Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion vs Science How does it all add up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly_UG

Violence is a consequence of free will.

And is life's defining attribute. In a universe of order and perfection, free will can't exist. Perfection is a slave to itself, never changing never feeling, never learning.

One entity cannot exist without an opposing force. Dark, light, hope,fear etc.

The very world that we live in is by nature chaotic, but if chaos was all there is, then everything would fall apart. There is an order keeping balance in the chaos.

An order nobody can explain, but is enough to believe in.
    Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

the problem is that physics shows that the chaos is winning. So if the order cannot be the reason to believe because if god is good and he created this order, why is he losing the battle of order.

The universe is expanding, it's literally falling apart. Galaxies are colliding, stars are dying, black holes are swallowing up millions of planets...

I mean, we live in a tiny, insignificant corner of the universe where if we were to disappear tomorrow, nobody would care or even know we were gone.
    Opposing forces don't battle each other, they exist in balance. How exactly does physics show chaos is "winning" ? elaborate please

The universe isn't dying, it's evolving. For anything to exist it has to change, it has to keep moving. Stagnation is death. This is true from the smallest scale to the largest.

Stars die, stars are born that's part of the cycle. Giant stars become black holes that swallow matter and white holes release matter and massive gas structures light years in length form new stars.

colliding galaxies happen but they are rare, because the universe is expanding away from the central point of the big bang.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-15-2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
      Violence is a consequence of free will.

And is life's defining attribute. In a universe of order and perfection, free will can't exist. Perfection is a slave to itself, never changing never feeling, never learning.

One entity cannot exist without an opposing force. Dark, light, hope,fear etc.

The very world that we live in is by nature chaotic, but if chaos was all there is, then everything would fall apart. There is an order keeping balance in the chaos.

An order nobody can explain, but is enough to believe in.

Me confused.

You have argued that the universe shows order and have made statements questioning our notion of perfect or imperfection. Which i took as you saying we cannot say the universe isnt perfect, because thats just by our standards.

Now you say freewill cannot exist in a perfect ordered universe? Yet violence is a consequence of freewill?

You lost me.

All i said was, the fact humans worship a god, doesnt mean we were programmed to do so by a god.
      Like wanting a girl with 3 t1ts doesnt mean a girl like that exists. (no one bring up Total Recall).

Comment

Opposing forces don't battle each other, they exist in balance. How exactly does physics show chaos is "winning" ? elaborate please

The universe isn't dying, it's evolving. For anything to exist it has to change, it has to keep moving. Stagnation is death. This is true from the smallest scale to the largest.

Stars die, stars are born that's part of the cycle. Giant stars become black holes and massive gas structures light years in length form new stars.

colliding galaxies happen but they are rare, because the universe is expanding away from the central point of the big bang.

You just made my point. The universe is expanding, it's "falling apart" so to speak. We are dying, it's everywhere. The planet, our sun, our bodies, our solar system everything we see is coming to an end.

All physicists agree that the universe is dying. So since that is no doubt the case, how can you use order as proof of god or a creator? Did he design something so fragile? Something that will inevitably fall apart?

Look, we can debate forever, but I'm not into hypotheticals. I'm into reality, so show me proof of this creator and I will believe. I will also attend the ceremony when they give you the Nobel prize.

Comment

Stars die, stars are born that's part of the cycle. Giant stars become black holes that swallow matter and white holes release matter and massive gas structures light years in length form new stars.

There is no central point of the big bang. Its just expanding.

And all the stars will one day die out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud View Post
            There is no central point of the big bang. Its just expanding.

And all the stars will one day die out.
            The big bang is the central point.........

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              You're just attributing a creator to natural observed existence. Like i said before, if you create a god that is all powerful, you can attribute any possible thing to him
              Other way around, but yes. And this rustles peoples jimmies to no end. If a creator exists, it is what it is. Dont mean to give people nightmares or anything.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              Worse than that, he doesn't even see his circular argument based on a hypothetical. He's saying IF god exists, this would be evidence of him.

I mean, I don't even know where to start with that. He can't define god, uses some order in the universe as proof his POSSIBLE existence and deals only in the hypothetical.
              No...thats not what im saying

And yes, this argument is just intellectual masturbation, as we dont even know if a creator exists. Besides that everything has been said on page one. We're just going around in circles now.
              Last edited by ~AK49~; 02-15-2013, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Me confused.

You have argued that the universe shows order and have made statements questioning our notion of perfect or imperfection. Which i took as you saying we cannot say the universe isnt perfect, because thats just by our standards.

Now you say freewill cannot exist in a perfect ordered universe? Yet violence is a consequence of freewill?

You lost me.

All i said was, the fact humans worship a god, doesnt mean we were programmed to do so by a god.
                Like wanting a girl with 3 t1ts doesnt mean a girl like that exists. (no one bring up Total Recall).
                The universe exists both in order and chaos. One can't exists without the other. Opposing forces exist in balance with each other.

If the world was perfect there would be no free will

If the world was pure chaos, everything would fall apart. We wouldn't be alive right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  You just made my point. The universe is expanding, it's "falling apart" so to speak. We are dying, it's everywhere. The planet, our sun, our bodies, our solar system everything we see is coming to an end.

All physicists agree that the universe is dying. So since that is no doubt the case, how can you use order as proof of god or a creator? Did he design something so fragile? Something that will inevitably fall apart?

Look, we can debate forever, but I'm not into hypotheticals. I'm into reality, so show me proof of this creator and I will believe. I will also attend the ceremony when they give you the Nobel prize.
                  The universe is not dying. I'm also waiting for your proof from physics and physicists.

Comment

Maybe you should have more faith

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x96...it-s-real_sexy

Comment

lol green k for the triple t1ts.
                      But there is no reason to think that because we yearn for something, it therefore exists.
                      (like a girl with 3 thousands vaginas!)
                      The big bang is the central point.........
                      The big bang happened everywhere. There is no central point.
                      http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physic...GR/centre.html

The universe exists both in order and chaos. One can't exists without the other. Opposing forces exist in balance with each other.

If the world was perfect there would be no free will

If the world was pure chaos, everything would fall apart. We wouldn't be alive right now.
                      So you're saying the universe isnt perfect. But it had a creator?

Not sure how that relates to what i said about humans and violence.
                      Last edited by Mud; 02-15-2013, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X