No announcement yet.

God does not exist: true or false?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Do you know the definition of specifics?

Its like when a person asks "what do you drive" and then you answer "a car"

Sounds like you've never witnessed a miracles. In fact nobody as, miracles died out when the camera was invented
    "A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a miraculous sign." (Matthew 16:4)

Sums it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by rorymac View Post
      The three "omnis" and the concept of hell present contradictions therefore God does not exist
      You lost me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enayze View Post
        Of course God exists and it is so evident that I don't know how people are so willingly ignorant to say otherwise. Take a look around you, everything is designed from the plant life, to the wild life, to humans themselves, never mind the cosmos. The fact that we are having this conversation about God and asking questions of God should light a couple flags.
        You are talking about the complexity of life? What about random brutal nature of life? From tsunami's to famine, diseases to deformities and still births. All evidence for a perfect creator?

Your argument is basically, complexity cannot be explained, therefore God did it.
        I say, never replace a question mark for a supernatural explanation. A method which has failed time and time again throughout human history.

Comment

You lost me.
          Free will and God are incompatible, therefore an omnibenevolent God would not send people to hell

Comment

• Originally posted by Mud View Post
            You are talking about the complexity of life? What about random brutal nature of life? From tsunami's to famine, diseases to deformities and still births. All evidence for a perfect creator?
            It is always nice to see a person who probably never read the bible argue against a perfect creator. If you read the very first pages of the bible you will understand what happened to creation. To briefly summarize it for you, creation was made perfect by God, men, however, through sin corrupted all creation and made it imperfect. It seems as though everything with God operates on cause and effect. Somehow, tsunami's, famine, and diseases are all a direct result of sins. Just about every evil in this world is man made by his direct or indirect contribution.

Here is a link to earthquake statistics over the past 40 years
            http://www.earth.webecs.co.uk/images/graph.jpg

Your argument is basically, complexity cannot be explained, therefore God did it.
            My argument is that complexity can be explained, and therefore God did it.

I say, never replace a question mark for a supernatural explanation. A method which has failed time and time again throughout human history.
            I don't particularly disagree with you, but this has nothing to do with whether God exists or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by rorymac View Post
              Free will and God are incompatible, therefore an omnibenevolent God would not send people to hell
              And what exactly made you come to such a bold conclusion? Are you God Himself that you know this definitely? Im sorry to burst your bubble, but that question has been debated over millions of times throughout the ages. So much so that two schools of Christianity were born out of that very question, and they are Arminianism and Calvinism. They both offer fair explanations to the question posed, you can look em up if you want.

Comment

• Provide one piece of evidence for God's existence.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  Provide one piece of evidence for God's existence.
                  The bible........

Comment

"A wicked and adulterous generation looks for a miraculous sign." (Matthew 16:4)

Sums it up.
                    I didn't look for it, he said he witnessed it

Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion—several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn’t straight. --Mark Twain

Comment

And what exactly made you come to such a bold conclusion? Are you God Himself that you know this definitely? Im sorry to burst your bubble, but that question has been debated over millions of times throughout the ages. So much so that two schools of Christianity were born out of that very question, and they are Arminianism and Calvinism. They both offer fair explanations to the question posed, you can look em up if you want.
                      There are no fair explanations though

Comment

Working...
                      X