No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs JMM thread for active Lounge members

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    I am still in awe of how JMM was able to pull it off. I mean I thought in the 5th round that we were going to see a mercy stoppage in the next couple rounds. It goes to show you can never count JMM out. Man did he deliver! LOL

I wonder where the sport is going to look like in a year or two. Manny, JMM and Floyd will be gone. We really have no up and comers with star potential besides Broner IMO.

Now I feel like it's poetic justice if Floyd got his ass handed to him. Either by a two-fight losing streak Manny OR even better by someone else.

Gamboa, as flawed as he is can beat Broner IMO. I feel like Broner's entire game is imitation. Someone with some skills can give him real trouble. Broner shouldn't be the guy to carry the Boxing world as a Manny/Floyd type superstar. We need fresh, original blood, not a carbon copy of Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      I think it was the third round knockdown Marquez got on Pac ( I know, Captain Obvious) but the way he winded up, and floored him, I was confident in my bet.
      While I was happy as hell when that right hand landed because it validated my pre-fight claims and made my prediction a reality - I can't believe Manny got caught with that shot.

Forget the KO shot everybody is focusing on - That looping overhand right Marquez scored the first KD with should've been easily avoided, even with the great job he did at setting it up with the jab to the body as a distraction.

Comment

I was in shock tbh. Pac had the round in the bag, so careless to jump in with a few seconds left against a guy like JMM.

I had Pacquiao ahead by a couple of rounds, thought he looked good up till that point (aside from the 1st knockdown).

I couldn't get into the RBR thread on NSB for ages, it kept redirecting me to some other forum.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          I like this idea of yours, Cupo : Creating an "active lounge members only" post fight discission thread after the big fights.

It's nice to discuss boxing with the regular crew and not have to read a bunch of "p*ctard" this and "fl*mo" that. You have my full support to do this every big fight night, and if I'm here at the time, I'll remove the posts from anybody who's not an active-duty lounge rat.
          Will do. I always have a lot I wanna say after Big fights. But trying to compete for the readers attention over at NSB post fight threads just isn't worth it. I'm sure others feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Now I feel like it's poetic justice if Floyd got his ass handed to him. Either by a two-fight losing streak Manny OR even better by someone else.

Gamboa, as flawed as he is can beat Broner IMO. I feel like Broner's entire game is imitation. Someone with some skills can give him real trouble. Broner shouldn't be the guy to carry the Boxing world as a Manny/Floyd type superstar. We need fresh, original blood, not a carbon copy of Floyd.
            Time will tell where Broner ends up. I mean he has to be better than imitation alone as he would not have made it this far. I'm not calling him a star yet, but he is showing signs of star potential. He is showing signs of being very well rounded in his last few fights. What I want to see though is another super aggressive guy like Manny come along, who can leave viewers in awe. Manny has so many haters, but nobody in the past 10 years has created as many new fans as he has. Floyd always brought out the casual fans, but Manny always created the buzz.

Comment

Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
              I was in shock tbh. Pac had the round in the bag, so careless to jump in with a few seconds left against a guy like JMM.

I had Pacquiao ahead by a couple of rounds, thought he looked good up till that point (aside from the 1st knockdown).
              I remember exactly what I was thinking when that 10 second alert sounded off. I was thinking, "don't jump in Manny and let him do his counter flurries to steal the round". And then he jumped in. Yet it never occurred to me that he was actually gonna land a KO shot. Shocking to say the least.

Sidenote: In the future should he fight JMM again, Manny needs to lay off throwing hooks or any looping punches, whether they're short and crisp or wide. And stick to throwing straight shots. Jab, straight left, stay on the outside, bob and weave with his hands up like he did for the most part, and step back whenever JMM comes at him (which isn't often. I took me a while to notice that JMM sucks unless Pacquiao is trying to storm him. The exception being that right hand he managed to land from the outside.).

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                Will do. I always have a lot I wanna say after Big fights. But trying to compete for the readers attention over at NSB post fight threads just isn't worth it. I'm sure others feel the same way.
                Absolutely.

Most of us lounge rats don't post in NSB anymore, anyway. So this is a nice way to discuss boxing but do so without having to deal with an endless parade of excuse-making and fighter-bashign piss pots.

Comment

As soon as I saw Marquez taking flush shots on his broken nose I thought Pac was going to TKO him...I was wrong.

Was rooting for Marquez though, FOTY.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                    As soon as I saw Marquez taking flush shots on his broken nose I thought Pac was going to TKO him...I was wrong.

Was rooting for Marquez though, FOTY.
                    I honestly would've preferred if Marquez was just straight up outboxing him and then knocked him out. That would've been closure. The fact that Manny finally figured it out and had tangible success that he could carry over into the other rounds makes it that much it that much worse. The hysterics over at NSB are calling for Manny's retirement. Yes, if he was getting outboxed and caught with everything and anything like in the last fight.

Now there is nothing else but the 5th fight, if JMM still wants it. I'd imagine he has no interest in it anymore other then money and I assume he would ask for a substantial increase in pay for the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                      What compounded the punch to a KO level was that Pac fully committed all his body weight when he jumped in .. making the punch that much more powerful.
                      It was a beautiful, compact punch, regardless.
                      Great fight, and at last, we have a clear result beyond doubt.

I thought Pac would keep a cautious distance, after having
                      gotten some close-in profit in the 5th... and wait for only the
                      richest opportunities, but he went all-in, at almost every iffy
                      opening that came up in the 6th.

Folks wanted a fight with all guns blazing, and they got it.
                      Congrats to Marquez and his fans!

Comment

Working...
                      X