Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time is passing by so fast....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree about when you have kids. I just made a thread about Im going to be a dad, and now she's one in 2 months.

Crazy.

Comment

My son just turned 2 and his mom already talkin about "we need to start looking for a pre-school soon".

I'm like "what? He's still a baby"!

Comment

It's the routine that makes it feel like it goes by fast, get up go to work, finish work, have a few hours relaxing and then sleep. Repeat. As a kid you have a lot of spare time to do things you enjoy and a lot more energy.

Comment

http://www.kafalas.com/Logtime.html

Most of you guys are young, not that I'm so old but I had my kid when I was a teenager. She's almost 20 now, it' seems crazy.

When we go out, people think she's my GF and she hates it...lol

I have made some very big changes in my life this year, I won't get into personal stuff but let's say I have let go of a lot of things and people in my life. Simply because I have one life and I want to be happy. I don't want to live a lie, don't want to do what is expected of you and I need to do the things I promised myself as a kid.

Life is scary but it's also exciting at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
            I hear you Cua, I noticed it after having children more then I did before. Months and years just zip by.

Who remembers how long the 6 week summer holidays used to feel when school broke up? It seemed an eternity

Demize, don't give up when the joints and legs have broken in your 70's, acquire stem cells and HGH and crack on like a 19 year old all over again
            Damn, that's a example that really hits home.

I remember 6 weeks holidays used to feel like a very long time and now years are flying by just like that.

What really hit me was watching the new years fireworks celebrations on tv this year, i swear it felt like i was in the exactly same position watching the 2012 one just a few weeks ago! Yet that was a whole year ago.

****ing madness i swear. Time is absolutely flying by.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              I have a list of crap I really want to do before I die and it's not very long.

1. Get a Phd in Physics > 2. Do some research > 3. Find out/Prove/Explain/Hypothesize something new.

4. Invent some sort of insta-toaster that allows the user to choose toasting level to incredible precision.

I think it's doable, I'm already thinking about plans for the insta-toaster idea.
              barn...

i can't understand what einstein says that "time is only an illusion albeit a very persistent one..."

whats ur understanding on it?

oh yeah, great thread cua... i hope uncle kadyo could join in and share some insights...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHat View Post
                5 star thread!

I'm 28 and I feel like time flies so fast, I can't even remember much of 2012! LOL!
                Not just 2012, to me it seems everything from 2000 until now flashed in the blink of an eye. It's hard to believe that a decade has already past since the dawn of the new millenium, over a freaking decade! When I compare events from 2006 to today, I feel it's within the same time window, just a few years, when in reality that stuff happened or was made 6-7 ago. It's mind-boggling.

I do think in this day in age, we have a lot more distractions than we did back in the day. Way much more that it's making us ADD. You get news alerts instantly, you can communicate with anyone with so much more ease and in many different ways... Not too long ago, I took a few days off work, didn't plan anything, just wanted to relax make it as peaceful as possible. Even without the stresses, the time still went by super fast, next thing I knew, I had to be back at work.

I turned 30 a few months ago and I don't feel that I should be 30 yet, but now I have to look forward to 31 (damn, almost half a year has past wow). I don't really have much experiences yet, there's still lots I want to do. Time passing doesn't really have to do with the number of experiences you've had, more to do with repetitive routine
                Last edited by Prostitroop; 01-17-2013, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                  barn...

i can't understand what einstein says that "time is only an illusion albeit a very persistent one..."

whats ur understanding on it?

oh yeah, great thread cua... i hope uncle kadyo could join in and share some insights...
                  Never looked into it specifically but I'll guess he's referring to time as simply the rate of change and that there's no actual unit of time that we exist in. Like for example, every clock we've ever made uses the basis of "the time taken for event x to happen", the "second" generally came about by dividing the time taken for the Earth to rotate once on its own axis then dividing it.

Also how "time dilation" is just a consequence of the speed of light being constant in all inertial reference frames and having a real value, rather than a change of the dimension "time" itself.

But I don't know, maybe that's not what he meant.

Comment

I remember my elders telling me to enjoy every moment when I was a kid, because I was in such a rush to grow up (by all accounts I was an incredibly mature child), and I remember thinking : "Yeah, yeah. Shut up, old person" because I hung around a lot of adults and I couldn't wait to become one of them.

But they were right.

Comment

Is.this existenialism midlife crisis?

Comment

Working...
                      X