Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting: Newtown, Connecticut Administrators, Students

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    No. What a ridiculous assertion.
    It was a question not an assertion.

If you don't think impressionable young kids playing violent graphic games, for hours on end, is going to have some effect on them then that's your business.

Stop acting like you know everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enayze View Post
      Aren't you Canadian? And why are you putting words in my mouth and misrepresenting me when you know very well what I stand for. And seeing as how the first things that Hitler did when he came into office was make it illegal for any of his citizens to own firearms, I'd say its up for debate whether the Germans would have stopped him or not if they were armed to the teeth.
      Except for thats not true.

Comment

• The guy was a son of belial .

Comment

I live in a world of non Christians like yourself, who can snap at any point and harm my family. Turning the other cheek is applied in context, but certainly not when there is a maniac on the loose killing people. And there are no peaceful societies, just ones which are kept under control by law, especially if they exceed a population of 300 million.

1. Only non-Christians can snap?
          2. These maniacs killing people are doing so with the assault weapons you are in favour of them having!
          3. So peaceful societies are kept under control by the law, but you want them to all have guns so they can retaliate against the governments control?
          Thats beyond dumb.

Maybe now is not the time to be arguing. (and talking utter ****)

Comment

• Agreed - this thread is not the place for all views on gun control. It should be set aside as a condolences thread where people can express their sentiments of grief for the fallen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Ruby View Post
              Except for thats not true.
              Except it is

German Firearms Act of 1937:
              "No civilian is to have a firearm without a permit and permits will not be issued to [persons] suspected of acting against the state. For Jews this permission will not be granted. Those people who do not require permission to purchase or carry weapons [include] the whole SS and SA, including the Death's Head group and officers of the Hitler Youth." [Kates, Restricting Handguns pg. 185, 1979]

Comment

This isn't about being tough or masculine,
                But people who don't have guns are "pansies"?

but having the means to protect yourself from people like that killer, and more importantly government regimes which could ultimately end up killing millions like was the case in China and Soviet Union.
                Tell me about gun control in the Soviet Union. In particular let me know was gun control stricter under the Tsar or under the Communists.

But you live in a place where you can get arrested for writing something stupid on twitter or facebook, so who are you to say what America should and shouldn't be like?
                Somebody has just walked into a school and murdered over two dozen people. Let's keep the lectures about whose society is the most well balanced to ourselves.

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                Aren't you Canadian?
                No.

And why are you putting words in my mouth and misrepresenting me when you know very well what I stand for.
                You want to throw around absurd epithets like "pansy" to refer to someone who lives in a relatively gun free society then expect to be ridiculed for it.

And seeing as how the first things that Hitler did when he came into office was make it illegal for any of his citizens to own firearms,
                Did he? I guess he did this without telling anyone then. Because the only people he barred from weaponry was Jews. Germans could own guns legally right through to the end of his regime.

I'd say its up for debate whether the Germans would have stopped him or not if they were armed to the teeth.
                Are you suggesting that the Nazi party was not popular in Germany in the 1930s?

PS that popular movement is attributed to starting a war that took 50+ million lives.
                Yes it is. Of course you know the reason for the war. Wait... you do know, right?

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                It was a question not an assertion.

If you don't think impressionable young kids playing violent graphic games, for hours on end, is going to have some effect on them then that's your business.

Stop acting like you know everything.
                Alright then. How many kids play violent video games do you think? And how many of those kids go on mass shooting rampages? If you really want to show me how I don't know everything you might even do a comparison of kids playing video games to kids going on shooting rampages and break it down by country.

Comment

• Final data from the police:

20 children
                  6 Adults
                  1 shooter
                  1 other adult at a 2nd location

Comment

• Lets keep the arguing to a minimum folks... if someone wants to make a separate thread about a gun control debate thats fine... take it over there.

Comment

Except it is

German Firearms Act of 1937:
                      "No civilian is to have a firearm without a permit and permits will not be issued to [persons] suspected of acting against the state. For Jews this permission will not be granted. Those people who do not require permission to purchase or carry weapons [include] the whole SS and SA, including the Death's Head group and officers of the Hitler Youth." [Kates, Restricting Handguns pg. 185, 1979]
                      Jews were known to be a subversive element during that time and Hitler took steps to make sure they were not going to make trouble. The law didn't apply to Germans and it wasn't enacted until the start of the war. Hitler became chancellor in 1933, so he didn't "ban guns as soon as he took power" like you said.

To keep it in context, banning guns for Jews was akin to the US keeping a lid of islamic fanatics today. Jews declared war on Germany in 1933 and so the Germans treated them as enemies.

Normal everyday Germans were not affected by this.

Comment

Working...
                      X