Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats so fascinating about Ancient Egypt, Maya and Greece?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ta Khent View Post
    Not according to this:

probably lookd more like
    or modern day

Genetically the egyptians are semitic not subsaharran, they are the same race as the jews, and the arabs, indeed egypt over the past few thousands years+ has been the heart of the arab world, with the arab maghrib on one side, the arab peninsula on the other and the arab levantine(sham) to the north, and us to the south(we are closely related to arabs aswell). They are not "subsaharran african" and have never been, its quite sad to see them behave like that, they are soo ashamed of their history that they try to claim the history of the egyptians or even the history of the my peoples too, the subsaharran africans or whatever they are called have their own history they need to study it and stop claiming other peoples
    Last edited by shinobi108; 01-12-2013, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
      probably lookd more like
      or modern day
      His Y chromosome has Sub Saharan African roots. Hello? Do you even know whay that means?

Comment

Lets get off this stuff and return to the mysteries of that civilisation, did you know the library of Alexandria had something like 500,000+ scrolls of literature and translating literature from all over the world into the egyptian language, that in itself is pretty amazing specially because 500,000 scrolls worth of information probably would cover the majority of the worlds knowledge at that time

Comment

The library was burnt by the first secularist Julius Caesar in 48BC when he knew he was about to lose power in egypt and burnt the great library of alexandria because he didnt want another ruler to have access to the information and somebody else to run the worlds knowledge centre.

BTW the image you put up earlier is of ramses the 3rd not the second, ramses the second was white with red hair but accounts of ramses the third show him to be much darker so its possible he was one of the nubian pharoahs
          Last edited by shinobi108; 01-12-2013, 11:11 PM.

Comment

The library was burnt by the first secularist Julius Caesar in 48BC when he knew he was about to lose power in egypt and burnt the great library of alexandria because he didnt want another ruler to have access to the information and somebody else to run the worlds knowledge centre.
            from what i've read, hypatia who wrote a treatise on automata was the last of the scholars who dwelled in that great library... (theres a movie about her but i haven't seen it yet...) it's destruction was symbolic of the start of the dark ages, and mankind wont recover up until the rennaissance a milennium later! a milennium of wasted time! imagine that... WTF...

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
              Id be extremely careful when assigning "inventions" and "discoveries" to a single individual. Advancements are the work of several different minds, they arent magically created by one person. Edison ran a shop and got credit for things others invented, same with Steve Jobs in the 2000s. Id imagine Archimdes was no different.

My problem with the Greeks is they really didnt separate themselves from what Egypt did. They were still getting around on horses and chariots and fighting with swords and arrows.

Egyptians obviously didnt need Pythagoras to build those hypejob sand castles as they completed them 1000 years before dude was even born.
              Archimedes was no different? I rest my case.

Comment

Lets get off this stuff and return to the mysteries of that civilisation, did you know the library of Alexandria had something like 500,000+ scrolls of literature and translating literature from all over the world into the egyptian language, that in itself is pretty amazing specially because 500,000 scrolls worth of information probably would cover the majority of the worlds knowledge at that time
                Had that library of Alexandria survived then we'd have the complete 13 volumes of Euclid's Elements and geometry today would be more tedious. LOL that's a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                  Instead of imagining why don't you read about it?

Your two examples are straight out of the industrial revolution. People tend to assume the world was always the way they know it now.
                  Nature is that way. The leader of the pack always takes share of what gets discovered in their territory. Whether we're talking Wolves, Lions, monkey's or scientists,....its not unique to the industrial revolution.

Archimedes was the big name and probably got credit for stuff his mentors or underlings came up with. Its nothing to be ashamed of. Even Einstein piggybacked off Faraday and Maxwell. No one works in a vacuum.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                    from what i've read, hypatia who wrote a treatise on automata was the last of the scholars who dwelled in that great library... (theres a movie about her but i haven't seen it yet...) it's destruction was symbolic of the start of the dark ages, and mankind wont recover up until the rennaissance a milennium later! a milennium of wasted time! imagine that... WTF...
                    I reckon Julius Cesar burnt it because he was about to lose power to rule over it

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Khent View Post
                      His Y chromosome has Sub Saharan African roots. Hello? Do you even know whay that means?
                      Even if that is true. What have Sub Saharans done ever since, except getting enslaved and inventing peanut butter?

Comment

Working...
                      X