Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atheist pwns a couple of ******s on Faux News

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They actually seem upset at the possibility that they're being 'mocked'. It's as if they realise that there is no invisible man in the sky but are just too scared to accept it.

Comment

I especially liked the way the lead anchor closed the segment by going : 'Good luck with your candles and batteries....' as if his praying is somehow a superior preparation plan.

Yeah, **** you Atheist guy who believes in being prepared before a natural disaster. You take your candles, batteries, and water and I'll take my meaningless words to a nonexistant deity and let's see who wins.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        I especially liked the way the lead anchor closed the segment by going : 'Good luck with your candles and batteries....' as if his praying is somehow a superior preparation plan.

Yeah, **** you Atheist guy who believes in being prepared before a natural disaster. You take your candles, batteries, and water and I'll take my meaningless words to a nonexistant deity and let's see who wins.

looooooooooooooooooool

Comment

the best bit was easily

"so do drugs"

so quick as well, instant retort.

Comment

and also LOL

"no part of this looks like keeping your eyes open" *bows in prayer*

Comment

1.) That's because she's a typical religious ****** whose ideas are inconsistent with her beliefs.

2.) He had to be condescending and intolerant, otherwise he wouldn't have managed to get a single word in during that conversation. They'd have just talked over him and cut him off like the way they do every guest of an opposing view.

Kudos to him for not cowering on his beliefs and attempting to 'make nice' with that group of dunces for the sake of airtime.
              Actually I disagree on the second point. He did not have to be condescending or intolerant but chose to do so to get attention and probably the main reason he is on the show to begin with.

What the lady said was 100% true, in that prayer does in fact give comfort to millions of people. Now whether or not it works or there or isn't a god is inconsequential.

Prayer does bring comfort in the same way talking to a close friend or loved on about an issue you may be having. Or thinking positive thoughts, or seeing a psychologist about an issue you are dealing with. None of them are guaranteed to work or even help, but it does bring comfort or at least makes you feel better.

I have no issue with Atheists, I just don't think people need to be condescending or insulting to those who do believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Actually I disagree on the second point. He did not have to be condescending or intolerant but chose to do so to get attention and probably the main reason he is on the show to begin with.

What the lady said was 100% true, in that prayer does in fact give comfort to millions of people. Now whether or not it works or there or isn't a god is inconsequential.

Prayer does bring comfort in the same way talking to a close friend or loved on about an issue you may be having. Or thinking positive thoughts, or seeing a psychologist about an issue you are dealing with. None of them are guaranteed to work or even help, but it does bring comfort or at least makes you feel better.

I have no issue with Atheists, I just don't think people need to be condescending or insulting to those who do believe.
                It's not really one way traffic...

The hosts were being condescending and acted like he was foolish and they had access to superior knowledge that he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  It's not really one way traffic...

The hosts were being condescending and acted like he was foolish and they had access to superior knowledge that he didn't.
                  I agree.....two wrongs don't make a right and if Atheists are coming from the logical, scientific point of view, don't you think it's childish to say the least to stop down to the level of people who believe in Santa Clause?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Prayer is essentially nothing more than an alternative form of psychotherapy. It's a vessel in which one gets to voice their concerns or focus on their problems in the presence of someone whom they think gives a ****.

Only in this case the person doesn't even exist and it costs you nothing.

On a personal level I'm sure prayer helps a lot of naive morons cope with the monotony and cruelty of daily life, but it doesn't actually change anything. It's nothing more than misguided escapism.

I prefer being condescending and insulting towards those who believe because A.) Religion is the main source of evil in the world, and B.) It's protectors and patrons are complicit in perpetuating said evils.

They may be naive in doing so, but that doesn't change the fact that they're willful enablers.

Comment

Prayer is essentially nothing more than an alternative form of psychotherapy. It's a vessel in which one gets to voice their concerns or focus on their problems in the presence of someone whom they think gives a ****.

Only in this case the person doesn't even exist and it costs you nothing.

On a personal level I'm sure prayer helps a lot of naive morons cope with the monotony and cruelty of daily life, but it doesn't actually change anything. It's nothing more than misguided escapism.

I prefer being condescending and insulting towards those who believe because A.) Religion is the main source of evil in the world, and B.) It's protectors and patrons are complicit in perpetuating said evils.

They may be naive in doing so, but that doesn't change the fact that they're willful enablers.
                      Well, prayer is what you said it is and whether or not it's to an imaginary person in the sky makes no difference. The important thing is the result it gives you. Ignorance is truly bliss and it's actually no different than meditation.

Religion is NOT the main source of evil in the world, that's false. Religion is a vessel that is used by evil men and people throughout history no doubt but it's not the source of it.

Men are evil inherently, I truly believe that and will use religion, government, different ideologies to push their agendas and get to where they want to go. Greed, hatred, discrimination, bigotry, power, lust all are the main contributors to the evil that men do.

When there was no religion, men where still committing horrible crimes against each other. I don't disagree that religion is a major factor in that but to say it's the main source of evil is not looking into the hearts of men.

Comment

Working...
                      X