No announcement yet.

Are you afraid of death?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GUMBIE View Post
    If you don't fear death what is stopping you topping yourself?
    Maybe not wanting to die? Because someone doesn't fear it, doesn't mean they want it.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      If that's what helps you sleep at night...
      It's hard to let go of your materialistic possessions.

What do you think we are? Everything we perceive in life are only electrical signals in the brain.

Comment

Originally posted by GUMBIE View Post
        Fearing death is what makes you feel alive.
        Living is what makes you feel alive. People who fear death die prematurely. People who look forward towards the future live long lives.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          woah!

how deep was the lake?
          I'm not sure but the reason the whole truck didn't fall in was because a tree branch got wedged on the side of the box

I was spotted by two old men that eventually got help for me when I saw them I was so happy that I told them I was willing to jump in the lake and swim to them and they told me not to cause out was too deep and extremely cold

I'm just cutting the story short but its a long story, I'm not ashamed to say that night I cried cause I truly believed I was gonna die

Comment

im more afraid of shltting my pants

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
              It's hard to let go of your materialistic possessions.

What do you think we are? Everything we perceive in life are only electrical signals in the brain.
              You don't make any sense.

You're describing the process of how we perceive something, which isn't relevant to existing after death as we cannot perceive anything. Stop with the riddles and non sense.

Comment

I thought I was going to die once. I was choking on a piece of pizza then suddenly I could breathe. My mum said I had just burnt my throat.

Comment

Living is what makes you feel alive. People who fear death die prematurely. People who look forward towards the future live long lives.

If you've ever done anything remotely dangerous then you would understand.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    You don't make any sense.

You're describing the process of how we perceive something, which isn't relevant to existing after death as we cannot perceive anything. Stop with the riddles and non sense.
                    Do you think we are our bodies? or a separate conciousness.

Energy cannot be destroyed it can only be changed from one form to another.

Comment

Do you think we are our bodies? or a separate conciousness.

Energy cannot be destroyed it can only be changed from one form to another.
                      Someone's been watching Brian Cox.

We are our conscience, our bodies are but a machine. We have the ability to question and appreciate art, ponder our existence etc which separates us from other animals.

This doesn't mean we're inhabited by something like a soul and can exist after death or our body is merely a vessel for such an entity. Our ability to ask these questions and understand so much is powered by energy from the food we consume. Once we are physically dead, the brain no longer has any power and dies too.

Certain things are obviously hard-wired into our body like fearing death, although this can be overcome with our superior intelligence. But not without an experience that changes this perception, merely saying one doesn't fear death is easy until you're close to it or via another experience.

You're still talking in riddles, can we not keep on the same subject without you addressing me with a vague answer then proposing an irrelevant question?

Comment

Working...
                      X