No announcement yet.

Tipping is for chumps. Do NOT do it!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    I understand but in America it's that way and don't you think cultures should be respected?
    Like I said earlier, I follow the conventions of where I am at. When I'm in the US, I tip. Actually, I don't have a huge problem with it, but it does make it more difficult to eat out. In Japan, most bars have table charges, which is also kind of an inconvenience. So actually, drinking at a bar and tipping is about the same as drinking at a bar here and paying a table charge in the end. I can also sort of understand the difference between a sit-down, multi-course meal, and the shops in Japan where they usually just bring you your food. The service is good in Japan, but it's also a lot less involved typically. Unless you go to a nice restaurant, in which case they get you on the bill anyway (though the food is likely phenomenal).

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
      Like I said earlier, I follow the conventions of where I am at. When I'm in the US, I tip. Actually, I don't have a huge problem with it, but it does make it more difficult to eat out. In Japan, most bars have table charges, which is also kind of an inconvenience. So actually, drinking at a bar and tipping is about the same as drinking at a bar here and paying a table charge in the end. I can also sort of understand the difference between a sit-down, multi-course meal, and the shops in Japan where they usually just bring you your food. The service is good in Japan, but it's also a lot less involved typically. Unless you go to a nice restaurant, in which case they get you on the bill anyway (though the food is likely phenomenal).
      I will tell you this, I have traveled a lot of places and in America its the best service I have encountered. I have never been to Japan though, but I'm dead serious in that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
        You're the type of person that gets their foot spat in.

this, You don't funk with the people who serve your food.

Comment

I would only tip if I got exceptional service, which you usually don't get

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            I will tell you this, I have traveled a lot of places and in America its the best service I have encountered. I have never been to Japan though, but I'm dead serious in that statement.
            Yeah, I agree the US has pretty good service.

In Japan, it's kind of a cultural thing. Like even at 7/11 or at a dive restaurant, they speak super politely and what not. Japan is sort of known for this sort of thing. It's actually a bit over the top. However, as far as at a restaurant and what not, it does amount to very good service.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi
              Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1520

Yeah, I agree the US has pretty good service.

In Japan, it's kind of a cultural thing. Like even at 7/11 or at a dive restaurant, they speak super politely and what not. Japan is sort of known for this sort of thing. It's actually a bit over the top. However, as far as at a restaurant and what not, it does amount to very good service.
              I have heard the Japanese are very polite. I have traveled to countries where the service is terrible. I don't know why
              Americans get such a bad rap, they are generally very polite.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Basic minimum wage works out at $10 per hour in the UK, so waiters get that regardless

In a pub you will pay around $15 for a burger, chips and coke.

Service is usually pretty crap in the uk. You serve me with average to crap service and you don't get anything from me, it's not your god given right to expect money from my wallet, but if you provide good service you will get 10%+

For all those culturally inexperienced folk who moan about non tippers, get your heads out your arses, come earn money in the UK, watch it exit your wallet faster then It goes in and then see if you want to tip some rude terrible service.
                In the USA I know things are different and I adapt when there , just understand things are different here
                Last edited by chav; 10-07-2012, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chav
                  Basic minimum wage works out at $10 per hour in the UK, so waiters get that regardless

In a pub you will pay around $15 for a burger, chips and coke.

Service is usually pretty crap in the uk. You serve me with average to crap service and you don't get anything from me, it's not your god given right to expect money from my wallet, but if you provide good service you will get 10%+

For all those culturally inexperienced folk who moan about non tippers, get your heads out your arses, come earn money in the UK, watch it exit your wallet faster then It goes in and then see if you want to tip some rude terrible service.
                  In the USA I know things are different and I adapt when there , just understand things are different here
                  If I'm in the UK then I would probably tip only if the service was great. Here in the United States tipping is required add a sit down restaurant where you're being served.

The thing is if I believe the tipping culture in America makes a lot of sense. It's almost always guarantees you very good service, because if you don't get good service then you will not tip.

Basically it comes down to culture you should always tip something here in the United States, typically 15 to 20 percent.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
                    I read it and I couldn't agree more. Awesome post rockin.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      oh wow...they still have full service gas stations in jersey? i dont remember any here in socal
                      Jersey and Oregon.

No self service in these states.

Comment

Working...
                      X