No announcement yet.

What is your religion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, Russian, I see what you mean now.

I just don't see the difference between a religious person telling somebody else they are evil, and going to hell, etc., etc. than an atheist telling a religious person they are a "subhuman ******. . . who isn't worthy of my respect."

It's the same thing - religious people telling atheists they're wrong, and stupid, etc. and atheists telling religious peopel they're wrong, and stupid. . .

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      What are you talking about mate? You don't think there's plenty of religious people who have no problem with gay marriage? Lol, there's even a lot of christian gay people who have their own churches now. . .

A lot of our laws, and social policies have their roots in Anglo-Saxon religion, which of course is Christianity. . . They did after all found the country.

That has nothing to do with individual religious people. . . I know a lot of people who are against gay marriage, and hate gay people who are not even religious at all.

I don't know what you mean here. . . I agree with you - everybody has the right to believe what they want to believe, and if that includes following a religion, so be it. And NOBODY has the right to tell somebody else what to believe, and force their beliefs on somebody else.

As long as that person does not try to inhibit my beliefs, or my life, I'll grant them the same respect. . . Again, you just can't classify all religious people as the ones who are trying to force their beliefs on you.
      Well im speaking of mostly conservative, of which a large part is religious people

Any nobody is talking about individual people believing in god. Its when they get into these big groups called religions do they start forcing their beliefs on us.....and they STILL do

Now give me instances of how atheists "force" religion on others

Comment

Ok, Russian, I see what you mean now.

I just don't see the difference between a religious person telling somebody else they are evil, and going to hell, etc., etc. than an atheist telling a religious person they are a "subhuman ******. . . who isn't worthy of my respect."

It's the same thing - religious people telling atheists they're wrong, and stupid, etc. and atheists telling religious peopel they're wrong, and stupid. . .
        Thats not forcing a belief on someone; calling them dumb for believing in a floating dad who watches us masturbate

Look through out history at just about every religion and you'll see how religious beliefs are forced on people. I mean the bible says all non-christians are to be killed

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          I think all religion is manmade and thus fiction.

Nothing wrong with it. Psychological studies have shown that religious people are for the most part a small bit happier than those who are not. Good for them, but I just don't buy it.
          It's exactly the same as a placebo. It may make you happy, it may make you feel better, and it may even give you a better life but that doesn't make religion true. And if you use your faith to give yourself a better life, that's great! but it doesn't make it true.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Well im speaking of mostly conservative, of which a large part is religious people

Any nobody is talking about individual people believing in god. Its when they get into these big groups called religions do they start forcing their beliefs on us.....and they STILL do

Now give me instances of how atheists "force" religion on others

I wasn't talking about forcing beliefs. I should have clarified - I just meant "name calling," and not having respect for one another goes both ways equally. There's no difference from an atheist calling a christian a subhuman ******, then a christian telling an atheists they're going to rot in hell, and are stupid for not believing what they believe in.

I have heard many atheists say if it were up to them, religious people wouldn't be allowed to do certain things, nor would they recognize "religious" weddings, etc. . . It's just we're not a majority atheist nation, so there's no way to know if atheists would ever try to force anything on religious people.

Of course when you have a country that was founded by Christians, or Muslims, or Jews, you'll have laws, and policies that are influenced by these religions. That doesn't mean every religious person wants to force their beliefs on you. Most christians I've met don't believe there is an invisible man hovering over you as you whack off. They simply believe in the basic concepts like living a good life, doing more for others than you do for yourself, etc. . ANd yes, they believe God is responsible for "the universe."

I'm with you - **** any religious person who tries to force beliefs down your throat. . .

But it's just the way it is - Israel has certain laws, and policies that "force" you to do things based on Judaism. Saudia Arabia has laws that force islam. . And USA, and other western countries still have laws, and policies shaped by, and to an extent "force" Christianity upon the people. . You still can't say everybody who is religious is "forcing" their beliefs on you. . And for that, I don't think they deserved to be thought of as any less intelligent, or worthy of any less respect.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
              It's exactly the same as a placebo. It may make you happy, it may make you feel better, and it may even give you a better life but that doesn't make religion true. And if you use your faith to give yourself a better life, that's great! but it doesn't make it true.

I think that's exactly what Paulf said: Religion is manmade, and not true, but if somebody chooses to believe in it, good for them. . . It shouldn't matter at all.

I don't know if Paulf feels this way, but I don't think religious people should be ridiculed, and not deserving of respect. THere are plenty of religious people who are FAR more intelligent than atheists. NOTE: LOL, this doesn't mena I don't enjoy jokes at expense of religion! Even a lot of religious people like them.

You just can't lump every religious perosn together. . They ahve different beliefs too. Just like you can't lump every atheists together (which was explained earlier in this thread - they too - have different beliefs, and stances).

If I thouht somebody was "radically" religious, I admit, I would not want them to babysit my kids, nor would I vote for them, etc.

Comment

lol holy **** i've been tpying alot. . sorry for making you read that much. . .

it's aight if you don't read. . just skim it. . .

Comment

So are B-Hop, and Brother Nazim subhuman ******s?
                  Last edited by BostonGuy; 10-05-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I'm a Haitian Catholic.

Comment

• Why should I tell you, I don't want to be harassed by these bums around here.......

Comment

Working...
                      X