No announcement yet.

The dark knight rises sucked ass.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Well, there's a difference between not liking a movie and saying it sucks. You can not like a film but still acknowledge that it does not suck.
    I jus saw it and yeah man, I hear you on that. It was bad ass and very well done IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
      If batman's costume was white, George wouldn't be interested.
      You're an idiot and a goat herder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
        My thoughts exactly. But I think I understand what they wanted to achieve out of it considering it was the last film of the trio. They knew that since the movie was gonna be long (3 hours), giving us two and a half hours of Bane being the predominant character was enough to enjoy him as the bad guy. But they didn't want him overshadowing Batman again like The Joker did, therefore decided to make him someone's toyboy at the end to get the focus back on Batman, which they achieved. The plot twist with the female revealing herself to be the one pulling all the strings was almost irrelevant except for the fact that it made the end of.... Robin being revealed to us and a retired Batman kicking it with Catwoman with his Butler watching, that more better. A satisfying ending.

The plot twist was too shallow. The true reason why Bane was exiled was also weak, it wasn't effective. I felt they skimmed through that part too quick to really create an impacting effect on the story. Maybe the Blu-ray will have an extended edition that could possibly have the edited portion out -- if it even exists, it seemed like it was edited too much and left out something. Bane's demise didn't suit the build up of his character throughout the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
          The plot twist was too shallow. The true reason why Bane was exiled was also weak, it wasn't effective. I felt they skimmed through that part too quick to really create an impacting effect on the story. Maybe the Blu-ray will have an extended edition that could possibly have the edited portion out -- if it even exists, it seemed like it was edited too much and left out something. Bane's demise didn't suit the build up of his character throughout the beginning.
          Yes, but they wanted that. After 2 hours of Bane, they wanted him to come tumbling down and for it to be about Batman/Bruce Wayne. Whether he was dead or not. Whether the young Cop was gonna be the new Batman or Robin, which turned out to be Robin. Not the best way to go out, but after 3 hours what should one expect. Perhaps another 30 mins was required for what you're talking about but then the movie would be 3.30 hours long. The flashback of the kid in prison were also too few and far between.

Overall, I just think they were content on Bane not overshadowing Batman and they delivered. The Dark Knight's ending scene about Batman driving off was almost ineffective since everyone was still focused on Joker, they learned from their mistake.
          Last edited by cupocity303; 07-28-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
            Yes, but they wanted that. After 2 hours of Bane, they wanted him to come tumbling down and for it to be about Batman/Bruce Wayne. Whether he was dead or not. Whether the young Cop was gonna be the new Batman or Robin, which turned out to be Robin. Not the best way to go out, but after 3 hours what should one expect. Perhaps another 30 mins was required for what you're talking about. The flashback of the kid in prison were also too few and far between.
            *** WARNING *** SPOILER *** ALERT ***

I understand what you're saying, but they wouldn't have needed extra time to properly dispose of him. Like I said, they took an easy way out. I could have imagined it to where his own ambition would have led to his own demise. Not because Catwoman who had happened to drive up the motorcycle up the stairs and shooting him. An alternate way of respectfully disposing such a good character is all I had asked.

Comment

I was kind of confused with Bane's plan also, he brought the city back to people then wanted to destroy it.

Why wouldnt he just bomb it instead of bothering with taking it over.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                I was kind of confused with Bane's plan also, he brought the city back to people then wanted to destroy it.

eh.............

Comment

Batman should've been allowed to kill Bane, even though that's not his style. The last fight wasn't brutal enough.

Comment

Humiliate "civilized" society first before destroying it.

Comment

Who did he give the city to though? All the locked up criminals because of the Harvey Dent Act, not the people in the stance during the Football game.

Perhaps his way of having a little fun with the city until he destroys it for good. But isn't this always the case with fantasy villains, even in James Bond movies. Always have to be over the top, wither some guy holding a cat revealing his evil plans to Bond in a gentlemen like way, or a guy with make up on his face or in this case a bold guy with a mask covering his mouth. Not your simple Al-Queads terrorists.

Comment

Working...
                      X