No announcement yet.

Tipping is for chumps. Do NOT do it!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
    I used to work at this upscale restaurant in Maryland where we had this regular, a middle-aged asswipe who just refused to tip no matter how good the service was.

Well, 1 day he got really sick, we heard it was due to food poisoning.

Funny thing is, the poor guy didn't even suspect that our restaurant was the culprit.

He continued to be a regular after the incident but the staff felt really bad about what happened so they scaled it down to just spitting on his food.

You're joking, right?

Over not tipping? Spitting in the guy's food, or as you implied, worse?

Comment

I always tip.

Comment

Big talk coming from someone that doesn't even have a job.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
          there's this restaurant I go to here in Jersey and I always ask for the same waiter and all he did to get my attention was walk by put a beer on the table and pick up the empty mug with out asking me if I needed a refill, that to me is immaculate service...
          LOL, i would have been like "what the ****?".

He shouldn't be assuming what i want to drink next.

Comment

What a strange nation America is concerning tipping.

You're tipping for what reason exactly?

Because they're doing their job? Well done for doing your job, you're required to do this and you get a salary - but I'll give you some extra money cause it must be hard work jockeying plates around for a few hours a night.

I've worked long hours, in all kinds of weather for fuck all and I don't expect any sort of appraisal in a monetary form. What's really disturbing is Sigrab's story about spitting in someone's food.

If you go out of your way and I feel like I've had a good time because of the staff, then I'd tip. Re Jose's comment, that's not immaculate service. That's some automated, I don't care service. He doesn't even care what you want to drink next, he just brings you the same shit everytime he sees an empty glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
              I don't like the custom of tipping much.

But I follow the conventions of where ever I am.

No tipping in Japan though.
              +1.

But those of you that have worked in restaurants and not received a tip sound like horrible spiteful whores to put it frankly.

Oh he didn't tip me, so i'll purposefully go out of my way to make their meal a miserable experience next time...CLASSY.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Waiters get something like $3 an hour, so they rely on tips as their main income. If you don't want to tip, then don't eat at a sit down restaurant, it's that simple. Go and eat at McDonalds or somewhere that you have to get your own food.

If you don't tip, not only are you cheap but you are a low life. It will almost guarantee you someone rubbing their dick on your pancakes.
                What a strange creature you are.

You pay a restaurant for the meals they create. The waiters get paid to jockey it from the kitchen to your table.

Do you tip the UPS man or the post man?

It's nothing to do with being cheap, in my opinion. It's the principle of a customer rewarding an employee with a tip for their service. They have to do something to earn that, bringing my food to my table after asking what I want to order is standard.

Comment

Am I understanding this correctly?

If you work a job like a waiter/waitress in America, which is deemed a tip worthy, you don't receive a minimum wage?

Minimum wage is $7.25 in Kansas but if you get tips, it's $2.13. What an absolutely horrible system, instead of tampering with the customer's foods why don't you go to the government?

What a backward ass country.

Comment

Some **** is making this about Yankland vs UK, what a ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                      you are ignorant to the economics of restaraunts and a ****in' cheap bastard to boot. Many houses are still open because servers make less than 1/2 of minimum wage, labor is a huge cost in the restaraunts and by paying the servers as they do they are able to keep costs lower and in control enough that they may open the doors for your fat ass to come in, sit down and enjoy a good meal. The servers are basically there on an idividual contract with each table and they will take care of that table.

you want the restaraunts to pay servers atleast minimum wage? Many, many restaraunts would eventually close or raise the prices of the food to the point that you can't afford to go out and eat. Well, you'll be able to continue on as you generally do eating at the finest mcdonalds and burgerkings.

I worked in many different houses with many different levels of professionalism from basically the worst to the best. The only place that I made minimum wage was in an extremely fine houses.

You don't want to tip? I say F-you you cheap bastard. It's people like you who will drive the restaraunts to pay atleast minimum wage to its servers and then they will pass it on to you by charging you $15 for a hamburger.

Tip you ignorant bastard............. or better yet just keep going to mcdonalds or burger king.

And let me inform you of something. Do you believe that these servers forget you after you stiff them? Do it once and your o.k, the same if you do it twice. But stiff somebody 3 or more times in a row in the same restaraunts and word will get around between the servers.

You come in all dressed up with your lady hoping to treat her to an evening of pleasures. You begin your night with dinner and the hostess seats the two of you in my section. "Hey isn't that the cheap fuc...? Yup, its you with your lady.

I instiantly greet you with a smile and offer ****tails, your lady will have a fine glass of Chardonay and you choose a glass of water and a beer. I deliver the drinks and tell you that I will return shortly to take your orders. You wait, and wait.... Finally I return to find that you've drank all of your water, I say nothing. You order your meals and ask for another glass of water. I leave and take fine care of the tables that MIGHT TIP me properly. So you grab me as I walk by with a tray of hot food, wheres my water you say. I tell you that hot food must be delivered hot and I basically ignore you and carry one. After delivering the food I walk past your table and you tell me that your lady needs another glass of wine, I carry on taking care of those tables that MIGHT TIP. I completely avoid eye contact with you until I deliver your entrees. Wheres my ****ing water you say, and wheres her wine. I just smile and turn away again taking fine care of the other tables that might tip. I do not approach your almost finished with your entrees and deliver the wine and glass of water. When I clear your table I will not offer desert and I will place the check next to you and I will tell you that I will return shortly to take care of the check. Again you wait, and wait..... I get the check, settle the bill, return the change and then smile saying that I hope that you enjoyed your meals and to please come again soon and get away from you as fast as I can. You stiff me on a miserable experience while I get and extra $15, on top of the 15% from 2 of my tables for excellent for excellent service.

So by you ****ing me as a server and me ****ing you with ****ty service who comes out ahead. I do, by being able to ignore you for that time just gave me more time to properly take care of my other tables as I know how to.

You spend $70 on a meal that you hated, I made extra money being able to take care of TIPPING tables and not having to worry about your cheap ass or your woman at all.

You complain to a manager on your way out. That manager confronts me and I tell them that you stiff us waiters every time, other servers concur telling the manager the same thing. While corporate instructs the managers to punish you for such thing the manager will let it slide.

Moral of the story, don't **** on the servers too many times in the same houses, you will end up losing in a big way..........Rockin'

..............Rockin'
                      So waiters make less than minimum wage eh? That explains a lot.. Would never go over here though.

Comment

Working...
                      X