No announcement yet.

So I've been summoned for jury duty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    I'm to report to the Sheriff's office for registration tomorrow, and the trial starts February 27th.

Anybody here have experience with it in the past?
    I loved it when i was 20 i was a juror in a murder trial i was also the vote that got the guy off,a few months after the trial the real murderer was arressted.

Comment

Keep repeating this when asked a question...

"I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever! There's never been anybody as ruthless! I'm Sonny Liston, I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!"

You'll be home within an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post

"I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever! There's never been anybody as ruthless! I'm Sonny Liston, I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!"

Thats the best boxing quote ever.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          Thats the best boxing quote ever.
          It truly is. Tyson quotes in general deserve there own movie.

Comment

It's boring as hell. You sit in the courtroom waiting for them to call your name while you listen to both attorneys ask the same exact questions to each possible juror, and then they will ask you the exact same questions when you get called up. They will weed people out and decide who they want to choose and who to ask the judge to dismiss

When I got summoned I told the defense attorney that I could not use my best judgment unless both the defendant and the plantiff issued their statement to the case.....and then they immediately dismissed me. That was an honest answer, but I also said it because it was small case that I didn't care about and I knew the defense attorney would dismiss me for my answer. If you don't want to be a part of the case you should say something like that and they should dismiss you.
            Last edited by sweetpea87; 01-26-2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Is there a law about deliberately saying dumb **** in order to avoid jury duty? (although I don't see how this could possibly be proven)

Comment

Originally posted by Terrel View Post

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
                  Is there a law about deliberately saying dumb **** in order to avoid jury duty? (although I don't see how this could possibly be proven)
                  Nahh, getting selected is purely the lawyers' discretion.

Even if you don't say dumb things but quite obvious that you don't want to be there, you will be rejected.

Comment

do people realize to get out of jury duty you simply don't reply? lol seriously it's the easiest thing in the world to get out of.

That's why our system doesn't work. Only dumb asses go to jury duty!

Comment

If you don't get in trouble people should just be honest. Tell them you aren't interested and don't want to do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X