Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can anyone think biggie is better than pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
    Its blaspemous only because wayne was given a more extended amount of time, and in said xtended amount of time went rather queerish. Wayne had alot of good cuts early on, and looked rather promising.

Wayne is slick with words like Fab and Banks... they're good street lyricists.

But they use the word 'like' to much.

We're talking about Icons, and ATGs though here... Pac and Big were great lyricists on top of great musicians... they made great music... Wayne is just a good rapper.

This may sound stupid, but the MOM test is always a solid test for well roundedness... Theres 2pac songs my mom likes and will listen too, there isnt a single song my mom would sit and listen to from wayne.

Comment

Wayne dont write all his own lyrics

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        Wayne is slick with words like Fab and Banks... they're good street lyricists.

But they use the word 'like' to much.

We're talking about Icons, and ATGs though here... Pac and Big were great lyricists on top of great musicians... they made great music... Wayne is just a good rapper.

This may sound stupid, but the MOM test is always a solid test for well roundedness... Theres 2pac songs my mom likes and will listen too, there isnt a single song my mom would sit and listen to from wayne.
        Imo, had wayne been shot and killed after say carter II, his legend would have/be grown expontentially, to the level of biggie and such.

Wayne is slick, and still produces some good cuts, but now they are very few and far inbetween. A couple (of the few) newer wayne songs that i think are dope;

Comment

No.... just no....

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
            No.... just no....
            Same could be said of claiming biggie to be a great lyricist, or an atg lyricist. A tremendous/atg flow, sure, but great lyricist? Thats a stretch

Comment

Good god Lil Wayne is so bad. All you have to do is go back to the early 90's and listen to some MC's then and see how Hip Hop has regressed.

Music, like any art form has to evolve, not de-evolve and that's what Rap has done in the last decade or so.

Comment

Brb, west coast guys ride with pac, east coast guys bump biggie.

I was just trying to flame a little. I bump biggie, got about 15 songs that i like from him. Wih that said, got about 50 pac songs.....

Pac>biggie.....deal with it suckas
                I'm originally a west coast guy and I like Biggie better.

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                are you kidding me?

seriously, how old are you to say something this asinine.

Ever heard of Native Tongues?

How about Queen Latifah? Common Sense? Krs 1?

Any of those ring a bell?
                That's the thing Walt, the age of these kids has them living in a tunnel. They don't realize that Lil Wayne sounds like a 4 year old next to Rakim, lyrically it seems like MC's have gone backwards instead of forward. Things aren't more complex, they are that much more simplified to fit the stupidity of this generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Good god Lil Wayne is so bad. All you have to do is go back to the early 90's and listen to some MC's then and see how Hip Hop has regressed.

Music, like any art form has to evolve, not de-evolve and that's what Rap has done in the last decade or so.
                  Youre throwing an entire genre under the rug simply because of some/the mainstream guys. In his sense, what genre is this not true for?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    I'm originally a west coast guy and I like Biggie better.
                    And some east coast guys, like nas, like(d) tupac. Goes both ways, just speaking in general terms.

Comment

Youre throwing an entire genre under the rug simply because of some/the mainstream guys. In his sense, what genre is this not true for?
                      Your right and that's unfair but in music and art, unfortunately it's a few who will represent that entire generation.

When people remember this generation they won't remember groups like Canibal Ox, People Under the Stairs or Immortal Technique.

They will remember Lil Wayne, Nikki Minaj and Kanye West. Sorry that's not fair but it's the truth.

There is some excellent hip hop and MC's, it's just they are being drowned out by the Soldier Boys of today.

Comment

Working...
                      X