who finds his way into money is more likely to display it in a crass manner such as by wearing garish jewelry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          Yeah because you never see Italians or ricans or Mexicans or east coast irish do that ever huh?

Damn I need to travel more often, I've never seen an Italian or a Rican, in person that is.

Comment

Originally posted by verstyle View Post
            that silver my n**ga... Please don't pass that shyt to me!
            james!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
              Damn I need to travel more often, I've never seen an Italian or a Rican, in person that is.
              In texas maybe lol.

Comment

Since the price of gold has increased I hardly see anybody wearing it anymore.

Only time I really see anyone wearing gold is fat, white middle-aged guys in the pub (darts players)

Before the increase you'd see loads of chavs wearing tinny rubbish from Argos, lot of old ladies with Sovereign pendants hanging from long thin rope chains. Loads of Indians wearing Indian gold etc

These days I never see it. Will have to presume everyones weighed theirs in with the credit crunch going on or has hid it away for future investment purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Since the price of gold has increased I hardly see anybody wearing it anymore.

Only time I really see anyone wearing gold is fat, white middle-aged guys in the pub (darts players)

Before the increase you'd see loads of chavs wearing tinny rubbish from Argos, lot of old ladies with Sovereign pendants hanging from long thin rope chains. Loads of Indians wearing Indian gold etc

These days I never see it. Will have to presume everyones weighed theirs in with the credit crunch going on or has hid it away for future investment purposes.
                  still got a good gold chain. only wear my silver chain out though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                    still got a good gold chain. only wear my silver chain out though.

You want to hold onto it, if anything it will only go up more, good investment.

I don't half wish I still had some gold laying around, got rid years ago just before the prices went crazy

Comment

Around 6-8 years back it was worth £2 a gram scrap and you could get it from pawnbrokers and such for a little bit more. Its now worth over £10 a gram 9c or U.S equivalent 10k.

I remember in Cash Converters you'd be able to get Queen Vic half sovereigns (in mounts) for as little as £40, the coin alone is now worth treble that if not more.

Its worth holding onto these things. Throw your old gadgets & stuff in the attic or something as you never know what they maybe worth in years to come. People just throw stuff straight out & buy a new one these days, that is why they get scarce & go up in value.

Comment

Working...
                      X