Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the best athlete in sports history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    tim horton, of bscene.
    he got my vote but Horton don't post here anymore his evil fat cheeseburger eating brother does he goes by Tim Ho

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
      Max Woosnam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Woosnam

Won gold at the olympics and won Wimbledon as a tennis player, made centuries when playing cricket, made a 147 break in snooker (equivalent to, say, a perfect game in bowling, or maybe a no-hitter in baseball), captained Manchester City and England as a footballer (soccer player) AS AN AMETEUR. And once beat Charlie Chaplin at table tennis using a butter knife instead of a bat

COME AT ME!
      Still waiting for a Bo Jackson/LeBron stan to debate against this. Athletically versatile and flawless technical skills.

This all depends on how someone would decipher the word 'athlete'. Are we talking just raw physical attributes, or do technical attributes play a role? If we're talking pure physical attributes then I don't think athletes like Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky can be mentioned. Those guys were never the fastest, had the best vertical or could bench the most weight, it was their technical ability, intelligence and will to win that set the 2 apart from the rest in their respective fields.

So it begs the question, if technical skills (not to mention versatility) DO play a role when discussing how good of an athlete someone is, who can possibly better Max Woosnam, a man who basically mastered the art of about 5 different sports, all of which require various different types of skills and co-ordination?

Here's a picture of Kate Upton for anyone that could be bothered responding (click the Max Woosnam link):

http://tinyurl.com/maxwoosnam
      Last edited by El Fenomeno; 01-21-2013, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• When you talk athlete you have to think to yourself "Which athlete would be great at multiple different sports. If they weren't at their particular sport, woul would they still be great? For me....that person is Lebron.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          When you talk athlete you have to think to yourself "Which athlete would be great at multiple different sports. If they weren't at their particular sport, woul would they still be great? For me....that person is Lebron.

Comment

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
            Exactly. You can't deny his greatness. He showed it in two totally different sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              Exactly. You can't deny his greatness. He showed it in two totally different sports.
              The guy I mentioned above played at the top calibre level in 4 different sports, that shows more versatility, no?

Comment

• I'm excited for the pissing match between North American athletes and European athletes though

Comment

• Comment

• How the **** are people sleeping on Jim Brown?

Comment

• lol at dumb yanks who don't know **** about real sports

Look how Sir Donald Bradman is athletically superior to Bo Jackson...

Greatest Cricketer ever. :wank:

Comment

Working...
                      X