No announcement yet.

Man shot 13 times by police

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    If I were the cop I'd maintain my distance and tell the suspect to get onto the floor. If he approaches, I'd shoot at his legs. If a gun was brandished then that's a completely different story but the cop in the video was far too hasty and panicked.

People that allow their adrenaline to take over them like that should not be police officers. The fact he shot the guy so many times shows how out of control of the situation the officer was.
    Lol my professor talked about this on Monday, even though I knew already. But a classmate said something about an incident and that if he was the cop in the incident, that he would have shot at the leg. The prof owned him and said cops are trained to shoot to kill, not to shoot at the legs or arms. They shoot to kill. Only in movies you see cops shooting at legs, arms, car wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
      Please find me 3 instances where this happened to a white person.
      What does race have to do with this?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
        Thanks for putting me right. Son of Sam and those kind of guys are not serial killers they are SERIAL GOODIES.
        No, those were victims who did nothing to ask for their own demise. Completely innocent victims.

This guy was a violent felon, and was clearly reaching for something after being warned repeatedly not to do that.

Police officer followed proper procedure, and was cleared.

You don't wait to see if "one or two shots" will stop the guy, you keep shooting until you feel he is no longer a threat. 4 shots, 7 shots, 13 shots - makes no difference. You aim for the vital organs and fire away. . .

Once you put the officer's life in jeopardy by reaching around for ****, you deserve to get put down. . and if it ends up being down for the count, so be it.

Comment

Can't believe people are being called racist in this thread, how insecure are you? Good posts Pug.

How about this for a change, don't be a repeat felon? Don't commit violent crimes? Listen to the police when they say put your hands up? Don't pull out a knife? That lady felt sad at that very moment but later on she'll understand, especially since he beat her before.

It's really not that hard.

Not even surprised that some people are trying to turn this into a race thing though. Insecure clowns.
          Last edited by thuggery; 12-14-2012, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Some of the opinions here are laughable. To the people bringing up race, I've got a hunch if the guy was white he would've got blasted in the exact same manner, circumstances being the same.

To the guy(s) who said to aim for the legs, you're a moron. Yeah, while a guy is reaching for what could very possibly be a gun, aim and shoot where you have a high probability of missing the target, and even if you do hit him, it may not even incapacitate/deter him.

Split-second later, gun's aimed to your chest, boom you're dead.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
              Can't believe people are being called racist in this thread, how insecure are you? Good posts Pug.

How about this for a change, don't be a repeat felon? Don't commit violent crimes? Listen to the police when they say put your hands up? Don't pull out a knife? That lady felt sad at that very moment but later on she'll understand, especially since he beat her before.

It's really not that hard.

Not even surprised that some people are trying to turn this into a race thing though. Insecure clowns.

Thank you. I could see if there was something controversial about this video, but this is as black and white as it gets (haha no pun intended): Cop serving arrest warrant on known violent felon, tells guy not to move. tells him again. and again. . guy in plain view of cop begins reaching down into the side compartment of his truck. . guy then gets made good.

These sick bastards would rather cops take a "wait and see" approach - and see an actual murder, as opposed to a police officer simply following proper procedure, and shooting in self-defense.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Lol my professor talked about this on Monday, even though I knew already. But a classmate said something about an incident and that if he was the cop in the incident, that he would have shot at the leg. The prof owned him and said cops are trained to shoot to kill, not to shoot at the legs or arms. They shoot to kill. Only in movies you see cops shooting at legs, arms, car wheels.
                WRONG. Matter of fact, sounds like you made this story up. They are trained to hit the center mass.

Comment

And the amount of shots fired was definitely overkill, but not completely incomprehensible if you look at the situation. I don't condone the excessive force, but can understand how it happened, particularly considering it all happened within the span of 1-2 seconds.

Comment

I'm a 23 year old Hispanic, been stopped and frisked by the cops more than 10 times in my life, for no real good reason[so I should hate them actually], I never had anything on me. All times I was just in my neighborhood, actually right in front of home[should hate them more because of this]. None of these times i've had a gun drawn on me, been beat up by the cops, tasered, verbally harassed, whatever. That is because I do as they say. You do as they say, you got nothing to worry about. I have no sympathy for any minority who decides to be Mr. Hollywood and pull some crazy stunt on a cop, then gets shot for it. I just don't understand, out of all the times i've encountered cops, nothing EVER happened to me. All of these videos that show police officers as the "bad guys", the suspect is always pulling something crazy. Just show the cop that you are a normal person minding his/her business and go home safe. Is that so hard?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                      WRONG. Matter of fact, sounds like you made this story up. They are trained to hit the center mass.
                      I didn't make this story up, in fact my professor mentioned the term center mass as well.

Now you are just making a fool out of yourself, wrongfully accusing posters of lying.

Comment

Working...
                      X