No announcement yet.

UK Homeowner Arrested After Suspected Burglars Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    A loud alarm system with flashing lights would scare most intruders away. Those who stay deserve to get shot.
    Not everyone can afford an alarm system, they are very expensive, need to be installed and need to be maintained.

I just can't understand the people that keep making these hypothetical examples of what people should do.

"Just leave your house" - What if you can't or live on the 4th floor of a building?

"Get an alarm" - what if you can't afford one?

"Find out what they want first" - What if they don't want to tell you? lol

Basically, do everything you can to not shoot them, even though they have broken into your home and want god knows what to do god knows what to you and your family.

You take those chances, and make them tea and offer them something to eat, I'm going to shoot those fukers for invading my home and putting myself and family in danger.

Comment

I'm serious. A simple "Don't move or I'll shoot you" would solve the problem without having to kill anyone.

it takes about 2 seconds for you to yell "don't move or I'll shoot"...it takes the intruder probably 1 second to turn around and fire one shot at you that could end your life...sorry but once someone brakes into your home he should know nothing good could come out of it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Not everyone can afford an alarm system, they are very expensive, need to be installed and need to be maintained.
        As opposed to guns who are cheap.

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
        it takes about 2 seconds for you to yell "don't move or I'll shoot"...it takes the intruder probably 1 second to turn around and fire one shot at you that could end your life...sorry but once someone brakes into your home he should know nothing good could come out of it...
        Most robbers don't have guns, they just want to steal shit. Maybe in the US where everybody is armed that stuff wouldn't fly, but that homeowner in the UK could have tried it.

Comment

Most robbers don't have guns, they just want to steal shit. Maybe in the US where everybody is armed that stuff wouldn't fly, but that homeowner in the UK could have tried it.
          That's their problem when they decided to intrude your home where your family sleeps.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Light_Speed;12478010]
            Yes, it's a much cheaper alternative to paying for a security system, then having to pay the monthly bill on it.

Again, I'm not talking about the UK, I'm talking about the U.S.

Comment

but most robbers do and when your life depends on it you can't take a chance...

Comment

For me, it's not about if he's carrying a gun or not.....but if someone broke into my house that's what it's all about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chups View Post
                  For me, it's not about if he's carrying a gun or not.....but if someone broke into my house that's what it's all about.
                  Tru Dat!!!!

I wouldn't care if dude was carrying a toothpick .... he breaks into my home, he gets hammered with 00Buck without mercy -- Let God and the Cops sort it out afterwards.

Comment

I don't know about the notion "stuff is just stuff". Robbers, murderers, they're both the same in my book. 6 years ago someone stole my car....till this day, if i knew who he was I'd burn his house. Don't care if his family is on it. Fuck thieves...they are getting shot if they enter my home.
                    Robbers and murderers are different from one another and thieves are different than both. Stuff is still just stuff.

Originally posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
                    When *****s move in an area in the UK the burglaries go through the roof. They have no fear of retrobution. In fact the Police won't even visit their camps. My mother's friend got burgled by *****'s in Kent. When she returned home they casually finished packing the van while she was called the Police and despite filming their van on her mobile ,giving the vehicle registration and good descriptions the Police refused to visit the ***** camp and do anything about it. People should have the option to take things into their hands if the law does not work.In cases like this I would have no objection at all if the householder blew them away.
                    You're right! Everyone knows that if you shoot dead a couple of *****s who are burgling your house then the rest of the *****s will totally understand and leave it at that.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    On the other hand buying guns, ammo, safe storage systems, a gun club membership, shooting lessons and practise sessions is all absolutely free.

For me the biggest barrier to getting a gun is the expense of actually maintaining one. That includes reinforcing my house even more, getting an alarm, buying safes and installing them and so on. Because having a gun doesn't make you safer, it makes you a high value target. In my house I have a few items that a potential burglar might grab. I have things like golf clubs and an xbox, phones, cameras. These sorts of things require exchanging into something that thieves want. They want cash, drugs and guns. They have to take these things and turn them into cash, usually at a fraction of their value.

If I have guns, drugs or cash in my house I have items that do not require criminals to do any exchanges. Suddenly I become a target that is worth planning to hit.

I just can't understand the people that keep making these hypothetical examples of what people should do.

"Just leave your house" - What if you can't or live on the 4th floor of a building?

"Get an alarm" - what if you can't afford one?

"Find out what they want first" - What if they don't want to tell you? lol
                    Actually the gun nuts tend to be the ones inventing hypotheticals.

Leave the house.

"Well what if you live in an underground room with only one entrance and exit and they put a guard on the exit?"

They're going to grab stuff and leave.

"Well what if they are evil doctors who want to drug you and attach you together mouth to anus and make you into human centipedes!?"
                    Last edited by squealpiggy; 09-04-2012, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
                      Tru Dat!!!!

I wouldn't care if dude was carrying a toothpick .... he breaks into my home, he gets hammered with 00Buck without mercy -- Let God and the Cops sort it out afterwards.
                      How about using them hands? Y'all are boxing fans, you should be able to fight a little bit.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ing-champ.html

Comment

Working...
                      X