No announcement yet.

What is your religion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZeeBrah View Post
    I like to just groups all of those branches (along with Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, and all other people who believe in God or gods), and call them "idiots".
    I think it's idiocy to call somebody else an idiot for what they choose to believe in.

that's just me, though. I don't judge others because of what they believe, or don't believe in.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
      They all claim to be the right one.

Now either one of them is right or all of them are wrong.

If god was real, do you think he would have made it so complicated?

Lol. . He left a lottery ticket out, and those who guess the right numbers, is the WINRAR!

Others will burn in hell for all of eternity.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        I think it's idiocy to call somebody else an idiot for what they choose to believe in.
        How so? You don't think it'd be idiotic for a grown adult to believe in Santa Claus? The Easter Bunny? The Tooth Fairy? What is the difference?

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I do not infringe upon their rights, and they can waste their life praying to something that doesn't exist for all I care. However, I still look down on them and facepalm whenever I hear them reference their ancient sand tales.

Comment

How so? You don't think it'd be idiotic for a grown adult to believe in Santa Claus? The Easter Bunny? The Tooth Fairy? What is the difference?

the difference is because they place their faith in some sort of higher being, which is the general concept of their religion, just like the general concept of atheism is to reject god. but like you, and others have said, there are many different types of atheists, so there are many different types of jews, muslims, christians, etc. who don't believe in all the nonsense.

it simply doesn't bother me enough to judge them as idiots. If they find comfort in believing, then that's great.

Comment

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I do not infringe upon their rights, and they can waste their life praying to something that doesn't exist for all I care. However, I still look down on them and facepalm whenever I hear them reference their ancient sand tales.

Cool. I like a good joke or two about religion as well. As most religious people I know find it humrous as wel.

But not all religious people believe literally in those tales of talking snakes, and such.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
              Perhaps I should have worded the "athiest" option:

"I have no religious beliefs (athiest)" instead of just "athiest"
              No, because I have no religious beliefs and I'm not atheist. Atheism IS a religion because these people are actively categorising themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                *sigh* Atheism is not a religion.......
                Use to be.......now it is.

Comment

Imo, belief in a higher being is a cop out.

They look to the sky for answers as opposed to trying to figure out the answer themselves.

They have someone else to blame when **** goes wrong and someone to praise when things go right.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                    who don't believe in all the nonsense.
                    Believing in any sort of higher being is nonsense itself.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                      Imo, belief in a higher being is a cop out.

They look to the sky for answers as opposed to trying to figure out the answer themselves.

They have someone else to blame when **** goes wrong and someone to praise when things go right.

FOr some, yes, I agree.

But I don't think all religious people can be categorized as such.

Can't lump them all together.. . Just my opinion, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X