Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A? Obama or Romney?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arraamis View Post
    Even if a crash occurred during a potential Obama second term, he cannot be faulted for it. The same can be stated if Romney was elected and a crash occurs, G.W.Bush left a legacy, that will take decades to undo --If at all possible.

I'm a firm believer that a crash is inevitable {GDP < National Debt} + {Debt-based economy} = Massive Disaster.

But, the fact remains, Obama inherited one hell of a mess and to be honestly objective, one would have to admit, that this wasn't his fault alone -- He had plenty of help.
    Reread again and don't be a knee jerk reactionary. I clearly stated that it's not entirely his fault. But that he is part of the problem and not the solution. I also stated that guys like him never fail to use a crisis to push their Big Govt agenda.

If it happens under a Republican, a Bush-esque spin of things will happen and Capitalism/Greed will get the brunt of the blame (false premise) while the real cause never gets addressed (Big Govt.). Hence my hope that it happens under Obama, so they cannot spin it and say that Bush-esque deregulation (False premise.) caused it. The only way you make any sense in criticizing Bush is if you're 360 opposite of him, not by spending even more then he did while hiding behind the good ol..."we just need to Tax the rich a little more", okey doke line.

Anyway, why are you still responding to me...I thought we were done repeating the same lines to each other. I think I get your POV by now.
    Last edited by One_Tycoon; 10-10-2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden View Post
      I don't think you can constitute addressing the worst economic crisis in 80 years as THE major current political issue "fear mongering."

it is the very epitome of fear mongering.

People act like america is about to be downgraded to 3rd world status if president obama is re elected.

sure we are not doing well economically but its not as serious as republicans make it sound.

"oooohhh employment rate is at 8%, one more % and we are uganda."

please. economic fear mongering. that's the only chance republicans have. acting like the depression is coming or something. GTFO.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
        it is the very epitome of fear mongering.

People act like america is about to be downgraded to 3rd world status if president obama is re elected.

sure we are not doing well economically but its not as serious as republicans make it sound.

"oooohhh employment rate is at 8%, one more % and we are uganda."

please. economic fear mongering. that's the only chance republicans have. acting like the depression is coming or something. GTFO.
        If you use rampant hyperbole like that then you can make anything sound like fear mongering.

Comment

• That's just addressing the wrong issues. The unemployment rate isn't what will cause the U.S. to collapse. It's on the monetary front.

The Unemployment rate is subjective. Nowhere does it say that it has to be at 3% or 6% or 30%. We can have 0% Unemployment right away if the Government steps in like they did in the Soviet Union. But those checks would also quickly become worthless as a consequence as prices would sky rocket. People would have to look for other valuables to trade for food.

The monetary issue is the problem. We're on life support depending on other countries still using our currency.

But since people like to focus on jobs as the end-all, be-all. If the Free Market was even freer, we would add a lot more Private sector jobs (REAL jobs), with goods being made that can be sold to American consumers and also exported, thus shrink the trade deficit, thus real Economic growth....not the phony kind of spending borrowed money for a few percent of "GDP" growth. The Govt. depends on the Private Sector. The Private Sector is like a Horse and the Govt. rides off it's back. But eventually the weight will cause the legs of the Private sector horse to collapse, if you just keep riding it and keep riding it. More Public Sector jobs is not the answer. Those are not real jobs. Their salaries are being paid from Private Sector Tax-revenue and then some. When Obama says that guys like him need to pay more taxes, he is being disingenuous. His whole Presidential salary is a Tax. Him paying taxes is just a mirage. The Private-Sector rich guy who makes the same amount as the President, generates that revenue for the President's salary. Obama (or any president, public employee) takes that revenue and pay themselves. The more you take/drain from the private sector, the heavier those legs get.....and once the Private Sector goes....everything goes.

Comment

• final round... fight!!!!!

important debate tonight could decide the presidency...

Comment

final round... fight!!!!!

Romney doesn't have a chance tonight. What is he going to say? "Obama didn't know exactly what happened in Bengazi 10 minutes after it happened," or "Iran is going to kill us all if you don't elect me?"

Everything Romney says will be some made up BS.

Comment

final round... fight!!!!!

this debate is important to the undecided voter, I doubt it will change any voters minds if they already have their minds made up on who to vote...nevertheless its going to be a heated debate...

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
                  Romney doesn't have a chance tonight. What is he going to say? "Obama didn't know exactly what happened in Bengazi 10 minutes after it happened," or "Iran is going to kill us all if you don't elect me?"

Everything Romney says will be some made up BS.
                  I doubt its going to be that easy for Obama...

Comment

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    this debate is important to the undecided voter, I doubt it will change any voters minds if they already have their minds made up on who to vote...nevertheless its going to be a heated debate...
                    hey, what if i give you some points...will you vote for obama then?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                      hey, what if i give you some points...will you vote for obama then?
                      you live in Canada, why do you want me to vote for Obama?
                      throw in a phone too and we talk

Comment

Working...
                      X