Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take CONVINCE PEOPLE that GOD/RELIGION IS NOT REAL?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
    Smart was the wrong word. You were trying to be a jackass when Dean didnt even have that kind of tone, no need to sugar coat it.

Read his quote again and try to get it. Its really cut and dry man. Im not about to argue this stupid Atheist, Darwin,Stephen Hawking, Christian, Muslim shyt anymore its old news so you wont get much from me.

But I'll give you this when I read that I clearly saw that he was basically saying there is no difference with the people who follow science and the people who follow Religion. Either way you are putting your faith in something to make sense of the world around you.

Its not that hard to understand. Stop being nit picky.
    That's what I was trying to explain there is a difference a huge difference in fact. Science is ever changing and ever growing, things that are accepted in science today may be disproved in the future. Religions are set in stone there is no room to maneuver take Christianity for example the bible is the bible it's been that way for 2000 years it will not change it's gods word and that's the end of it.

And also for someone who admittedly doesn't care for this subject you are spending a lot of time in this thread.
    Last edited by -Lowkey-; 09-21-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
      cant believe nobody in here believes in a creator will all this creation we see everyday

I don't rule our some sort of powerful, crazy intelligent creator.

I can see sense in both a creator, and evolution (and big bang, and other scientific theories). But the two don't have to be mutually exclusive: You can have a creator, and evolution, and science to explain other phenomena.

Really, we don't know ****. All we can do is speculate. ANd I think it's fun to postulate different theories, and discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
        That's what I was trying to explain there is a difference a huge difference in fact. Science is ever changing and ever growing, things that are accepted in science today may be disproved in the future. Religions are set in stone there is no room to maneuver take Christianity for example the bible is the bible it's been that way for 2000 years it will not change it's gods word and that's the end of it.

And also for someone who admittedly doesn't care for this subject your spending a lot of time in this thread.

i do agree with this here. it's iimpotant to distinguish between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
          da phuck are you even talking about? who cares? he offered his viewpoint and you come back to him with dictionary meanings?
          He is saying religious people and people who follow science are two of the same I was trying to explain how different they are, and if you don't care don't quote me.

Comment

And also for someone who admittedly doesn't care for this subject your spending a lot of time in this thread.
            So because the Bible is book and science is "ever changing" means that the Bible is completly invalid. LMFAO.

Thats just grand.

Cmon man. To each their own. Good Lord. (No pun intended)

Comment

So because the Bible is book and science is "ever changing" means that the Bible is completly invalid. LMFAO.

Thats just grand.

Of course the bible is invalid it's a scripture written 2000 years ago my men who had nowhere near the understanding and knowledge we have of the universe today.

I personally don't take the bible seriously at all and I have often made fun of its content.

Comment

Of course the bible is invalid it's a scripture written 2000 years ago my men who had nowhere near the understanding and knowledge we have of the universe today.

I personally don't take the bible seriously at all and I have often made fun of its content.
                I can tell you have never read the Bible. So that makes our talk invalid.

G'day.

Comment

Thats just grand.

Tell me why you believe Christianity to be true

Comment

I can tell you have never read the Bible. So that makes our talk invalid.

G'day.
                    Wait so you are disagreeing with the fact that we have more knowledge of the universe and how our planet came to be today than men 2000 years ago?

I have never read the bible cover to cover and I don't see how that is relevant as I'd hazard a guess that most Christians haven't read the bible from cover to cover so explain how that is relevant?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                      Wait so you are disagreeing with the fact that we have more knowledge of the universe and how our planet came to be today than men 2000 years ago?

I have never read the bible cover to cover and I don't see how that is relevant as I'd hazard a guess that most Christians haven't read the bible from cover to cover but how is that relevant?
                      Haha that's hilarious. Claiming you haven't read the Bible because you said we know more than we did 200 years ago!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X