Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is New York the most overrated City in history?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Einstien View Post
    Thats funny coming from a "cholo" in Los Angeles...lmao..
    The only thing I respect is LAPD for beating the crap out of you losers.
    Classless post, from what I presume is a classless NewYorker

Comment

It's definitely a bit overrated. For all the Disneyland reform that's been done in the past 20 years it's still a pretty grimy city, and you need to be wealthy to enjoy a lot of it, but for the US its still one of the best. I won't trash it at all though, a lot of it comes down to personal preference - I just like the East Asian metropolitan style better, and the lower cost of living. I get the feeling that London is likely to be overrated, kind of a city whose glory days are behind it, but I can't really comment.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        New York is shit.

The only thing I respect about that City is the NYPD keeping all the thugs and crime on check
        LA is even grimier that NYC tbh, a lot of it is really tore up and dirty, but very eclectic. No beef with LA, I enjoyed living in the area, but it's another one of those "hard to fully enjoy if you aren't rich" places. Probably best to live in Ventura county and go to the city for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
          LA is even grimier that NYC tbh, a lot of it is really tore up and dirty, but very eclectic. No beef with LA, I enjoyed living in the area, but it's another one of those "hard to fully enjoy if you aren't rich" places. Probably best to live in Ventura county and go to the city for fun.

The none ghetto areas of L.A. are pretty decent. I don't necessarily live in a rich area but it's not bad. My area is racially diverse it's around 55% Hispanic, 43% White. Cops don't go around harassing us...since crime isn't a problem.

definitely better than the average NewYork city

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            The none ghetto areas of L.A. are pretty decent. I don't necessarily live in a rich area but it's not bad. My area is racially diverse it's around 55% Hispanic, 43% White. Cops don't go around harassing us...since crime isn't a problem.

definitely better than the average NewYork city
            What do you mean by definitely better than the average NYC?

Comment

I'll always try to visit New York at least once every couple of years. There's not a lot of places like it. So diverse, so much to do. There's also an aoura about it because of the history behind it. I can imagine how living there might get old.

Having nice whether most of the time and nice beaches close by are more desirable depending on who you ask. NY is frigid in the winter. And all the cool things during a vacation probably grow old as hell over the long term like having to take the subway all the time or the prices or the total lack of privacy nearly anywhere you go.

Comment

New York is the best city in the world.

You got millions of people from different cultures in a small area, yet the crime rate is relatively low. They still have room for parks' trees and nature unlike Tokyo.

Its a work of art and will never be duplicated again. Add 8 million people to your current city and see if your city can stay as clean as New York is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                  New York is the best city in the world.

You got millions of people from different cultures in a small area, yet the crime rate is relatively low. They still have room for parks' trees and nature unlike Tokyo.

Its a work of art and will never be duplicated again. Add 8 million people to your current city and see if your city can stay as clean as New York is now.
                  You clearly have no clue what you're talking about Ask Nogo.

Comment

I'd like to travel, but New York is not a destination high on my list. I'd like to see the pyramids of Giza, the Colosseum of Rome, the ancient temples of Greece, and the Alps. I'd like to visit South America, Britain, and Canada too.

Comment

I'm from West LA and living in West LA now. I visited NYC in 2007, decided to go to school there starting in 2008 through last year, and I'm gonna move back very soon (<1 month) but it's mostly financially motivated. I love it there and in LA. Basically, if you want a big house with a yard for cheap and some woods to hunt in, don't live there. If you like having a bunch of sh it going on when you step outside and don't mind a small apartment, you'll like it there. It's pretty simple really.

Comment

Working...
                      X