No announcement yet.

So I've been summoned for jury duty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
    Nahh, getting selected is purely the lawyers' discretion.

Even if you don't say dumb things but quite obvious that you don't want to be there, you will be rejected.
    Surely having a bunch of jurors that do not want to be there can be an advantage for the defense if the case is a very complicated one.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      do people realize to get out of jury duty you simply don't reply? lol seriously it's the easiest thing in the world to get out of.

That's why our system doesn't work. Only dumb asses go to jury duty!
      Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
        Surely having a bunch of jurors that do not want to be there can be an advantage for the defense if the case is a very complicated one.
        Well, you only need 1 side to reject you.

Not both.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
          Well, you only need 1 side to reject you.

Not both.
          As you can tell, I don't know much about the subject...

What if the defense and the prosecution don't agree at all on the jurors? There has to be some limit on the amount of people they call in or at least adhere to a time frame.

Comment

Jury duty was great for me. Probably beacuse I got paid, got the day off from work AND all the cases were full so everyone got to go home after 15 minutes lol.

Comment

Dude i get them all the time, i lie n i dont pay attetion to them, also when i get asked questions i act as if i have no idea about whats goin on,

Also another tip ill give , if ur job is some how related to the case, or if u or a family member has had an experience similar to the case dont say u habe cause u will be chosen

for example if its a DWI or a drinking related case u had a wreck while being drunk or u got hurt by a drunk driver, either side will want u or if a family member has been a victim of the case

But this is all if u dont wana be part of this, n after 20 minutes in there i dont think u will, i skip about 3 jury dutys n then ill go i just get them all the time lol

Comment

What if the defense and the prosecution don't agree at all on the jurors? There has to be some limit on the amount of people they call in or at least adhere to a time frame.
                It's stupid that they can choose at all, the fairest way is to have completely random jurors.

Comment

Not 100% sure but I believe there is no limit for rejecting potential jurors.

Both sides have to agree that the jurors selected aren't biased towards one side.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                    Dude i get them all the time, i lie n i dont pay attetion to them, also when i get asked questions i act as if i have no idea about whats goin on,

Also another tip ill give , if ur job is some how related to the case, or if u or a family member has had an experience similar to the case dont say u habe cause u will be chosen

for example if its a DWI or a drinking related case u had a wreck while being drunk or u got hurt by a drunk driver, either side will want u or if a family member has been a victim of the case

But this is all if u dont wana be part of this, n after 20 minutes in there i dont think u will, i skip about 3 jury dutys n then ill go i just get them all the time lol
                    If you had a wreck while drunk you won't be chosen for jury service because you'll have a record, at least that's how it works over here.

Comment

serious question here....do you guys really not realize you don't have to reply? That's honestly how you get out of jury duty.

Comment

Working...
                      X