No announcement yet.

It's been 1 year since that Thug want to be superhero killed Treyvon Martin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    That's exactly what I'm saying, some incidents get more attention than others for various reasons. I'm not saying that's right, but it's just the way human beings work. Some events strike them as more significant than others.

The shooting of Treyvon Martin was significant for two reasons.

One was that a kid was followed, challenged, and shot dead by another guy mainly because he was black in the wrong neighbourhood, and GZ was largely prompted to act as he did because of this fact. So a killing where race seems to have been a factor is something that people pay attention to, especially in a country like the USA where race killings are part of its very recent history.

The second reason it drew attention was because Zimmerman, after having shot dead a kid that he confronted, was released without charge. For most of the civilized world, that's pretty damn shocking. And it reinforced a certain perception people have about the relative value of different lives in the American justice system.
    Is that bad though? That certain cases draw more attention? In the case of Pistorious, we gain nothing from it and the only reason that it gets attention is because he's famous.

In the case of Travon Martin, it does teach us something about ourselves and the society in which we live. That in 2012-13, with a black president and the progress we have made, there are still incidents like this where race is the primary reason for a death that SHOULD NOT have occurred.

Unfortunately I think GZ is going to get off. I have a really bad feeling about it and it will get ugly if he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Is that bad though? That certain cases draw more attention? In the case of Pistorious, we gain nothing from it and the only reason that it gets attention is because he's famous.

In the case of Travon Martin, it does teach us something about ourselves and the society in which we live. That in 2012-13, with a black president and the progress we have made, there are still incidents like this where race is the primary reason for a death that SHOULD NOT have occurred.

Unfortunately I think GZ is going to get off. I have a really bad feeling about it and it will get ugly if he does.
      Is there law against disobeying a dispatch officer? He was told not to persuit and he didn't listen. He should get charged for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
        Is there law against disobeying a dispatch officer? He was told not to persuit and he didn't listen. He should get charged for that.
        No, there's no law there but just the law of common sense. If you look at GZ past, you will see he tried to become a cop and failed. Then he became a rent a cop and was on a power trip patrolling the neighborhood.

I don't think his intentions right off the bat was to kill the kid, but him following with a loaded gun when he was told not to, directly resulted in the death of TM.

More sad than anything else.

Comment

No, there's no law there but just the law of common sense. If you look at GZ past, you will see he tried to become a cop and failed. Then he became a rent a cop and was on a power trip patrolling the neighborhood.

I don't think his intentions right off the bat was to kill the kid, but him following with a loaded gun when he was told not to, directly resulted in the death of TM.

Pretty much what happened. He doesn't pursuit all of these doesn't happen. IMO

Comment

Some of the posters on here blow my mind. A dude goes and confronts a kid who was minding his own business with a loaded gun, and they think it's okay that he killed the kid because there is a possibility that the kid resisted against whatever GZ was trying to do? For real??

If someone pulled a gun on them for no reason, would they feel the same way if they were gunned down for trying to take the gun away? "I deserved it, I shouldn't have resisted!"

****ing unreal man.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Some of the posters on here blow my mind. A dude goes and confronts a kid who was minding his own business with a loaded gun, and they think it's okay that he killed the kid because there is a possibility that the kid resisted against whatever GZ was trying to do? For real??

If someone pulled a gun on them for no reason, would they feel the same way if they were gunned down for trying to take the gun away? "I deserved it, I shouldn't have resisted!"

****ing unreal man.
              Most of the BS posters are ******ed and severely brain damaged. I starting to think that some of them get takes too much shots to the head from boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

****ing unreal man.
                Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
                Most of the BS posters are ******ed and severely brain damaged. I starting to think that some of them get takes too much shots to the head from boxing.
                It's not that, they are just trolls and say what is completely contrary to what everyone is thinking. Jack lived off of that, he would argue for one point, then in another thread argue for exactly the opposite...lol

I just ignore kids like that.

Even if TM did assault GZ, when did the penalty for fighting someone become death?

Comment

If GZ gets acquitted (which he shouldn't be in my opinion), he'd better change his name, alter his appearance and move somewhere that has very few blacks.

Because there will be more angry black people than that time I went to Red Lobster and was told by the hostess that there was a one hour and 45 minute wait to be seated.

WHOOOOAAAA!!!

Seriously though, someone will be looking to kill him.

Comment

Trayvon Probably deserved it. He was known to act like a thug.

& only reason this is a story is because he was black. If he was anything else this wouldn't even be a story or even if it was it would be on a much lesser scale.

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
                      Trayvon Probably deserved it. He was known to act like a thug.

& only reason this is a story is because he was black. If he was anything else this wouldn't even be a story or even if it was it would be on a much lesser scale.
                      If the victim's name was Habib Apu-Tandoori Mustaffa Alibaba you wouldn't be saying that.

Comment

Working...
                      X