No announcement yet.

God does not exist: true or false?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    [B]Better explained by naturalistic processes.

And there are a lot of them. Except that most of them think that you are going to hell for attesting to know the wrong god. And you think that about the rest of them.

That gnawing is a symptom of schizophrenia.
    yeah keep trying to convince yourself

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
      What does this even mean? Is that an attempt at debate?

Comment

• Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
        What does this even mean? Is that an attempt at debate?
        I think he means "im happier believing bullsh.it and i wish everyone else would to"

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
          Davis40 told me that unbelievers are going to burn in hell. I said "You're entitled to your opinion but I ordered a Big Mac."

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            The part that isn't the result of the magical whims of a capricious phantasm.
            I live in the same reality as you, we are both governed by the same laws. I like billions of others on this world believe in God. For you to say something as pompous as me living in a fantasy reality because of that belief showcases an arrogant attitude of superiority. I have my reasons to believe in what I do and I am wholly convinced in my belief. Don't you think you should reserve yourself in what you say just in the slightest chance you are wrong about the afterlife?

Also, dont think I do not know where you are coming from, the stories of the bible if told by just some regular joe shmoe would absolutely sound off the wall, but we are talking about God here, and if I am going to believe in God I am going to have to accept the fact that he can make the impossible possible.

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but it is God's power to us who are being saved." (1 Corinthians 1:18)

Comment

• I Wasn't sure if he exists, until i saw my daughter's eyes for the first time, I believe in him

Comment

• Nobody can prove if God exist or not. Atheists can say there's lack of evidence, but does Science already discovered everything? Who knows what discoveries will have in the future.

God or no God, what matters is our belief make us good citizens in this world. I, thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud View Post
                  So you believe God causes earthquakes and tsunami's and famines etc to punish the wicked?
                  That is, God is killing hundreds of thousands of innocent women and children, the elderly, handicapped, in the most horrific ways to punish other sinful people? And he is a loving perfect God??
                  Where is your proof that the people you listed were innocent? In whose eyes, and by what standard? By your standard, or by Gods? And if they were truly righteous and innocent, then they would end up in heaven now wouldn't they?

Since the 80's lol

From the same site:

Really your argument about increasing earthquakes is ridiculous. You are suggesting that man has been sinning more and more? Based on what? You think things were better in the barbaric middle ages, with slavery, torture and barbaric inhumane treatment of women and children?
                  Again I am well aware of what you pointed out, but you seem to miss what I am telling you. The death toll and damage from natural disasters has been on an upward trend. Just what happened to Japan and Indonesia is arguably the biggest catastrophe in the past 100 years.

Secondly, yes I am suggesting that man has been sinning more and more. Based on what you ask? Based on the fact that in the 20th century more people were slaughtered then all the previous centuries combined, taking population into account. Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, and Mao's China are arguably the most diabolical authoritative regimes to ever rule nations.

Because there is no evidence.
                  The deeper we dig, the more we see that the universe isnt built on magic. No matter what is found, you will always credit God. If you say now life couldnt have come from non-living matter, yet it is proved tomorrow you will still say "God did it".
                  If we understand what caused the big bang, God just recedes further back into the cracks in our knowledge.... again.
                  God is not gaining ground. He doesnt cause lightening, earthquakes, or miraculously heal the sick. This we know.
                  Im sure you can find a tale about someone somewhere being healed, but for me, given all the millions of people crying out for Gods help and not getting it, these few religious tales dont carry much weight.
                  You missed my point, and I do not think you will get it anytime soon. We will have to agree to disagree. In early 2000's the human genome was mapped by a Christian man named Francis Collins. The human genome was so extensive and complicated that to this day it still is not fully understood. To me that is clear evidence of design as it was clear evidence for Francis Collins. The universe is infinitely more complex. No man made creation is more intricate than the life around you. So don't sit here an say there is no evidence for God, it is all around you, you just choose to ignore it.

lol. No it isnt.
                  By what methods did god create the universe? Because so far, God has been 100% absent from all scientific knowledge.
                  The methods by which God created the Universe is up to you and rest of the mankind to find out and learn for themselves. Original purpose for the creation of man was to share and explore the knowledge of God, to have fellowship with Him.

Its more like saying the great wind that blew down my straw house must have been the big bad wolf, because thats what it says in my story book.
                  What you have to understand is the bible is not a single book, it is a compilation of some 40+ books and letters, of over thousands of years. There is no book in the world that can match the bible in terms of longevity, history, and distribution, so stop making lame comparisons.

Comment

• I worship stars.

They have done waaaaaaaaay more for me than God or Jesus

Comment

• Originally posted by led* View Post
                      Nobody can prove if God exist or not. Atheists can say there's lack of evidence, but does Science already discovered everything? Who knows what discoveries will have in the future.

God or no God, what matters is our belief make us good citizens in this world. I, thank you.
                      There is an overwhelming of amount of evidence against God...but no scientific evidence in favor.

Ill take some proof...to no proof.

If fear of eternal hellfire is the only thing keeping people from raping and pillaging....what does that say about our world?

Comment

Working...
                      X