Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can people be so loyal/obsessed with a particular company?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple fanboys annoy me.

Comment

Loyal to pepsi. I think I would be more open to apple if their fanboys werent so douchey.

Comment

If the product's reliable and high quality, I kind of understand. Not the length some people go though.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          Why do people have such an emotional connection with a brand or particular company, such as Apple, Windows, iPhone, Android, Coke, Pepsi, etc.?

I guess product advertising must effect the brain of certain individuals in an extreme way?

I never quite understood this. I mean, I may like a certain product over another one but it's because for whatever it works better for me, not because I'm a fanboy of the brand or whatever.

Thoughts?
          I've been wondering that for the longest. I see so many people say ludicrous stuff like "as long as Apple keep putting out products, I'm going to continue buying the latest version." Companies love idiots like that.

Comment

I don't have any emotional ties with a brand but I will stick with a brand if they're consistent in the quality of their products. It shouldn't be a surprise if consumers become loyal to a brand if the company always delivers what their customers expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
              Jordan (Nike) is the only brand that owns me.
              One of the dumber things to have blind loyalty to.

(this is coming from a guy that owns several pairs)

The hypebeasts ruined the sneaker culture. Waiting for days in a line for a pair of over-priced shoes with declining quality? No thanks.

Comment

For real. Sneakers cost like $200, made in China for dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  For real. Sneakers cost like $200, made in China for dirt.
                  I know too many people that buy every pair that comes out but they just stay in the box. Like I said, I own a couple pairs of only the ones I really like but I wear the **** out of my shoes. Now I just rock a pair of Roshe Runs. Most comfortable pair of shoes ever and only $70.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                    Because if you're a big corporation, you will put every cent you can spare into trying to override pragmatism and instead become one of your fans, even though they really have no interest in you. Just your money.

They have so many tools to achieve this with, and they even hire psychologists to think up more.

Of course, some people seem to manage to live vicariously through corporations. People I can understand, but corporations?

I guess on an instinctual level, they can be considered a tribe. Just a weird side-effect of humans advancing beyond what nature can prepare you for.
                    Originally posted by One_Capitalist View Post
                    All this fanboyism/consumerism....I really hope these fanboys are proponents of Free Market Capitalism. And not the whiners who cry about greedy corporations after consuming everything they make.

one of the great ironies of north america is the biggest whiners about global warming / fuel consumption are the same tree huggers who ***** at all of us but refuse to reduce their consumption habits, they won't bike to work or stop flying to hawaii but expect me to make the sacrifices for them

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                      I know too many people that buy every pair that comes out but they just stay in the box. Like I said, I own a couple pairs of only the ones I really like but I wear the **** out of my shoes. Now I just rock a pair of Roshe Runs. Most comfortable pair of shoes ever and only $70.
                      A lot of people collect things. I use to buy Zippo lighters and knives, I am not going to use many, but that's just how it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X