No announcement yet.

#1 ATG Genius in world History?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    :AOR: thank god for google...even Barnburner can look smart!
    oldskool dudes use pen & paper scribbling equations and all...

modern ones use wolfram alpha...

same thing with almost all of us here... except for leafing books for info, googling the thing is much more convenient... different methods, same result...

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      what are you talking about?

I clearly state that I am unaware of something so I will go and find it out. If I wanted to look smart I would have used Google to do some research and come back claiming I knew it all already. Where I use other sources I always put the text in a quote box to indicate it's not my knowledge.

This isn't a difficult concept to understand.

I know I called you ******ed in another thread but I didn't expect such a retaliation that would prove my point less than 10 minutes later.

Go back to calling Mikey Garcia a bum in NSB, don't bring your rubbish to a rational discussion, neither it or you belong there.
      Find where i ever called Mikey a bum ...:WORD: wrong again. You obviously cant read very well or you have a serious comprehension problem....Hence the reason im laughing that you are trying to play a smart guy roll when in reality you are really obtuse! Oh and dont forget to find where i called Garcia a bum. Only a dumbass would divulge such false accusations! Like you did! :WORD:

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
        oldskool dudes use pen & paper scribbling equations and all...

modern ones use wolfram alpha...

same thing with almost all of us here... except for leafing books for info, googling the thing is much more convenient... different methods, same result...
        i get it from the clouds. On occasions the stars!

thanks for the info though. Without you i would not know what i would do! :ANYWORD:

Comment

Find where i ever called Mikey a bum ...:WORD: wrong again. You obviously cant read very well or you have a serious comprehension problem....Hence the reason im laughing that you are trying to play a smart guy roll when in reality you are really obtuse! Oh and dont forget to find where i called Garcia a bum. Only a dumbass would divulge such false accusations! Like you did! :WORD:
          I didn't pay too much attention to what you were writing as I realised long ago it was mostly drivel. From a quick gloss you were accusing Garcia of not fighting on when he should have or something? Or maybe you were angry at the stoppage? Either or it was stupid. I guess I was wrong in assuming you called him a bum, it was just expected I guess.

You can laugh away if you want it really doesn't concern me, it's widely known you are a troll(well I hope you are). Therefore, this pathetic baiting isn't going to induce any sort of emotional response from me, you're free to keep trying though.

Comment

Okay it's trump card o'clock.
            inb4 sum1 uses "einstein married his cousin"
            Newton believed in the Philosophers Stone and the Elixir of Life.
            I personally would've gone with he considered himself primarily an alchemist, when no-one else of relevance still believed in alchemy.

But personally I think the fact that he had all that bat**** insane stuff going on in his head makes it even more impressive that he could just go away for a month and invent calculus on a whim.

Although, the LHC has proven alchemy to be doable on an atomic level (too insignificant and slow to ever be of use to anyone, but I digress). No-one else still believed in it!

That's the best sort of crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              I personally would've gone with he considered himself primarily an alchemist, when no-one else of relevance still believed in alchemy.

But personally I think the fact that he had all that bat**** insane stuff going on in his head makes it even more impressive that he could just go away for a month and invent calculus on a whim.

Although, the LHC has proven alchemy to be doable on an atomic level (too insignificant and slow to ever be of use to anyone, but I digress). No-one else still believed in it!

That's the best sort of crazy.
              I wasn't aware he actually thought he was an alchemist first and a physicist or mathematician second.

I was wondering earlier if Nucleur Fusion/Fission was a form of Alchemy, I just assumed it wasn't as alchemy sounds a lot more magical and at this moment in time we have little control over the products of the fission of heavy elements, and most don't fission below lead as that's a stable nuclear isotope.

Comment

I didn't pay too much attention to what you were writing as I realised long ago it was mostly drivel. From a quick gloss you were accusing Garcia of not fighting on when he should have or something? Or maybe you were angry at the stoppage? Either or it was stupid. I guess I was wrong in assuming you called him a bum, it was just expected I guess.

You can laugh away if you want it really doesn't concern me, it's widely known you are a troll(well I hope you are). Therefore, this pathetic baiting isn't going to induce any sort of emotional response from me, you're free to keep trying though.
                Whats funny is you troll in one thread...and accuse someone else of trolling....Thats funny! Oh and by the way Isaac Newton spanks Einstein!
                Yes you were wrong. And for future advice...know wtf you are talking about before you begin to engage with someone. You baited yourself smart guy! If im not mistaken you (admitted you made a mistake in accusing me of something i didnt do in the same automatically resulted to name calling when i said nothing to you to begin with) And if you had any common sense, youd know you get what you give...So dont cop deuces now! :WORD:

Comment

I wasn't aware he actually thought he was an alchemist first and a physicist or mathematician second.
                  Oh yes. He was a stereotypical mad ****ing scientist. He wasn't even trying to innovate in the 'field of alchemy', he was just doing the same **** that alchemists were doing hundreds of years prior.

He probably spent more of his time trying to predict the apocalypse than he spent writing calculus.

He spent a lot of time rather close to lead and mercury, to say the least.

I was wondering earlier if Nucleur Fusion/Fission was a form of Alchemy, I just assumed it wasn't as alchemy sounds a lot more magical and at this moment in time we have little control over the products of the fission of heavy elements, and most don't fission below lead as that's a stable nuclear isotope.
                  If you can literally turn lead into gold, which has been documented. I'm content to put my fingers in my ears and call that alchemy.

Some Soviet scientists "discovered a reaction for turning lead into gold when they found the lead shielding of an experimental reactor had changed to gold."

Close enough for me. Lalalalalalala

Comment

Whats funny is you troll in one thread...and accuse someone else of trolling....Thats funny! Oh and by the way Isaac Newton spanks Einstein!
                    Yes you were wrong. And for future advice...know wtf you are talking about before you begin to engage with someone. You baited yourself smart guy! If im not mistaken you (admitted you made a mistake in accusing me of something i didnt do in the same automatically resulted to name calling when i said nothing to you to begin with) And if you had any common sense, youd know you get what you give...So dont cop deuces now! :WORD:
                    I only questioned your intelligence because you were being stupid. I never moaned at you for being a troll so don't make your tampon red over that. I just stated as a result of you being a troll I was not going to value your posts or comments. You can feel the same way about me for all I care.

Please elaborate on both: "Newton spanks Einstein!" and "know wtf you are talking about before you begin to engage with someone".

I'll wait as I feel both statements together will form the perfect irony.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                      Oh yes. He was a stereotypical mad ****ing scientist. He wasn't even trying to innovate in the 'field of alchemy', he was just doing the same **** that alchemists were doing hundreds of years prior.

He probably spent more of his time trying to predict the apocalypse than he spent writing calculus.

He spent a lot of time rather close to lead and mercury, to say the least.
                      It's true that Newton spent more time trying to predict the apocalypse than he did inventing calculus and developing the theory of gravity.

But he did invent calculus and develop the theory of gravity. What's your point?

Comment

Working...
                      X