Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs JMM thread for active Lounge members

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As warp1432 said in our FB group chat after the fight : If I were Marquez, when Larry Mechant asked me about a 5th fight with Pacquiao, I'd have said "**** him and **** the judges."

I know he's too classy for that, but it would've been an epic ending to this rivalry.

Comment

i thought if jmm will win its by decision. but damn! i never expectedthat brutal KO.
      im still shook...

Comment

Floyd fanatics are having a field day on nsb...lol

I know they wanted Pacquiao gone but to have it happen by another man's suspense and brag about it is just weird.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          As warp1432 said in our FB group chat after the fight : If I were Marquez, when Larry Mechant asked me about a 5th fight with Pacquiao, I'd have said "**** him and **** the judges."

I know he's too classy for that, but it would've been an epic ending to this rivalry.
          I thought I read somewhere that you were Warp?

Comment

Great idea for a thread, I've thought about it for awhile.

Didn't get to see the fight live but watching it now..

Comment

Even after a knockdown a piece, i was convinced Pac still had the upper hand, as he seemed to be boxing pretty well from the outside.

I knew the fight wasn't going the distance after Pac was put down in the 3rd, but did not expect it to end like it did.

My brother kept telling me 'Marquez is gonna put him down again soon, look at how he's loading up on that right when Pac commits forward', and then the shot came.

I had mixed emotions. I was rooting for JMM and glad he finally got redemption, but at the same time something in my heart did not like Pac getting KO'd like that.

Definitely my favourite fight of the series.

Comment

There's speculation on this thread about another rematch.

I don't see why Marquez would want a 5th fight.
                He already has his vindication.

I don't think TR is going to offer him as much a purse-cut as he
                now likely (and justifiably) feels he'd deserve in a putative 5th,
                and team Pac is going to be bullheaded about getting the lion's
                share of the purse.
                Last edited by horge; 12-09-2012, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Anybody else remember some ****s thinking Khan could beat JMM?

Naw.

Me either.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotus Flower View Post
                    i thought if jmm will win its by decision. but damn! i never expectedthat brutal KO.
                    im still shook...
                    Generally, a good KO punch end-er is always nice. But for this fight it seems like a let down. Like a great long 2-hour movie where you expect all kind of plots and twists only for it to be cut short with the main characters all dying before you know what happened.

A good KO is generally good for a fight that isn't aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The KO is a good bailout.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                      I thought I read somewhere that you were Warp?
                      Nah, I made a parody alt of his account once, though. By adding a period to the end of his username, and using his exact avatar, location, user title, and sig.

Had quite a lot of people fooled, too. Good times.

Comment

Working...
                      X