Apple iPhone 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy S III

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by r ! zilient View Post
    excellent choice

what was the deciding factor in not getting the iphone 5? i too was due for an upgrade not too long ago, i got the S3 without much hesitation. my biggest decision was whether to get it marble white or pebble blue (i went with white, figured it'd be easier to accessorize)

I owned an iPhone 3G before and at the time it was the best phone hands down. i like the iPhone hardware wise but man, the os is so boring and stale to me i would get sick of it super fast. it's actually quite sad that i feel right at home using the latest iteration though i havent had an iphone in almost 4 years

S3 all day, baby. I almost waited for the Note II but didnt want to risk being stuck with a phone that would eventually prove itself to be too cumbersome.
    I can't wait to see Samsung bring the heat next year with the S4 and the Note III
    Im convinced this phone was slipped under the pillow of the head hancho at samsung by God himself. This phone is that gotdamm awesome.

And catchin a sightin of you R!zzle is like getting the hybrid SG5-HTC-iPhone 35 with the phone jack attached underneath in the crack of a midget's ass. How you been bruh?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
      Im convinced this phone was slipped under the pillow of the head hancho at samsung by God himself. This phone is that gotdamm awesome.

And catchin a sightin of you R!zzle is like getting the hybrid SG5-HTC-iPhone 35 with the phone jack attached underneath in the crack of a midget's ass. How you been bruh?
      i'm good my brother! i have my girls tonight, they're asleep now so i'm just chillin, browsin the web. how have you been? we don't see each other much anymore man. i remember that pic i sent of you of the crow royal glass a loooong time ago

Comment

i'm good my brother! i have my girls tonight, they're asleep now so i'm just chillin, browsin the web. how have you been? we don't see each other much anymore man. i remember that pic i sent of you of the crow royal glass a loooong time ago
        That is damn good to hear my man. Im glad that you got the princess' and are chillin in the comfy confines of your most humble abode bruh. If I coulda still rocked that pic in my sig mah homie, it would be right there, but the pic stopped workin so I had to move around. Whenever I see you've posted I think about that pic and the good ass times we all used to have here.

And just know I got a glass of Crown right here next to the laptop as we speak.

Say have you seen that show Boardwalk Empire? My crazy ass is hooked on that show, got Mrs. Chief on it too.

Comment

excellent choice

what was the deciding factor in not getting the iphone 5? i too was due for an upgrade not too long ago, i got the S3 without much hesitation. my biggest decision was whether to get it marble white or pebble blue (i went with white, figured it'd be easier to accessorize)

I owned an iPhone 3G before and at the time it was the best phone hands down. i like the iPhone hardware wise but man, the os is so boring and stale to me i would get sick of it super fast. it's actually quite sad that i feel right at home using the latest iteration though i havent had an iphone in almost 4 years

S3 all day, baby. I almost waited for the Note II but didnt want to risk being stuck with a phone that would eventually prove itself to be too cumbersome.
          I can't wait to see Samsung bring the heat next year with the S4 and the Note III
          The deciding factor in the end for me was basically the memory and price. I got more bang for my buck with the GS3. The cheapest iPhone 5 is like $650 plus tax with just 16GB and no expandable memory. I can't do that ****. I have music, movies, pictures and videos of my kids and with a good camera best believe more videos were coming on my phone. I already had a 32GB external SD card so that was basically the last deciding factor for me. The GS3 gave me a better deal for my money and I'm glad I did it. The only concern I had for it was wireless radio because I had the S2 with a bad wireless radio on a terrible network. But I've been very impressed by the GS3 wireless radio, I can get signal in fringed/bad areas as I did with my previous Razr Maxx which I didn't expect the GS3 would be able to do considering Samsung didn't make the best radios compared to Motorola. In some ways the GS3 has a better radio because the Wi-Fi range is better than my previous Motorola.

The GS3 is a beast and I don't regret it at all!! I'm still blown away on how great the screen display is. Battery life has been decent. Coming from the Maxx I was skeptical but it hasn't been too bad so far. The next big thing is already here!! And that's the GS3! You know how some phones are promoted and marketed very well but it's never as good as people hype it up to be? In my opinion the GS3 does live up to the hype and then some more.

Comment

woaw looks like no place for an iPhone use here, anyways iphone fans will always be loyal and no matter what apple comes up wth, it will be a success!

Comment

Originally posted by Thank Me Later View Post
              The deciding factor in the end for me was basically the memory and price. I got more bang for my buck with the GS3. The cheapest iPhone 5 is like $650 plus tax with just 16GB and no expandable memory. I can't do that ****. I have music, movies, pictures and videos of my kids and with a good camera best believe more videos were coming on my phone. I already had a 32GB external SD card so that was basically the last deciding factor for me. The GS3 gave me a better deal for my money and I'm glad I did it. The only concern I had for it was wireless radio because I had the S2 with a bad wireless radio on a terrible network. But I've been very impressed by the GS3 wireless radio, I can get signal in fringed/bad areas as I did with my previous Razr Maxx which I didn't expect the GS3 would be able to do considering Samsung didn't make the best radios compared to Motorola. In some ways the GS3 has a better radio because the Wi-Fi range is better than my previous Motorola.

The GS3 is a beast and I don't regret it at all!! I'm still blown away on how great the screen display is. Battery life has been decent. Coming from the Maxx I was skeptical but it hasn't been too bad so far. The next big thing is already here!! And that's the GS3! You know how some phones are promoted and marketed very well but it's never as good as people hype it up to be? In my opinion the GS3 does live up to the hype and then some more.
              glad you saw the light, i was trying to explain it but you really need to use it for yourself

Comment

It's not like I didn't know the S3 was a hot device, I knew it was top notch!! I just wanted to research other options too since we pay so much for our phones.

Comment

Originally posted by maenyfresh View Post
                  woaw looks like no place for an iPhone use here, anyways iphone fans will always be loyal and no matter what apple comes up wth, it will be a success!
                  They failed on their maps and I heard some people lost like YouTube app upgrading to iOS 6? That happened to my sister in law and some of her friends.

Comment

I recorded some video today and wow! The GS3 camera is still impressing me. I've recorded videos with 3 other phones that had 8MP camera's and 1080p HD recording. Those videos look like sh!et compared to the GS3 video. Just to make sure I watched it on my laptop and it's legit.

Comment

Part 1

Part 2

Comment

Working...
                      X