Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the best athlete in sports history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wasn't Mr. Winfield a the first million dollar athlete, too?

Comment

bo jackson...how many athletes have been an all-star in 2 professional sports? NFL & MLB all-star is tough to beat...deion sanders played both too but wasn't an all-star in both sports.he was a HOF NFLer but was also good enough to play in the majors...

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
        wasn't Mr. Winfield a the first million dollar athlete, too?
        winfield drafted in 3 sports? i didn't know that. lots of guys drafted in 2 sports but 3 sports is impressive. i think winfield was one of the 1st million dollar athletes...pitcher tom glavine was drafted by the LA kings in the NHL but opted for baseball...not many guys drafted in hockey & another sport...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          bo jackson...how many athletes have been an all-star in 2 professional sports? NFL & MLB all-star is tough to beat...deion sanders played both too but wasn't an all-star in both sports.he was a HOF NFLer but was also good enough to play in the majors...

you do realise that you dont see this in soccer, or tennis...messi would neer become a top ten tennis player whilst stating his career out as a top soccer player.

I ealy think you guys should look at other sports...

Comment

Max Woosnam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Woosnam

Won gold at the olympics and won Wimbledon as a tennis player, made centuries when playing cricket, made a 147 break in snooker (equivalent to, say, a perfect game in bowling, or maybe a no-hitter in baseball), captained Manchester City and England as a footballer (soccer player) AS AN AMETEUR. And once beat Charlie Chaplin at table tennis using a butter knife instead of a bat

COME AT ME!

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
              Lebron right now could play in the nfl as a tight end and be great at it. I also think he could be a world class goal keeper in futbol.
              There is zero evidence to suggest that Lebron James could do any of the above. His body might crumble after 1 hit for all we know and the movements needed to be made by a goalkeeper are polar opposites to the ones used in Basketball. Plus the fact that making saves is merely 1 aspect of many in that position.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                btw americans wake up, no one outside of American gives a **** about the NBA,nfl etc.

Lionel messi is the best soccer player in the world, hes schooling people from all different nations.

Wheras europe treat basketball as a hobbie...

Open yout eyes and look at other sports...
                It's football you jabroni.

Soccer

Comment

no love for the powerhouse?

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                    It's football you jabroni.

Soccer
                    loooooooooooooool. jabroni!

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                      its between bo jackson and deion sanders.

id go with sanders.

If somebody can play professional in 3 different sports then they would beat deion.

I wish more professional athletes tried to play different sports.

Lebron right now could play in the nfl as a tight end and be great at it. I also think he could be a world class goal keeper in futbol.
                      Can he even kick 60 yards + and it has to be pretty high too so players can read and aim for it?

Plus being a keeper is tough as **** on the hands. The power/speed a pro soccer player generates is a lot more than people realise.

Reading a cross is also another story. People think it's about size but it's about understanding where to stand, when to move etc...

Comment

Working...
                      X