No announcement yet.

What is your religion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitler's Table Talk 1941-1944: Secret Conversations

An educated man retains the sense of the mysteries of nature and bows before the unknowable. An uneducated man, on the other hand, runs the risk of going over to atheism (which is a return to the state of the animal) as soon as he perceives that the State, in sheer opportunism, is making use of false ideas in the matter of religion, whilst in other fields it bases everything on pure science.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Thats not forcing a belief on someone; calling them dumb for believing in a floating dad who watches us masturbate

Look through out history at just about every religion and you'll see how religious beliefs are forced on people. I mean the bible says all non-christians are to be killed
      But there are also many cases in which religious people have been persecuted. I understand throughout history, and in the world today there is widespread religious fanaticism and a whole list of ****ed up things that religion must be held accountable for, yet i think it does work both ways.

In a way, when atheists choose to lower themselves and resort to ridicule and insults, they are forcing a belief on others. Their belief that religion is bad, wrong, or stupid. If they stuck to intelligent criticism i wouldnt have a problem with it. But it seems most of the time they prefer to use mockery to make believers in any form of god seem inferior. Seems like they are becoming as bad as the religious preachers.

Atheists cant proclaim themselves as intelligent, civilised, rationale etc whilst choosing condescending, belittling and quite juvenile language. They may say they treat religion with the disdain and disrespect it deserves, but imo they are only hardening the already dogmatic minds of the people they are trying to get through to.

The more arrogant and insulting atheists become, the harder religious people dig their heels in. The more they hate atheists, and the more they run away from seriously thinking about their own beliefs for fear of becoming an atheist.
      You dont beat sense into a child, you lead by example. It may sound softly softly, but i think attacking people you wish to convert is counter-productive. And if your not trying to convert them to a more rationale mindset, then you are just being an *******. Not the reasoned, intelligent, civilised person you like to think you are.

/rant.

Comment

• i'm more of an agnostic than anything....

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
            But there are also many cases in which religious people have been persecuted. I understand throughout history, and in the world today there is widespread religious fanaticism and a whole list of ****ed up things that religion must be held accountable for, yet i think it does work both ways.

In a way, when atheists choose to lower themselves and resort to ridicule and insults, they are forcing a belief on others. Their belief that religion is bad, wrong, or stupid. If they stuck to intelligent criticism i wouldnt have a problem with it. But it seems most of the time they prefer to use mockery to make believers in any form of god seem inferior. Seems like they are becoming as bad as the religious preachers.

Atheists cant proclaim themselves as intelligent, civilised, rationale etc whilst choosing condescending, belittling and quite juvenile language. They may say they treat religion with the disdain and disrespect it deserves, but imo they are only hardening the already dogmatic minds of the people they are trying to get through to.

The more arrogant and insulting atheists become, the harder religious people dig their heels in. The more they hate atheists, and the more they run away from seriously thinking about their own beliefs for fear of becoming an atheist.
            You dont beat sense into a child, you lead by example. It may sound softly softly, but i think attacking people you wish to convert is counter-productive. And if your not trying to convert them to a more rationale mindset, then you are just being an *******. Not the reasoned, intelligent, civilised person you like to think you are.

/rant.
            Yea by other religious people

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              I have no problem with people believing in god, its mainly religion that i dislike.
              This is a key point for me. Believe in a higher power by all means - I don't even think that's too ridiculous, but to do so through an organised religion is just utterly farcical.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Monk View Post
                This is a key point for me. Believe in a higher power by all means - I don't even think that's too ridiculous, but to do so through an organised religion is just utterly farcical.
                Exactly, I dont care if people believe in god. Organized religion on the other hand is completely ridiculous. According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world, basically of of which have their own rules, rituals and sacred texts which say that ONLY they are right. Many of these religions' sacred text also dont tolerate other religions and throughout history we have religious persecution going back and forth. Muslims still do this and have countries controlled by a manipulation of the quran. Christianity on the other hand doesnt have this leverage anymore to force or kill people because jut about no society will allow it

Comment

• An organised religion... like atheism.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
                    An organised religion... like atheism.
                    There's nothing organised about atheists Rizo.

Ps. WBA will piss all over the geordies in 3 weeks and i'll be there to see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Monk View Post
                      There's nothing organised about atheists Rizo.

Ps. WBA will piss all over the geordies in 3 weeks and i'll be there to see it.
                      Of course it's organised, it's far more organised than other religions.

You all have a common belief (faith) that there are no such thing as God(s). Just like other religions, you claim to posses a truth that no one else has.

Comment

Working...
                      X