Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion vs Science How does it all add up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
    Violence is a consequence of free will.

And is life's defining attribute. In a universe of order and perfection, free will can't exist. Perfection is a slave to itself, never changing never feeling, never learning.

One entity cannot exist without an opposing force. Dark, light, hope,fear etc.

The very world that we live in is by nature chaotic, but if chaos was all there is, then everything would fall apart. There is an order keeping balance in the chaos.

An order nobody can explain, but is enough to believe in.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    So your evidence for god is order and yet when the inherent chaos of reality is pointed out in contradiction to your claim of order then your evidence for god is chaos and order together?

Take a step back: Does it not look exactly like you have already decided on an outcome and are playing with post-hoc rationalisations to make it so?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy
      Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly_UG

And is life's defining attribute. In a universe of order and perfection, free will can't exist. Perfection is a slave to itself, never changing never feeling, never learning.

The very world that we live in is by nature chaotic, but if chaos was all there is, then everything would fall apart. There is an order keeping balance in the chaos.

So your evidence for god is order and yet when the inherent chaos of reality is pointed out in contradiction to your claim of order then your evidence for god is chaos and order together?

Take a step back: Does it not look exactly like you have already decided on an outcome and are playing with post-hoc rationalisations to make it so?
      All I'm saying is nothing can exist without an opposing force, because that's what gives it its definition.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        If theres was a creator, then he would have created the earth/universe like it is because thats how the earth/universe is
        Thank you. Under this pretense, the natural laws/rules/math/ratios/etc that we observe in nature and the universe, would be evidence to the methods by which he created.

Comment

All I'm saying is nothing can exist without an opposing force, because that's what gives it its definition.

All you're saying is that you have decided on your conclusion and are going to insist that any information of which you were previously unaware will be co-opted into your delusion.

If it were suddenly revealed to you that the moon was made of cheese you would be telling us that this was proof that the creator needed something to eat with his space crackers.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
            Thank you. Under this pretense, the natural laws/rules/math/ratios/etc that we observe in nature and the universe, would be evidence to the methods by which he created.
            Yea, i just paraphrased what you said, it makes no sense tho

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy
              Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly_UG

All you're saying is that you have decided on your conclusion and are going to insist that any information of which you were previously unaware will be co-opted into your delusion.

If it were suddenly revealed to you that the moon was made of cheese you would be telling us that this was proof that the creator needed something to eat with his space crackers.
              no that's what you're saying.

it's already clear you don't know what I'm saying lol

Comment

Yea, i just paraphrased what you said, it makes no sense tho
                What doesnt make sense? If god exists, that is what it is.

Comment

the problem is that physics shows that the chaos is winning. So if the order cannot be the reason to believe because if god is good and he created this order, why is he losing the battle of order.

The universe is expanding, it's literally falling apart. Galaxies are colliding, stars are dying, black holes are swallowing up millions of planets...

I mean, we live in a tiny, insignificant corner of the universe where if we were to disappear tomorrow, nobody would care or even know we were gone.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                    What doesnt make sense? If god exists, that is what it is.
                    You're just attributing a creator to natural observed existence. Like i said before, if you create a god that is all powerful, you can attribute any possible thing to him

Comment

You're just attributing a creator to natural observed existence. Like i said before, if you create a god that is all powerful, you can attribute any possible thing to him
                      Worse than that, he doesn't even see his circular argument based on a hypothetical. He's saying IF god exists, this would be evidence of him.

I mean, I don't even know where to start with that. He can't define god, uses some order in the universe as proof his POSSIBLE existence and deals only in the hypothetical.

Funny how the destructive forces in the universe isn't proof against a god or creator.

Comment

Working...
                      X