Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time is passing by so fast....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its like it was only yesterday when i was slightly deriding my old man listening to "old musicians" like the beatles and led zep...

now my son does the same to me everytime i spin albums by nirvana and pixies...

weird...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
      its like it was only yesterday when i was slightly deriding my old man listening to "old musicians" like the beatles and led zep...

now my son does the same to me everytime i spin albums by nirvana and pixies...

weird...
      Whos better nirvana or pixies

Comment

“How did it get so late so soon?”
        ― Dr. Seuss

Comment

time is put into perspective by comparing it to the rest of the time you've lived.

a minute to a 5 year old then has five times the value of a minute to a 25 year old.

it's a larger portion of the five year old's life. five times larger.

barnburner, organize this mathematically with your slick scottish math moves.
          Last edited by New England; 01-17-2013, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            I was reading this interesting piece on the perception of time. How as you get older, you perceive time as going faster and that having children makes it even seem that much faster still.

Since I turned 30, it seems like my life is literally flashing before my eyes. When I was a kid, my birthdays would take an eternity to come, it lasted forever. Now the weeks are like days and the months are like weeks, it's crazy.

I can't believe it's 2013, I can remember the whole Y2K ordeal and that seemed but a few years back. It's hard to believe it was almost 15 years ago.

Fuk man, life is really short. To those of you that are in your 20's, don't waste it away. Do what you want NOW and think about relaxing later. I can't stress that enough.

My daughter is fully grown almost, my nephews that I used to beat their ass and change their diapers are now married with kids and running around like they own the world.

I will be 40 soon...yet I feel like I'm 25. Oh and look it because black don't crack but brown isn't far behind

My birthday is coming up soon, and although I always look forward to birthdays, I dread the new number of years I will officially have earned.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
              I was repeatedly told the same and it went in one ear and out the other.
              Not that it's really gonna make a difference. Time is not gonna slow any less if weren't told that. You'll still grow up and be all "aahh, those were the good old days" nostalgic. Our elders tell us that as a way for them to reminisce. They are right though, cherish those moments and live it up, which most young people do anyway, just isn't until later when they actually cherish it.

Originally posted by Timothy Burton View Post
              Ourr memory also semms like is getting weaker as we get older
              you cant even remember much stuff last week
              My memory has been **** lately. I used to think I had a good memory, but it's really failing me as of late.

Speaking of memory, did you know chimps possess better short-term memory than us humans (probably due to survival/basic animal instincts). It's their long-term memory they suck balls as. Us humans have better long-term and weaker short term. Human children actually have better short-term recollection than adult humans. Take a look at this, fascinating!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Burton View Post
                Is.this existenialism midlife crisis?
                Could be....hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  time is put into perspective by comparing it to the rest of the time you've lived.

a minute to a 5 year old then has five times the value of a minute to a 25 year old.

it's a larger portion of the five year old's life. five times larger.

barnburner, organize this mathematically with your slick scottish math moves.
                  Importance Factor = Age of Older Person/Age of Younger Person.

i = 25/5 = 5

One unit of time is 5 times more important to a 5 year old as it is a 25 year old.

If that's what you want?

Comment

Happens to the best of us. I'm 31 and I definitely have noticed that it seems to pass by much faster as I get older. I take comfort in my faith. And try to enjoy my life to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                      Importance Factor = Age of Older Person/Age of Younger Person.

i = 25/5 = 5

One unit of time is 5 times more important to a 5 year old as it is a 25 year old.

If that's what you want?
                      deep stuff. heavy math
                      keep that one in mind when you're going for that phd of yours...

just site me as a source and we're good.

Comment

Working...
                      X