No announcement yet.

China Swimming Ye Shiwen Dopes! Its humanly impossible to beat a men's record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    you are right but does it mean not be suspicious?

it's not even about america, it's the olympics. a french guy destroyed lochte in the last 50m of an event. am i saying anything about him? no.

phelps was tearing things up since 2000. has freak genetics. basketball center height, crazy large feet and hands, including the webbing in his hands, his body is shaped in a way that makes his swimming easier.

same with bolt. he's 6'4 with a 4 ft stride and has a higher repetition than his opponents. of course he will be fast.

the point with this girl is. the time in which she won. not the fact that she won. so, yeah, it's okay to be skeptical but i'm not condemning her as a cheat. but i wouldn't be surprised if she did.

But the American swimming coaches are condemning her and in the media.

Why?

Sour grapes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oly...n-Leonard.html

Any time someone has looked like superwoman in the history of our sport they have later been found guilty of doping”. Ye was more than seven seconds faster in the 400m individual medley than she had been in the equivalent race of the World Championships last year. While Leonard accepted that such improvement was feasible, he described the final 100m as “impossible”. He added: “To swim three other splits at the rate that she did, which was quite ordinary for elite competition, and then unleash a historic anomaly, it is just not right. I have heard commentators saying 'well she is 16, and at that age amazing things happen’. Well yes, but not that amazing, I am sorry.”

Blatant accusation.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...-shiwen-record

Others, including former British Olympic gold medallist swimmers Duncan Goodhew and Adrian Moorhouse, have attacked those comments as destructive and as smacking of sour grapes. In the shadow of the row is a girl who should have been revelling in her moment of glory and focusing on her next race.

Her pink microblog page is a typical teenager's, with cutesy pictures and a snap of her cuddling a puppy. She enjoys cross stitch – a bafflingly popular hobby among Chinese girls – as well as watching TV and reading detective novels.

In her last message to her 200,000 followers, written not long after that spectacular performance, she observed modestly: "The first day's competition is finished. The score is satisfactory. Tomorrow, I still have the 200m and will continue to strive. Thank you for your support."

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2...ing-400-medley

LONDON -- Olympic organizers and swimming's governing body leapt to the defense of China's world record-breaking teen sensation Ye Shiwen on Tuesday, with the sport's president saying suspicions that she doped were "crazy" and motivated by jealousy and the IOC stressing its confidence in the drug-testing program.

"We need to get real here," said International Olympic Committee spokesman Mark Adams. "These are the world's best athletes competing at the very highest level. We've seen all sorts of records broken already all over the place."

Adams said the top five athletes in each event, plus two others, are tested as part of "a very, very strong drug-testing program, and we are very confident if there are cheats we will catch them."

Sour Grapes

Comment

you are right but does it mean not be suspicious?

it's not even about america, it's the olympics. a french guy destroyed lochte in the last 50m of an event. am i saying anything about him? no.

phelps was tearing things up since 2000. has freak genetics. basketball center height, crazy large feet and hands, including the webbing in his hands, his body is shaped in a way that makes his swimming easier.

same with bolt. he's 6'4 with a 4 ft stride and has a higher repetition than his opponents. of course he will be fast.

the point with this girl is. the time in which she won. not the fact that she won. so, yeah, it's okay to be skeptical but i'm not condemning her as a cheat. but i wouldn't be surprised if she did.

Ye has unusually large hands and is pretty tall for a woman. They are her genetics as well. You can't talk about genetics with regards to phelps and bolt and ignore ye in that equation. She has very broad shoulders a more manly build which is more suitable for swimming. But note how she has a feminine jawline so she did not take growth hormones or steroids.

She already took the test as well as at least 4 tests during the year. She passed ALL of them bar NONE.

So why are you still suspicious? I mean phelps won 8 golds in beijing with an unprecedented incredible superhuman display of stamina that nobody EVER saw previously but that is due to his genetics yet apparantly the chinese swimmer has to be taking drugs to get her body shape while phelps is apparantly born with it.

It's just a ridiculous notion that reek of bias. Nobody questioned the 15 year old lithuanian who won gold when she wasn't the favorite.

Also, phelps has been known to take drugs (weed), which shows his character is somewhat suspect. Since america is pretty much the leading country when it comes to making and masking drugs, it's more likely they gave phelps drugs which he took and then he grew large with that drug enhanced body and flippers.

Btw do you see where we are going here? it's kinda stupid when u see me talking about american swimmers don't you.

Phelps took the tests he was clean

Ye took the tests She was clean

If in the future they somehow find out phelps or ye took drugs then that would be a different story.

But if people say drugs can be masked, why would floyd bother asking pac for a drug's test? surely that means flom.os are talking nonsense.
      Last edited by Xercen; 07-31-2012, 05:46 PM.

Comment

The whole world is laughing at the butthurt of the Americans and fools in this thread are believing what there prob being fed by the US media.

Flicker you talk about phelps and bolt having freak genetics, how do you know this girl does not? But then again I forgot your Japanese living in the US so you got the best of both worlds of the butthurt

Comment

you are on something totally different than i am.

you're talking about people who accused her. i'm talking about MY opinion and what the analyst discussed withe the guy in charge.

don't reply to someone about something totally different than what they are speaking about.

i'm over here talking about apples and you reply to me about oranges. i got nothing to debate with you about. now that i've realised this.
          These are the fruits you are talking about.

Comment

Comment

@xercen: dude, i said you were right about the drug suspicions and trusting of countries.

she looked on par to all the othe girls. i didn't know about her hands but a whole sports science show was dedicated to phelps' measurements. that's how i know his.

again it's not about the winning. it's the time in which she won. and i haven't accused her flat out. i said likely. so i'm leaning to the suspicion side but i'm not flat out accusing her.

so to claim a bias? really? that to me is a crutch to not wanting to believe her cheating is possible. i've even said china would land the most golds days ago. bias? really?

Comment

@xercen: dude, i said you were right about the drug suspicions and trusting of countries.

she looked on par to all the othe girls. i didn't know about her hands but a whole sports science show was dedicated to phelps' measurements. that's how i know his.

again it's not about the winning. it's the time in which she won. and i haven't accused her flat out. i said likely. so i'm leaning to the suspicion side but i'm not flat out accusing her.

so to claim a bias? really? that to me is a crutch to not wanting to believe her cheating is possible. i've even said china would land the most golds days ago. bias? really?
                Please fill out this form.

Comment

Even what you wrote down here confirms that you are prolly biased. So you watched some show about phelp's measurements yet you don't even know Ye's measurements yet you are saying she is suspicious?

Then you also wrote down the physical advantages phelps and usain bolt have yet ignore ye's physical advantages including the fact she is 16 and full of energy.

You were trying to justify phelp and bolt's accomplishments due to freaky genetics whilst you have no clue about ye's measurements. To me that just doesn't make any sense whatsoever as a scientist.

Either you are biased or incredibly ignorant. Perhaps it's the latter rather than the former.
                  Last edited by Xercen; 07-31-2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    BB gun shooting and synchronized diving are a joke no matter who wins it.
                    How is synchronized diving a joke? It takes unbelievable amounts of athleticism, precision and timing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Xercen View Post
                      Even what you wrote down here confirms that you are prolly biased. So you watched some show about phelp's measurements yet you don't even know Ye's measurements yet you are saying she is suspicious?

Then you also wrote down the physical advantages phelps and usain bolt have yet ignore ye's physical advantages including the fact she is 16 and full of energy.

Either you are biased or incredibly ignorant. Perhaps it's the latter rather than the former.
                      i don't know her measurements. it's not like i spoke on them either.

i don't get what part of what i wrote. you don't comprehend.

but what i am starting to see from you is. you are either one of those people who love yo see america fail, so you're extremely bias against anything american or you don't believe anyone should be suspicious about anything until it's proven fact. which at that point, one can't even be suspicious.

i don't know which. but having suspicions is perfectly fine. i'm not condemning her as a cheat.

Comment

Working...
                      X