Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can anyone think biggie is better than pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    and a great movie actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      People get enamored by tupac because he was so polarizing. He was a good looking guy, was charismatic and had a great voice for hip hop.

Biggie though was just clearly better as an MC. His lyrics are leaps and bounds above anything Tupac ever did.
      and he did dear mama and brenda's got a baby.....

Comment

Biggie is better than Tupac and it isn't even close.

If you want to talk about charisma, presence and popularity, then yes Tupac was better in those regards but as far as an MC and lyricist, Biggie kills him.
        You just contradicted yourself.

In the bold, you described the definition of what an MC is, and said 2Pac is better in that regard. Then you said Biggie is the better MC.

That is like saying girl A has the better looking boobs, ass, hips, and thighs but girl B has the better looking body. Makes no sense. An MC is a Master of Ceremony, AKA some one who can rock the crowd/stages/show, and 2Pac was better at that.

Biggie had the better flow, i'll give him that. But lyrically and content wise, 2Pac was better.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          You just contradicted yourself.

In the bold, you described the definition of what an MC is, and said 2Pac is better in that regard. Then you said Biggie is the better MC.

That is like saying girl A has the better looking boobs, ass, hips, and thighs but girl B has the better looking body. Makes no sense. An MC is a Master of Ceremony, AKA some one who can rock the crowd/stages/show, and 2Pac was better at that.

Biggie had the better flow, i'll give him that. But lyrically and content wise, 2Pac was better.
          Well, I agree that charisma and personality are part of being a great MC, popularity is not though. That's subjective.

I don't know how you can even for one second think Tupac was a better lyricist, no way no how. Tupac had that "it" factor that made him so popular but Biggie was and is considered one of the greatest lyricist of all time for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            and he did dear mama and brenda's got a baby.....
            Keep Ya Head Up, Letter To My Unborn Child, Changes, Brenda's Got A Baby, Dear Mama. Those are not even my favorite songs of his, but those are songs that showed a side of 2Pac that we don't really see from rappers, especially not from Biggie.

Comment

People get enamored by tupac because he was so polarizing. He was a good looking guy, was charismatic and had a great voice for hip hop.

Biggie though was just clearly better as an MC. His lyrics are leaps and bounds above anything Tupac ever did.

Don't get carried away there

Comment

Keep Ya Head Up, Letter To My Unborn Child, Changes, Brenda's Got A Baby, Dear Mama. Those are not even my favorite songs of his, but those are songs that showed a side of 2Pac that we don't really see from rappers, especially not from Biggie.
                My two favorite of his more emo tracks.

Pac was much more a champion of his people than Biggie IMO. He wanted that and he worked for it..that's why he has such a larger than life rep. He was more like a spiritual leader.

he's a much more complex person in general, he's one of the worst hypocrites of all time- despie this women love him, he was a preacher, grew up in a politically active home, lived through very public shootings, shot some cops, did some time etc.

Personally, I don't have either guy in my top 5 rappers of all time, they're in my top 10.

They are top 5 iconic rap personalitites and most influential rappers though, probably top 3.

Comment

not to nitpick, but we see that from plenty of rappers, just not from gangster rappers.

Comment

My two favorite of his more emo tracks.

Pac was much more a champion of his people than Biggie IMO. He wanted that and he worked for it..that's why he has such a larger than life rep. He was more like a spiritual leader.

he's a much more complex person in general, he's one of the worst hypocrites of all time- despie this women love him, he was a preacher, grew up in a politically active home, lived through very public shootings, shot some cops, did some time etc.

Personally, I don't have either guy in my top 5 rappers of all time, they're in my top 10.

They are top 5 iconic rap personalitites and most influential rappers though, probably top 3.
                    The thing is, Tupac wasn't who he said he was though. He wasn't some gangster, he wasn't who he portrayed.

Biggie was a lot more real that Tupac, had much better lyrics and I think will have a more lasting legacy through his music.

Comment

not to nitpick, but we see that from plenty of rappers, just not from gangster rappers.
                      Not back then.

Comment

Working...
                      X