Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people with kids get so butthurt by people who don't want their own?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Why do people with kids get so butthurt by people who don't want their own?

I've been in a long-term relationship for near a decade and do not have children. I am 26 my ol' lady is 29. I always get the questions about having kids because more and more of my cousins are having children, most not by choice, which is fine, I guess...

But when I explain my position; wanting me and the ol' lady to have our careers set, get a house, travel, etc., basically just live life the way we want to and just enjoy each other, it seems to strike a certain nerve with some family/friends.

We get snarky remarks about our plans for the future that at the moment do not involve having children. "oh you gotta have children, what are you going to do for the rest of your life" "you don't want to be THAT couple with no kids" what the **** is that all about.

Please enlighten me.

People who dont want kids should never,i repeat never have them..cause they end up mistreating them and blaming the kids for everything they dont have and what they cant do

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
      I've been in a long-term relationship for near a decade and do not have children. I am 26 my ol' lady is 29. I always get the questions about having kids because more and more of my cousins are having children, most not by choice, which is fine, I guess...

But when I explain my position; wanting me and the ol' lady to have our careers set, get a house, travel, etc., basically just live life the way we want to and just enjoy each other, it seems to strike a certain nerve with some family/friends.

We get snarky remarks about our plans for the future that at the moment do not involve having children. "oh you gotta have children, what are you going to do for the rest of your life" "you don't want to be THAT couple with no kids" what the **** is that all about.

Please enlighten me.

Its a social perception thing.

If you're married and dont have kids people start wondering:

Is he sterile?
      Is she sterile?
      Are they even ****ing?
      Is something wrong with them physically or mentally?
      Is it a sham marriage?

All legitimate questions.

Comment

It's called jealousy.

Comment

Same thing with me. The difference is that I'm single.

You don't know how ****ing annoying it gets when other people ask me when am i going to start a relationship etc.

90% of my family (including male/female cousins) are in a relationship except me.

I'm 25, not ready for a relationship yet. My mind is set on making money first.

Comment

I love my daughter to death, but have no quarrels with people who don't want them.

Most people who don't have kids don't know the feelings you get once you have them, but if you don't have them, you don't have them... and if you don't want them, there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Comment

Don't have kids, crazy lonely people will just shoot them at school.

Comment

I always thought having kids would end my social life, going downtown with friends etc etc.

Luckily I have a kick ass GF, and we work on a 50-50.... We both get days where we get to sleep in... we both get days where we get to go out and get ridiculous with friends... We get the best of both worlds.

During your 20's I wouldnt recommend it... but once you get into your 30's... and all the friends you chilled with and went out drinking with during your 20's start their own families, and dont go out anymore, your social friend group starts shrinking... 30's is the time to do it... Ill be 30 in about 6 months.

All my opinion based off experience though.

Comment

I always tell young couples not to even think about having kids until they're totally ready. Make sure you're career is set, you party, travel, do all the things You wanna do. Be selfish because once a kid comes along, its gonna be all about them.

I love being a dad but I think if I had my son earlier when I wasn't ready, I'd probably having some resentment towards him (unfairly, of course).

Comment

having kids is one of those things "you are supposed to do". most ppl live their lives according to what they are supposed to do and when others break that mold it makes them uncomftorable.

it doesnt apply to everyone who has kids obviously, it really doesnt have alot to do with kids either. its just ppl with diffrent lifestyles regardless of how they may differ.

i really dont understand why some ppl cant handle that everyone doesnt want the same kind of life they do, but for some reason it scares them or something.

Comment

Working...
                    X