No announcement yet.

Even Big Bird disagrees with Obama

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
    I hate the idea that just because someone has money they can buy their health. Everybody who functions in society has the right to healthcare.

You don't have this automatic right to healthcare and the Doctor's services.

What if a Doctor simply doesn't want to treat you? Are you telling me you have the right to force the Doctor to treat you for free? His services and his time are worth a lot of money. Performing hours long surgeries deserves compensation. Otherwise most of them may as well quit and let the ****ty doctors take charge for less money.

You pay for what you get. Otherwise we would all get the same...with long lists of people waiting for the same medical procedure or transplant. Fortunately not all would be lost. As even with a Single payer system, the richest among us who can afford it....would dance around it and just pay more on top of paying for insurance, and get the BETTER treatment and be FIRST in line for that treatment.

All you would do with a Govt. takeover is ruin healthcare even more for all of us. Nothing would improve.
    Last edited by One_Tycoon; 10-12-2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      I am one of those happily insured people. I have a nice insurance plan with a private company, where I have a 30 dollar copay. I'll be perfectly fine if something happens to me.

I do think government needs to get out of the way in certain areas more, but I think a crucial area like healthcare should be federally regulated, simply because the current system has been a failure. At worst, we should at least try out a federally regulated healthcare as Obama proposes. . . Let's give it a chance, and see how it works.

Insanity is doing the same thing over, and over again, and expecting different results.
      You're right. Same thing being that the Govt keeps getting involved in stuff and ruins it, and prices go up. So yeah....lets double up on that idea to pat each other on the back and feel good about ourselves. And like education, prices will sky rocket, the lines will be longer, the services will be ****tier.

Great idea.

Meanwhile some of us will still get great services because we will pay for the better treatment, the better doctors.
      Last edited by One_Tycoon; 10-12-2012, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X