Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a Black Hole and why do they exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

general relativity and quantum mechanics are simply beyond me...

Comment

Black Holes are also not just a random hole or circle shape..

But are shaped like so

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        it was my pleasure! I'm constantly blown away by how much more interesting reality is than any myth. It wasn't long ago that I found out how stars actually work. I mean I knew it was nuclear fusion but I never thought about the process involved. It may as well have been magic. But then I found out that atoms were being fused together by gravity and that just blew my mind!
        You mean the atoms that Jesus put there?

Comment

You sucked one in jail.

Comment

A black hole is a massive star that has burned off all of its helium and collapses under the force of its own gravity.

Here's something more interesting: What is a star?

A star is born from the accretion of hydrogen. In the beginning (heh heh) the hydrogen left over from the Big Bang gathered in "clumps" and because all matter has gravity and gravity is always "on" these clumps then attracted proportionately more hydrogen atoms to themselves. Under the force of gravity they gradually gather sufficient mass to collapse into a sphere (because they're spinning they're actually obliate spheroids, but I digress) and gather yet more mass. Eventually they become so massive that they begin nuclear fusion at their core.

That's what stars are, giant nuclear fusion reactors converting hydrogen into helium under the force of their own gravity. Eventually when all the hydrogen runs out the force of gravity overcomes the energy released in the fusion reaction and the star will collapse until it starts another fusion reaction turning helium into lithium, barium and carbon. At this point when the fuel runs out and the star collapses what happens depends on the mass of the star. A star of a particularly high mass (a massive star) will form a black hole, a singularity of infinite density with such strong gravity that even light cannot escape its density. A less massive star may become a relatively cool white dwarf star (they're white because they are very hot as the energy left from their billions of years of nuclear fusion gradually leaks out into space) but the bigger ones will collapse violently resulting in another set of fusion reactions and a massive explosion sending heavy elements such as iron and oxygen into space. Those heavy elements can't exist without supernova explosions so we owe our existence to exploding stars. As Carl Sagan was fond of saying, "We are all made of star stuff". Or star poo.

Black holes can also be formed by fast collisions as well as the intensity of the collision overcomes the internal pressure of the objects causing them to collapse under their own gravity. But unless the objects in collision are big enough these black holes will simply dissipate.

Tiny black holes have been created in particle accelerators.
            No they haven't. They are a theoretical possibility that is all. You sound like will ferrel in anchorman describing San Diego

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...nQK4AcGJ6QVgBw
            Last edited by I Love Jesus!; 02-15-2013, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
              No they haven't. They are a theoretical possibility that is all. You sound like will ferrel in anchorman describing San Diego

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...nQK4AcGJ6QVgBw
              My mistake.

Not sure what you mean about Anchorman.

Comment

My mistake.

Not sure what you mean about Anchorman.
                In a very hilarious scene, Will Ferrell educates Christina Applegate about their lovely city, which he explains is named after a "whale's vagina" in German.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
                  In a very hilarious scene, Will Ferrell educates Christina Applegate about their lovely city, which he explains is named after a "whale's vagina" in German.
                  Whales' vaginas are made of star stuff.

Comment

After you cum if you squeeze your shaft towards the direction of your dong hole a few drops of semen come out. It reminds me of Military Reservists who are on stand by to go to war but never actually make it there unless some event forces them out to fight...I believe that both LarryX and Squealpiggy were both each conceived with this back up and honorless sperm

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
                      After you cum if you squeeze your shaft towards the direction of your dong hole a few drops of semen come out. It reminds me of Military Reservists who are on stand by to go to war but never actually make it there unless some event forces them out to fight...I believe that both LarryX and Squealpiggy were both each conceived with this back up and honorless sperm
                      are as useless in your real life?

Comment

Working...
                      X