Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on in here

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      some of the best recorded interactions between modern civilisation and what could be viewed as representations of our ancestors occurred in Papua New Guinea as Australians, Germans and British explored the valleys and plateau’s of the interior.

We found countless new tribes, some, agricultural, some hunter-gatherers.

In one encounter, some Australian’s warned their new friends that the next day more white men would fly into the area, so that they weren’t scared by the aircraft. The Papuan’s didn’t react with surprise. When asked why they responded; “Well of course you can fly, you can make fire come from your fingers.”
      Lol I don't know what that means but my grandfather was there they used to trade tribesman chocolate bars for every japanese head they could bring them. I have pictures some of them were cannibals and head hunters.

Comment

• What I find interesting is that the vast majority have no concept of what evolution is or what it entails.

Evolution = change over time. For anyone to think that humans, animals etc don't change over time shows a level of ignorance.

Also most people confuse evolution with speciation. The later involves the evolutionary process of new species forming from existing species. For example the classic Man evolving from the great Ape hypothesis.

While you can debate speciation, you cannot debate evolution. Humans as well as others organisms etc have and are continuing to change. We are getting taller, living longer, developing resistance to diseases etc.
        Last edited by Khalid X; 06-21-2013, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid Muhammad
          This person actually knows what he is talking about.
          A scientific theory is called a theory because it is always open to change if new evidence is found.

Gravity is a theory. But no one would dispute gravity is real.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            I don't know what you're looking for. Most of the "mysteries" are a consequence of ignorance or magical thinking. Considering that most people who talk about "mysteries" think that the answer to them is that technologically advanced alien races travelled hundreds of light years from distant star systems to earth and celebrated their journey by building pointy monuments made out of rock, I don't know what extraordinary evidence you're looking for me to provide.
            lol we are not even half as advanced as an alien race would need to be to come here and we won't even lift a rock. For What? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
              A scientific theory is called a theory because it is always open to change if new evidence is found.

Gravity is a theory. But no one would dispute gravity is real.
              I agree with you.

When I was quoting that guy it wasn't in response to that particular reply, rather me reading the last couple of pages of this thread and saying he knows what he is talking about, based off of the replies he has made in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury View Post
                That's simply not true. What you've done here is no better than saying "aliens"

There is no way that man power alone could pull 100 tonne stones and then you say they pulled them up ramps! How many men could possibly be positioned around these stones? They may have had tens of thousands of men but that doesn't make it possible.
                With a big enough lever u can move a mountain

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                  horizons... all the other bodies in the sky not being flat... etc... etc...
                  Last edited by Enayze; 06-21-2013, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                    aka bollocks.
                    And I presume that if you lived in the Middle Ages you would have been one of the wise sages who would argue for a round earth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid Muhammad View Post
                      What I find interesting is that the vast majority have no concept of what evolution is or what it entails.

Evolution = change over time. For anyone to think that humans, animals etc don't change over time shows a level of ignorance.

Also most people confuse evolution with speciation. The later involves the evolutionary process of new species forming from existing species. For example the classic Man evolving from the great Ape hypothesis.

While you can debate speciation, you cannot debate evolution. Humans as well as others organisms etc have and are continuing to change. We are getting taller, living longer, developing resistance to diseases etc.
                      yeah but a lot of that is because of lessons learned from older generations. The brains we have today are the exact same brains they had 5000 years ago

Comment

Working...
                      X