No announcement yet.

Atheist pwns a couple of ******s on Faux News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the_ilest View Post
    It has been known of me, to let my pride take over. In several instances I always lean towards mockery. But as a Man that has studied history. I realize that those that mock religion are always right in the future. Mockery is the first step to ending a religion.
    Past religions have died out not because of mockery, but because those religions have been proven false by science. Mockery can be done by anyone over any subject, and is usually due to ignorance and self-righteousness.

Why mock religious belief when you can just explain why you disbelieve?
    You wouldnt mock a child if they said something wrong. You would explain why they are wrong and try to add to their understanding.

In the same way we should offer shelter to others if there is a storm coming, maybe we should offer knowledge to those who lack it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      When Bringer said earlier that he believes all people that are part of the religion are part of a bigger problem, and thats why he is so hostile towards religion, it made sense to me. Yet all i ever see from atheists when discussing religion is mockery and insults.
      I think its counter-productive to ay the least. It only makes the religious fanatics bury their heads deeper in the sand, and portrays atheism is having more arrogance than sense. Attacking them only makes them more defensive. I see it them same as trying to get knots out of a ball of string. Being all aggressive only makes the knots tighter. Promoting science and reason is better than just attacking religion. If they think atheists are assholes, why would they want to be one?
      There are professional Atheists out there who have devoted a great deal of their life/time/effort in Academia to debate Religion and promote Atheism. And the best develop effective ways in getting their points across. Some with a little more sting, others more tolerant yet effective at the same time. None of this reaches the average believer.

The average Joe-Atheist doesn't need to do that. Especially if you're surrounded by religious folk that are so into their faith that you wouldn't even know where to begin in talking to them about God Vs No God. Add insult to injury in the way they wrongly perceive what an Atheist is, and one has no choice but get into Mock Mode OR cower and avoid the subject altogether. Which is what I do for the most part outside of the internet, to avoid conflict at work.

It would take a great deal of effort on my part, without any compensation, to respectfully take on the Religious in a serious way. I'd rather just mock them and get some satisfaction out of it. But yet I do neither, except on the Internet. Perhaps a One_Atheist sockpuppet account would be in order, but that wouldn't be too contrarian of me, seeing how everyone is Agnostic/Atheist around here.

Comment

If prayer does bring comfort to people who believe then what the **** are atheists problem with that?

Probably mocking the people who pray does bring comfort to these atheist. That is so sad.

Comment

As an atheist myself, IMO David Silverman is a fucking cunt. Good luck to those who are staying and praying, I'm just getting the fuck outta there.

Comment

of course there are idiots out there, what the **** is your point you useless biggot.....

Comment

That Fox News Brit twat is such an annoying fat fuck face ****.

Comment

Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
                That Fox News Brit twat is such an annoying fat fuck face ****.
                You can almost smell the smug coming off the screen because of him.

Comment

such bollockness

Comment

That stupid blonde in the video is Tracy Byrnes.

Here is another video of her getting owned by Manly Man Marc Rudov

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                      It comes down to a lack of understanding. It was a simple question, and could be answered simply. I dont see it as a question that is insulting because there are many people who really dont understand the atheists position. Maybe they asked him on their show to ridicule him, but that is easily delt with with a tiny bit of common sense and maturity. You dont go down to a childs level when talking to them, u lead by example.
                      We all know there are many religious people who arent very bright, and they are also interested in what atheists do in times of crisis. We just can explain it to them.
                      I don't buy that it's a lack of understanding. There's literally nothing different from an atheist and a person of faith other than the aforementioned presence of faith. It's a trolling question, as insulting to an atheist as asking "how do atheists tie their shoes?"

I already covered leading by example in my previous post. We've tried that, and as pointed out, many of us still do by lecturing and engaging in public debates at universities all across the country. Nobody is listening.

Like i said, if they interrupted, he asks to finish. If he is yelled at, he keeps calm and makes their telling look even more stupid. He wouldnt of been cut off if he had just answered simply. Because he would have given them no bait for a big shouty argument, which is what they wanted.

Atheists now have a voice. Bit it is the tone of that voice and the words chosen that counts. I can appreciate Dawkins and Hitchens being outspoken and rocking the boat to make an impact, and getting people talking. But now i believe, the worst thing we can do is to become like the annoying preachers we despised. We cant talk about a civilised society, reason and intelligence whilst acting uncivilised and unreasonable, because it isnt intelligent. We are creating a deeper divide between religious and non-religious because we are attacking and they are defending. Those knots are only becoming tighter.
                      You honestly believe that by being reasonable, understanding, and civil in a debate with a group of people who are anything but we can reach a goal of mutual respect? It seems we've reached an impasse, good sir.

Comment

Working...
                      X