Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think 1 day humans will have to leave Earth to exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cazadores View Post
    I dont know man. Watch "The Universe" on the history channel. It explains it all.

Some think there is nothing outside the universe, and some thing there are multiple universes all right together like a bunch of bubbles.

Then you might ask well if there is one universe then what is at the end? Well the universe is expanding faster then the speed of light so technically it never ends. Which makes me interested on when/if it closes in, then whats at the end?

They know it's expanding because all the galaxies keep moving further apart. When they look back in time with their weird ass telescopes. They think dark matter causes the expansion and that someday dark matter will be all used up. At the same time they cant see dark matter.
    I think it's Dark Energy that they reckon causes the accelerated universe expansion.

Dark matter is just "stuff" that we can't detect as it doesn't interact with photons of light so we can't see it. But it's gravitational effects are noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
      How would we even know the universe is expanding??and if it is expanding,then what is outside of the universe?
      Man, you can drive yourself crazy trying to think about the universe and what the hell might be outside it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        What boggles my little mind, from what I have read, is the universe is composed of 80% + black matter, which made up of sub atomic particles that we still don't fully understand.

We still got a lot to uncover about our surroundings, before we can give a definitive "Earf is da only place that life can exist" type of talk. Just the sheer number of stars and galaxies alone should make somebody really question how we could be the only intelligent life in the entire universe.
        I don't get how anyone can be confident we are the only life. The odds of Earth being the only planet with life has to be extremely small.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I don't get how anyone can be confident we are the only life. The odds of Earth being the only planet with life has to be extremely small.
          I think it's a mathematical impossibility for Earth to be the only planet with life on it.

Doesn't make life on this planet anymore incredible, though.

I'm not trying to get all hippy, spiritual oneness on everybody. But I have had the hair on my arms, and the back of my neck stand up just being around the Giant Sequoias in Kings Canyon. Just big ass tree's, right? But there is a ....presence to them. I can't explain it. But I always feel better after walking the trails to see them.

Might as well buy a Prius, and eat granola after this post.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            I think it's a mathematical impossibility for Earth to be the only planet with life on it.

Doesn't make life on this planet anymore incredible, though.

I'm not trying to get all hippy, spiritual oneness on everybody. But I have had the hair on my arms, and the back of my neck stand up just being around the Giant Sequoias in Kings Canyon. Just big ass tree's, right? But there is a ....presence to them. I can't explain it. But I always feel better after walking the trails to see them.

Might as well buy a Prius, and eat granola after this post.....
            King's Canyon is the boss

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
              How would we even know the universe is expanding??and if it is expanding,then what is outside of the universe?
              This clip explains everything Larry:

Comment

Well I find it hard to imagine there is no other life out in the universe somewhere. The whole Mars Rover is pretty exciting and could tell us more then we imagined soon about if life once existed on mars.

But in short, yeah i think in the end, earth will be resigned to the history books, people may live here still, but i think mankind will find a way to expand and live away from earth in time.
                By the time that happens i will probably be worm food or going more senile then I am now

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  More likely we'll get hit by an asteroid, get killed my warfare or enter an ice age before that happens.

add running out of clean drinking water and destroying the ozone layer.

rising sea levels, too.

there's no way in hell we last long enough to colonize space. no way.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    add running out of clean drinking water and destroying the ozone layer.

rising sea levels, too.

there's no way in hell we last long enough to colonize space. no way.
                    The rats are coming...

Comment

I don't think in our lifetime we'll be venturing to live on other planets, but maybe our grand kids will see the beginning stages. You gotta think, they didn't spend Millions upon Millions of dollars just to look at rocks on Mars. IMO there's a much bigger plan, but it won't be an overnight thing whatsoever obviously.

Comment

Working...
                      X