Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share us your Playstation 1 memories when it was popular back in the day...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spyro

Crash Bandicoot

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

NFS 3 Hot Pursuit

Gran Turismo

Tomb Raider

That game with the cars that had weapons on them. That game was so damn fun. I was the ice cream truck named Sweet Tooth

Probably tons of others that I'm forgetting.

Comment

Playing final fantasy 7-9 while smoking tons of weed.

Playing xmen while playing Nine Inch Nails CDs in the background and smoking tons of weed.

Playing Cool Boarders 3 on my Playstation at my buddy's trailer, while drinking and smoking tons of weed.

Playing Tekken 3 at my other buddy's trailer on his machine, with a bunch of other dudes, and smoking tons of weed.

Playing Grand Turismo at my buddy's house, while smoking tons of weed.

Comment

Also, playing Crash Bandacoot on Christmas, with my sister, right after unwrapping the thing, and right after me and her got done smoking a bowl behind the shed.

Comment

Ah yes, who could forget Resident Evil.
          Last edited by Drunken Cat; 11-27-2012, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Too many great memories to share, but it's worth noting that I ****ing hated the uber-popular 'Tomb Raider' series, since it (the 2nd one, specifically) has been mentioned multiple times in this thread.

I could never get into it. The controls were so ****ing clunky and unresponsive that they drained any and all entertainment value I would've gotten out of the game had they not been there, and by comparison, they made the controls in the original 'Resident Evil' PS1 titles look sleek and smooth by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              Too many great memories to share, but it's worth noting that I ****ing hated the uber-popular 'Tomb Raider' series, since it (the 2nd one, specifically) has been mentioned multiple times in this thread.

I could never get into it. The controls were so ****ing clunky and unresponsive that they drained any and all entertainment value I would've gotten out of the game had they not been there, and by comparison, they made the controls in the original 'Resident Evil' PS1 titles look sleek and smooth by comparison.
              I thought I was the only one.

I hated TR for the same exact reason and immediately lost interest after a few days of playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post

I hated TR for the same exact reason and immediately lost interest after a few days of playing it.
                I also did not like TR. Ditto more or less.

Comment

I never really heard of the series until the sequel dropped and immediately blew up. I remember dudes at my school telling me how sick it was - How you'd be fighting bengal tigers in one level, then great white sharks in another : Needless to say I was ****ing sold.

I started saving and rushed out to drop 50 clams on it the moment I had enough to purchase it, came home, and before the tutorial level even finished at Lara's mansion I immediately felt the crushing disappointment.

I ended up trading it to some 'Tomb Raider' 'tard in my English class for a few other cheaper but more enjoyable titles like 'Syphon Filter', 'Twisted Metal 2', and one or two others I can't recall.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    I never really heard of the series until the sequel dropped and immediately blew up. I remember dudes at my school telling me how sick it was - How you'd be fighting bengal tigers in one level, then great white sharks in another : Needless to say I was ****ing sold.

I started saving and rushed out to drop 50 clams on it the moment I had enough to purchase it, came home, and before the tutorial level even finished at Lara's mansion I immediately felt the crushing disappointment.

I ended up trading it to some 'Tomb Raider' 'tard in my English class for a few other cheaper but more enjoyable titles like 'Syphon Filter', 'Twisted Metal 2', and one or two others I can't recall.
                    I remember that feeling of "wtf did I just buy"? After 2-3 days of trying to figure out how to jump and climb and ****.

I remember scrambling around in circles tryna properly aim my guns at this stupid tiger. Seriously, shooting a tiger in real life aint this hard.

Talk about overrated, I'm thinking these video game geeks who rate this stuff just saw some nice 32 bit t*tties and just hyped this game up.

Comment

I remember that feeling of "wtf did I just buy"? After 2-3 days of trying to figure out how to jump and climb and ****.

I remember scrambling around in circles tryna properly aim my guns at this stupid tiger. Seriously, shooting a tiger in real life aint this hard.

Talk about overrated, I'm thinking these video game geeks who rate this stuff just saw some nice 32 bit t*tties and just hyped this game up.
                      I don't think you're that far off in that assumption.

At least 75% of the guys whom I knew were fans of the series were geeky mother****ers who, on at least one occasion each, made comments about Lara being 'hot'.

'Fear Effect 2' was another PS1 game like that. I never actually played it myself because it never appealed to me, but from what I understand based on discussions at the time, it had a lesbian protagonist in it, and every geek in school was busting a nut over it.

Comment

Working...
                      X