No announcement yet.

British Soul is ****in sick!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    Theres already an old rhread on this golve but you aint lyin!!!!
    Is there? I didn't even search

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
      Is this the music that you use to woo your butt buddies?
      Nope...it's what I use when I'm smashing your mom.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        For some reason, Europeans have understood and appreciated soul, R&B, Jazz and other uniquely American art forms better than Americans.

Here in America, an artist like Anthony Hamilton or Raheem DeVaughn for example play to half empty shows here and in the UK they sell out.

I have always said that Europeans appreciate American music more than we do, at least REAL American music. While we sell out Justin Beiber and Ke$ha down here.....sad.
        I've been noticing this for awhile...it's not just Europeans either. Asian consumers love this kind of music, and a lot of the new real RnB/Soul acts are successful over in Japan and other places.

It's sad how much it's overlooked in America. It gets harder and harder to find good music over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post

But if we're talking about pretty wings covers I gotta go with my boy B-hines
          Brandon Hines is nice...I've heard some of his songs over the years. Sadly a guy with vocals like that will get passed over by Jason Derulo and Jerimih all day.

Comment

I like that John Newman kid. Lots of Blues in his voice. Dude looks like he is 12!LOL. It reminds me a bit of this young prodigy when he got his sound heard.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                For some reason, Europeans have understood and appreciated soul, R&B, Jazz and other uniquely American art forms better than Americans.
                Here in America, an artist like Anthony Hamilton or Raheem DeVaughn for example play to half empty shows here and in the UK they sell out.

I have always said that Europeans appreciate American music more than we do, at least REAL American music. While we sell out Justin Beiber and Ke$ha down here.....sad.
                That is very true. I also noticed that many artist who started their careers as R&B artist sell out by making what I consider to be crap. They do it for the need to sell records because that's what sells in the US.

That's why I always liked artist like Gerald Levert and Joe Thomas because They never changed Their style. Generally speaking, the people of the UK have a better taste in music in my opinion.
                Last edited by joseph5620; 02-01-2013, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Plan B aswell, primarily a rapper but his Strickland Banks album is pretty good:

Comment

Working...
                  X