No announcement yet.

What do you think of sport hunting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
    I think we're part of the food chain and if you hunt and eat what you kill that's your business. The morality of it is better than factory farm ****. But outside of that I don't get it. Like hunting something you wouldn't eat so you can put the head on the wall or whatever? Kinda psycho-azzed idea is that?

"Check it, I killed this moose so I could always have its giant dead head in my living room."

"Yo that's great man. What age did you become sick in your mind?"

I agree it's not a sport anyway. Neither is fishing.
    Hunting specific game animals with the many tactics to do so isnt a sport....but Nascar, bull fighting, and horse racing are? Also you make a good point about taxidermy, its good to know you dont have any leather products....
    Its more humane to hunt a wild animal in the enviorment it inhabits for food then to get your meat from animals living a life of nothingness awaiting their day of slaughter.

Comment

• I don't think anyone kills a moose and doesn't use the meat. Whether they mount it or not.

I mean even the dudes who pay tons of money to go shoot elephants give the meat to the locals.

I think what people are confusing is the difference legally hunting conservatively under strict regs that helps the eco system and brings revenue to it and the area rather then poachers and people killing off species in Africa.

If you are against the latter. 99.9% of hunters are right there with you. If you are just against hunting in general I find you odd. Because unless you are a vegetarian you are supporting a cruel way of treating animals in general. If you are a vegetarian then you have a strong stance on it but one I disagree with. And that's fine. People have differing opinions.
      Last edited by Da Machine; 02-05-2015, 02:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
        I don't think anyone kills a moose and doesn't use the meat. Whether they mount it or not.

I mean even the dudes who pay tons of money to go shoot elephants give the meat to the locals.

I think what people are confusing is the difference legally hunting conservatively under strict regs that helps the eco system and brings revenue to it and the area rather then poachers and people killing off species in Africa.

If you are against the latter. 99.9% of hunters are right there with you. If you are just against hunting in general I find you odd. Because unless you are a vegetarian you are supporting a cruel way of treating animals in general. If you are a vegetarian then you have a strong stance on it but one I disagree with. And that's fine. People have differing opinions.
        I think you mean vegan

Comment

• Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
          I think you mean vegan
          No - both vegetarian, and vegan abstain from eating any animal flesh.

The difference is vegans refrain from eating all animal byproducts such as dairy, and eggs. While vegetarians don't necessarily avoid eating dairy, or eggs.

But a vegetarian would be on the same moral stance as a vegan in protesting the killing of animals.

Comment

• Comment

• sport hunting is legal. helps population control. it also puts food on the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
                sport hunting is legal. helps population control. it also puts food on the table.
                I see this argument...

I used to deer hunt a lot - but for the meat - not to stuff a trophy. IMO, hunting your own food is MUCH more humane than how the animals die that make up your meats you buy at the store.

So unless you're a vegan, you really have no moral ground to tell a hunter he is cruel.

However, when it comes to hunting these exotic animals like Lions, Tigers, Elephants... I don't know... I understand the argument that the fees paid by rich people to hunt them, actually help support keeping them alive (and the meat is given to local tribes)... But still, why would anybody ever want to kill such a majestic beast like a Lion?

And you can argue that elephants are every bit as much sentient, and capable of feelings of loss, pain, etc. as humans are.

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
                  I see this argument...

I used to deer hunt a lot - but for the meat - not to stuff a trophy. IMO, hunting your own food is MUCH more humane than how the animals die that make up your meats you buy at the store.

So unless you're a vegan, you really have no moral ground to tell a hunter he is cruel.

However, when it comes to hunting these exotic animals like Lions, Tigers, Elephants... I don't know... I understand the argument that the fees paid by rich people to hunt them, actually help support keeping them alive (and the meat is given to local tribes)... But still, why would anybody ever want to kill such a majestic beast like a Lion?

And you can argue that elephants are every bit as much sentient, and capable of feelings of loss, pain, etc. as humans are.
                  i dont hunt (never held a gun in my life) and i love animals (the cuddly ones you find in disney movies) so i dont have a proverbial ''horse'' in this debate.

if its legal, then its legal and morals dont, or shouldnt, come into play. when it comes to animals becoming extinct, well, they shouldnt have been born animals.

Comment

• Comment

• Poetic justice

Hunter impaled by antler of elk he just killed

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/08...ilderness.html

Comment

Working...
                      X